Menu

Sarah Jessica Parker attended the 2017 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday (January 8) before winning Favourite Premium Series Actress at the People’s Choice Awards 2017 on Wednesday (January 18) in LA.

2017 Golden Globe Awards: We always expect SJP to bring her own quirky, eclectic style to the red carpet. Sometimes it works and, well, sometimes it just doesn’t—like here. She single-handedly turned the red carpet into a wedding aisle with this Vera Wang Fall 2017 Bridal gown, the sleeves of which were the worst offender.

2017 People’s Choice Awards: The original presentation of this J Mendel Fall 2016 Couture bronze metallic dress was mesmerizing. Sadly, SJP cut her version short, added sleeves, and removed the cutouts, turning it into a cross between period costume and bad prom dress.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Sally LaPointe - 2017 People’s Choice Awards

Priyanka Chopra In Sally LaPointe – 2017 People’s Choice Awards

Blake Lively In Elie Saab - 2017 People’s Choice Awards

Blake Lively In Elie Saab – 2017 People’s Choice Awards

7 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Vera Wang & J. Mendel Couture – 2017 Golden Globe Awards & People’s Choice Awards

1. tuftufwang January 23, 2017 at 20:51 #

Very odd choice of hairstyle with the ballon-sleeved wedding gown. It’s probably one of her worst looks.

2. Juan January 23, 2017 at 18:36 #

Something happened to her arms that she is covering them up?

3. Aminet January 21, 2017 at 19:28 #

I know I’m in the minority here, but I love these looks!

4. Melissa January 21, 2017 at 12:31 #

She’s a fashion goddess, but man she’s a hot mess lately.

5. Alina January 21, 2017 at 07:59 #

No and no.

6. EmmaWoodhouse January 21, 2017 at 06:02 #

I think that both of these dresses are really awkward in the sleeves and overall shape–both look dated and unflattering to booth.

7. gabis January 21, 2017 at 02:48 #

Ok, ok, ok, now I’m shocked to find out that that is ACTUALLY a wedding dress.
    Not that I see a problem with wearing wedding dresses to Red Carpet events – I mean Vera Wang’s latest bridal collections are far from classic bridal and very fashionable anyway. What I don’t get is why she had to choose the least flattering dress for her from the collection. It looks tacky and dated on her. I do like it on the model although there’s no salvation for the sleeves.