Menu

Charles Finch and Chanel Pre-Oscar Awards Dinner

The annual Charles Finch and Chanel Pre-Oscar Awards Dinner took place at Madeo Restaurant on Saturday (February 25) in Beverly Hills, California, with all our favourite stars in attendance.

Nicole Kidman: The grand dame looked as regal as ever in Chanel Spring 2017 Couture. While I wish she had kept the original length, she always excels in Chanel. The look was style with Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudistsong’ sandals and a smattering of diamonds.

Janelle Monáe: I’m sure many of you will be singing ‘hallelujah’ upon sight of Janelle not wearing black and white or a multitude of clashing prints. I’m more excited that this gold Chanel Pre-Fall 2017 tuxedo dress could be another indication that my Oscars prediction of a black-and-white-out could be coming to fruition. The look was styled with a Chanel bag and Christian Louboutin ‘Louloudance’ sandals.

Naomi Watts: Colour is like food to my soul, so consider me full and plenty satisfied by Naomi’s Chanel Spring 2017 explosive print frock. The clutch, not so much.

Deepika Padukone: The actress may have been one of the few to not wear Chanel, but her Duro Olowu Fall 2017 dress didn’t fail to catch my attention; and how could it? It wa full of the fun, vibrant energy we expect from any Olowu piece, yet more fun was to be hand with her red clutch and Christian Louboutin ‘ Kaleikita’ sandals.

Pharrell Williams: The musicians Chanel Pre-Fall 2017 coat might appear heavy, but he makes light work of the look styling it in his unique laidback way.

Ruth Negga: She has style, she has swagger, and it comes through in this Chanel Pre-Fall 2017 look. It could’ve read stiff and boring, but this presentation is quite the opposite.

Kristen Stewart: Stripping down the Chanel Spring 2017 look and making it her own, this is when Kristen excels. I’m particulary taken by the hair and makeup here.

Priyanka Chopra: I found myself being slightly -no- hugely underwhelmed by Priyanka’s Chanel Resort 2017 look. I think the wool sweater and mis-match jacket is throwing me off.

Lily Collins: The actress presented a very lady-like impression a Chanel Pre-Fall 2017 look styled with Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ pumps.

Hailee Steinfeld: I love the boyish mood of her black and white Chanel look. I wonder if Janelle was looking on in envy.

Ellie Bamber: I like the blue hue of this leather Chanel look, but I want to strip it back and remove both the bow and the belt. The British actress also wore Louboutins ‘So Kate’ pumps.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Laura Dern & Paz Vega In Elie Saab - Bvlgari Pre-Oscar Dinner

Laura Dern & Paz Vega In Elie Saab – Bvlgari Pre-Oscar Dinner

Ruth Negga In Valentino Couture - 2017 Oscars

Ruth Negga In Valentino Couture – 2017 Oscars

13 Responses to Charles Finch and Chanel Pre-Oscar Awards Dinner

1. Amanda February 26, 2017 at 23:47 #

Deepika and Naomi both went the colourful route with very different outcomes. Deepika looks amazing and Naomi looks like she should have been headed to a garden party – also the clutch just doesn’t jive with the dress

2. Pheephee February 26, 2017 at 23:23 #

I am def one of those people who is tired of Janelles usual color scheme and clashing patterns. I hope she continues to expeeriment with color!
    Nicole looks perfect. So suits her.
    Naomis dress seems soooo mumsy/old-fashioned. something is unappealing for me.
    Ruths dress DOES look very stiff to my eyes. Not my fave.

3. Nat39 February 26, 2017 at 21:28 #

Hailee is looking sharp, the red lip and sleek hair are perfect.

Ruth needed a different shoe instead of those black pumps;
    Deepika’s look is too fussy with all the colors, busy print and sandals and hair – the sandals needed to be a bit simpler and the hair pulled away.

• Nat39 February 26, 2017 at 21:49 #

..and it’s not right for Chanel dinner, it’s more Independent Spirits.

Nicole looks lovely.

4. TeaAtTwo February 26, 2017 at 18:38 #

Nicole- it’s nice but I wish she’d change the belt.
    Janelle- this feels pared back for her which I like.
    Naomi – I like the dress but don’t like the black accessories with it.
    Deepika – I love the shoes and the vibrancy of the dress.
    Pharell – The rest of his ensemble looks too casual for the event.
    Ruth – manages to not look aged by her outfit.
    Kristen and Priyanka outfits don’t interest me much
    Lily -the skirt is nice.
    Hailee and Elle both look cool in leather.

5. quimby February 26, 2017 at 18:02 #

Kristin looks so Cool Girl until you get to the sheer, which manages to make Chanel look cheap! Loving Ruth Negga and Hallie here.

6. TeaAtTwo February 26, 2017 at 18:02 #

No surprise that Meryl Streep wasn’t in attendance.

• Catherine Kallon February 26, 2017 at 19:07 #

Ouch!!! 🙂

too soon lol

7. Christine February 26, 2017 at 17:59 #

Love Deepika and Ruth looks.

8. Alina February 26, 2017 at 16:55 #

Nicole, Janelle and Ruth. ❤

• Chris February 26, 2017 at 18:20 #

Agree, those three are perfect.

9. AK February 26, 2017 at 16:47 #

I’m so glad you like Deepika’s look, I think she looks stunning but everyone here in India can’t get their heads wrapped around Priyanka, who looks meh :/

• Catherine Kallon February 26, 2017 at 19:08 #

Probably my favourite look here