Menu

Janelle Monáe In Marc Jacobs & Kate Spade New York – Good Morning America

On Monday (February 20), Janelle Monae was up bright and early for her guest appearance on Good Morning America where she helped honor Raye Montague, the first woman to become a program manager in Navy history and the first woman to design a ship using a computer.

Janelle was on top form – as we would expect – hitting all her signatures: black and white, a bright red lip; and we can now add pearl-accented hair, and a love for checkered patterns and polka dots, as this is the second time she has worn her Kate Spade New York faux fur coat.

The only thing missing here is her love for stripes, but with two patterns already going on a third would’ve been overkill.

Cesare Paciotti sandals and 50s-style cat-eye glasses completed her look.

Is there too much going on, or only Janelle could make this work?

Credit: Vogue.com & AKM-GSI-XPOSURE

Anna Kendrick In Fendi - Late Night with Seth Meyers

Anna Kendrick In Fendi – Late Night with Seth Meyers

Gillian Anderson In Galvan & Roksanda - 'Viceroy's House' Berlin Film Festival & London Premieres

Gillian Anderson In Galvan & Roksanda – ‘Viceroy’s House’ Berlin Film Festival & London Premieres

7 Responses to Janelle Monáe In Marc Jacobs & Kate Spade New York – Good Morning America

1. Pheephee February 22, 2017 at 23:05 #

This is really ages her, and is wayyyy too much. Also seems costumey rather than her usual organic black n white looks…

2. lmkw February 22, 2017 at 00:29 #

She looks fantastic. Although this is the rare occasion where a plain black pump might have been a better choice. The checks and the polka dots are adorable.

3. Dan February 21, 2017 at 21:40 #

She’s just a bit costume looking. But just about makes it work I think

4. fromchi-town February 21, 2017 at 21:32 #

I think she looks great. I love the pattern on pattern – it is quirky and chic at the same time.

5. Ericka February 21, 2017 at 20:32 #

Ms. Montague was the first PERSON to design a ship, not just the first woman.

I love Janelle’s look here. The skirt is amazing and the pattern mixing works.

6. Nat39 February 21, 2017 at 20:18 #

Too much is too much, although I guess she is dressed for the show and took the coat off once inside…still, the sandals are competing with the skirt, plus those glasses…I can’t help but think she looks like a grandma here.

7. Charlotte February 21, 2017 at 19:20 #

She looks great, I love the skirt.
    I don”t get the faux fur coat and the sandals though.