Menu

Sonam Kapoor In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – ‘Neerja’ Trailer Launch

Sonam Kapoor In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture -  'Neerja' Trailer Launch

Sonam Kapoor attended the launch of the trailer for her forthcoming biopic ‘Neerja’ in Mumbai on Thursday (December 17).

The Indian actress wore a Ulyana Sergeenko Spring 2015 Couture dress brimming with a silhouette dedicated to flattering the female form.

Permeated with laser-cut detailing for a fun, whimsy feel, Sonam opted to only incorporate the white pumps from the look book to style her outfit.

Credit: Vogue.com

Net-A-Porter's The New Year’s Eve Edit

Net-A-Porter’s The New Year’s Eve Edit

The Red Carpet Looks From 2015 We Didn’t Like

The Red Carpet Looks From 2015 We Didn’t Like

14 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – ‘Neerja’ Trailer Launch

1. Yeliz December 22, 2015 at 19:43 #

I totally adore this feminine look. She looks gorgeous and delightful.

2. Nat39 December 22, 2015 at 02:15 #

I think this look had potential, it could’ve worked on someone like Kate Bosworth or Emmy Rossum perhaps, but Sonam just looks broad and mumsy.

• Nat39 December 22, 2015 at 02:16 #

…and the hair needed to be up.

3. Gemma Rockets December 22, 2015 at 01:06 #

I think Sonam looks absolutely gorgeous, head to toe. Sure, the lookbook model has a smaller waist (though I suspect as a result of photoshop), I don’t think the dress is any less flattering on Sonam. Her simple hair and makeup lets the dress shine, and white looks stunning on her dark skin.

4. Phoenix December 21, 2015 at 23:41 #

I have to agree with Kane and Pinksugar. While it works on the model it completely loses the interest and shape on Sonam. This just cannot work.

5. pinksugar December 21, 2015 at 22:24 #

This dress lost absolutely all of it’s charm on her. The shape looks completely different and not in a good way.

6. Mad December 21, 2015 at 18:38 #

Ulyana Sergeenko has created some great red carpet looks this year, and this is no exception. I particularly love how the laser cut fabric adds a modern spin to a classic style- the simple styling only accentuates this feminine look. Full marks from me.

7. Dee December 21, 2015 at 17:22 #

Not like the hair with this dress and the dress falls flat on her.

• Caroline December 21, 2015 at 21:37 #

Same. I like it on the look book but it just seems boring to me on Sonam, she’s usually exciting, not the case.

8. Alina December 21, 2015 at 16:58 #

I prefer the dress on the model, but with Sonam’s simple styling.

9. kane December 21, 2015 at 16:39 #

I loved this US collection instantly… it stood out of a sea of on the whole quite ugly collections. However, it is a tricky one to translate on the red carpet. A lot of its appeal comes from its doll-like silhouettes–less Barbie dolls actually, maybe more Barbie meets Russian dolls, but the effect is if not lost, at least undermined when women with (some) curves put them on. Sonam is no exception and this collection isn’t playing to her strengths.

• edie December 21, 2015 at 19:05 #

+1. I felt the same way, that the charm of the dainty silhouette was lost in translation. It isn’t a knock on Sonam, who has a beautiful figure. The dress just seemed to be designed for a svelte runway model’s proportions, and it loses impact with the lessening of that waist-to-hip ratio.

• kane December 21, 2015 at 19:24 #

I agree–thanks for emphasising this, edie, which may not have become as clear as it should have from my comment: I don’t mean to criticise Sonam’s body.

10. Christine December 21, 2015 at 16:17 #