Menu

13.02.17

Adele In Givenchy Couture by Riccardo Tisci – 2017 Grammy Performances

While Adele was glorious in a green Givenchy gown on the 2017 Grammy Awards red carpet on Sunday (February 12) in LA, she also offered up two additional performance looks that were just as compelling for her big night that saw her taking home five trophies.

Look 1: Her first performance gown was a custom Givenchy Couture by Riccardo Tisci piece featuring multi-coloured Swarovski crystals and a plisse skirt. I love how the stained glass pattern, formed by the crystals, illuminated this look and only further increased Adele’s radiance on stage.

Look 2: As her second performance was a tribute to the late George Michael, she wore a more sombre custom Givenchy Couture by Riccardo Tisci gown inspired by the Fall 2012 Couture collection. Darker in form, the look gained its richness from the embossed velvet and cape of fringe that still delivered high on subtle drama.

The first look was my favourite for its vibrant hues. Which did you prefer?

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2017 BAFTAs?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2017 BAFTAs?

Chrissy Teigen In Roberto Cavalli & Paule Ka - 2017 Grammy Awards

Chrissy Teigen In Roberto Cavalli & Paule Ka – 2017 Grammy Awards

7 Responses to Adele In Givenchy Couture by Riccardo Tisci – 2017 Grammy Performances

1. Sophie February 16, 2017 at 23:09 #

Wow, the second look is the same one Florence Welch wore to a Met Gala. Loved it then and love it here on Adele.

2. Alina February 14, 2017 at 09:49 #

I like them both! A great night for her fashion-wise.

3. ShallowCulture February 14, 2017 at 07:33 #

Ohhh! Both are completely stunning!

The first look gives me some major Art Deco vibes. How great are the sleeves continuing the line and pattern from the body! The way the dress drapes off her waist is also gorgeous.

With look two the cape is just so striking! I agree that the materials and textures of the embellishment really amped up the drama of the look. The up-do natural vibe really suited the fact it was a tribute, with the focus being on the song and the memory of George Michael.

4. Nat39 February 14, 2017 at 00:17 #

I also think that her 1st performance look here is the best of all 3 – the colorful crystals are beautiful and the gown is more flattering for her shape than her red carpet one.

5. AnderBoBo February 13, 2017 at 20:48 #

The first look was my absolute favorite of the entire evening.

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 13, 2017 at 19:50 #

J’adore the first look. I think her green look was a cool design but just a shade too olive drab for me. The stained-glass Givenchy was the best of her three for me.

• Nadia99 February 13, 2017 at 21:24 #