Menu

Dakota Johnson In Gucci – 2017 Oscars

Dakota Johnson attended the 2017 Oscars on Sunday night (February 26).

The actress and style chameleon wore a golden Gucci gown from the Fall 2017 collection with Cartier jewels.

This gown is definitely an editorial statement, and a huge departure from most of the gowns seen tonight, and I’m completely on board with it!

The shoulder pads, front pleating and peplum-esque bow make this a serious nod to the 80s, and while I know it may be polarizing, I’m eating it up, and Dakota is the perfect actress to be serving it!

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Octavia Spencer In Marchesa - 2017 Oscars

Octavia Spencer In Marchesa – 2017 Oscars

Emma Stone In Givenchy Couture - 2017 Oscars

Emma Stone In Givenchy Couture – 2017 Oscars

35 Responses to Dakota Johnson In Gucci – 2017 Oscars

1. Lancel March 16, 2017 at 09:30 #

The post’s tag is DAKOTA FANNING! Not Dakota Johnson

2. Zainab February 27, 2017 at 21:30 #

Pictures don’t do the dress justice at all. It looked amazing on TV. The real question is why were 2 mediocre actors (Jamie & Dakota) from a mediocre and heavily panned film present 2 awards at the freaking OSCARS ???!!! I honestly could not believe it when they both entered the stage. Really Oscars ?

3. Sanya February 27, 2017 at 20:59 #

I really love it. It is an unusual dress, but at the same time is also elegant and romantic. Dakota is pulling this off.

4. LittlePaperStars February 27, 2017 at 18:05 #

Initially, I thought ‘oof no’ but then it’s really grown on me. I love that she’s taken a risk, and few could have even hit the red carpet in this. I love her bravery. I get it’s not for everyone and satin is a bloody nightmare to wear, but I admire her balls in choosing this

5. Kate February 27, 2017 at 17:10 #

I really loved this! I’m surprised at all the critiques. In motion, the silk just looked soft and luxurious, not creased, and I found it refreshing and elegant.

6. Caroline February 27, 2017 at 16:51 #

Dracula’s girlfriend vibes anyone? WDOTY list worthy.

7. from-chitown February 27, 2017 at 15:18 #

Terrible head to toe. She looks like she lost a bet.

8. Fiona - Perth February 27, 2017 at 12:43 #

Bad colour on her, droopy dress and the hair is a disaster – who did her hair?! Shame because she has looked beautiful on her promo tour.

• Jenna February 27, 2017 at 13:18 #

I agree! Hair is terrible, giving her a big forehead she actually doesn’t have!

And the dress is even worse, no way this dress could be done right! She wanted to do unexpected and failed.

Some dresses shouldn’t even be made!

9. dedel February 27, 2017 at 12:37 #

This is a huge no for me. I hate the fabric, the color and above all, the hair !

10. bas February 27, 2017 at 12:01 #

I think what is not working for me here is the hair and make up. With old Hollywood waves and a red lipstick this would have gone to another level. As it is it feels as an unfinished look.

11. Lancel February 27, 2017 at 10:55 #

This is an awful gown. I can’t understand how she chose it… She was easily the worst dressed of the night.

12. amy February 27, 2017 at 10:51 #

I really want to like because she took a risk but I can’t. the giant flap in the front and the many creases are not doing it for me. it cheapens the dress.this looks like a costume from the Dallas wardrobe

13. Marina February 27, 2017 at 09:51 #

Just too awful for words! Definitely the worst I saw last night. That apron thingy on the front, the shoulder pads, the tacky fabric. It looks too big on her. And her hair! Did she bother to wash it in the last week or so? Greasy and stringy. Dowdy makeup. Horrible, horrible, horrible. She’s a pretty girl, but this entire look is a mess.

14. Slash February 27, 2017 at 09:12 #

Good God, this is a sore to my eyes. Honestly, I really dislike the new direction that Gucci’s been taking lately and I only hope that celebrities stop wearing it so much. This is awful. It’s as if they’ve wrapped her in some old satin sheet and used the pillow cases to make that bow thing on the front. Probably worst of the night.

15. alvarospain February 27, 2017 at 07:16 #

WDOTY

• Charlotte February 27, 2017 at 08:16 #

16. Aminet February 27, 2017 at 07:01 #

On anyone else this would look ridiculous but Dakota pulls it off.

She’s a fashion girl & i love every minute of it!

17. hanoo February 27, 2017 at 06:52 #

it’s lika a custiom cheap one

18. Juan February 27, 2017 at 06:05 #

Where are those amazing Gucci Premiere dresses we used to see on red carpets? We were blown away when Blake Lively wore them, and now this is the best Gucci has to offer to the Oscars? Sorry, worst of the night.

19. JHH February 27, 2017 at 03:23 #

This is awful. The color is bad and the creases and the dated vintage look. Plus her hair and makeup are unflattering. Overall, so far, this is my worst of the evening (in a tie with Leslie Mann).

20. Kate February 27, 2017 at 03:22 #

This is a bad gown and poorly executed. I am all for interns supporting the indefatigable CK but the fact that they don’t pick up on the basics of styling and presentation and instead present this as one of the best dressed of the night is an absolute travesty.

21. Meg February 27, 2017 at 03:09 #

The exclamation points in your posts are too much. Not boring, but the material always looks wrinkled. Out of all the thing Gucci could cook up for Dakota, THIS is it?

22. dolan February 27, 2017 at 03:03 #

no no no! Gucci right now is just more street brand than redcarpet brand. I understand the designer’s vintage aesthetic and all but common’ this dress is just dreadful on her. The dress is sooo heavy.

Also, the styling is off. Her hair looks so greasy and heavy.

23. SZ February 27, 2017 at 02:29 #

Where should I start – the creases, the weird art-and-craft pleat in front, the lackluster hair.

Just…no. Worst dressed for me.

24. Que February 27, 2017 at 02:28 #

Best Dressed in a land of all too predictable

25. Amanda February 27, 2017 at 02:24 #

I hate this so much it makes my teeth hurt.

26. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2017 at 02:02 #

Well here’s a contender for worst of the night. The giant satin scallop shell isn’t helping matters.

27. Nat39 February 27, 2017 at 02:00 #

Oh No. The fabric looks cheap, the bland color isn’t helping, and the whole thing is just aging, lifeless and matronly for her, the hair is awful and lackluster as well. Thumbs down.

28. CreoleLady February 27, 2017 at 01:58 #

She’s wearimg an apron.

29. A.W February 27, 2017 at 01:58 #

I’m incredibly sad to see this. She has such style and modernity…and somehow got stuck in this Baggy sack of a dress. And on top of it all, it looks so cheap.

30. Pheephee February 27, 2017 at 01:57 #

She should of chose the purple!! This color is truly bland and disappointing, esp beside the purple…
    The ‘bow’ looks like a giant droopy fanny pack.
    Just no. She has done so much better many times before.

31. Alison February 27, 2017 at 01:56 #

I agree that it’s definitely controversial. Personally, the droopy floppy blob in the front, the shiny creased fabric, and the dated shoulder pads make this an all around disappointment.

32. Christine February 27, 2017 at 01:53 #

This is awful

33. Chris February 27, 2017 at 01:53 #

It’s really growing on me, tbh. Interesting, at least