Menu

Selena Gomez In Victoria Beckham & Rodarte - Z100's Jingle Ball 2015 & Billboard's 10th Annual Women In Music
Selena Gomez attended the Z100 Jingle Ball 2015 at Madison Square Garden and Billboard’s Women in Music Luncheon on Friday (December 11) in New York City.

Z100 Jingle Ball 2015: Before switching into her black lace performance outfit, the singer maintained her most minimalist style of late in a Victoria Beckham white corset sheath dress with black Casadei pumps. Perhaps she wanted to keep her look simple for a quick-change, but I was left with a feeling that something was missing here.

Billboard Annual Women in Music: Minimalism, however, took a backseat when it came to this Rodarte Fall 2015 glittery frock, which was also embellished with feathery frou. I don’t particularly love the dress on its own merit, but the styling further did the look no further favours either. It was all too fussy and contrived with the Wolford tights, a Jennifer Fisher brass silver round reverse choker, and Nicholas Kirkwood platform sandals.

rodarte

Victoria Beckham Crepe Fitted Dress
Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Olga Kurylenko In Christian Dior Couture & Elie Saab - 15th Marrakech International Film Festival

Olga Kurylenko In Christian Dior Couture & Elie Saab – 15th Marrakech International Film Festival

Tessa Thompson In Rodarte - L.A. Dance Project 2015 Benefit

Tessa Thompson In Rodarte – L.A. Dance Project 2015 Benefit

15 Responses to Selena Gomez In Victoria Beckham & Rodarte – Z100’s Jingle Ball 2015 & Billboard’s 10th Annual Women In Music

1. Yeliz December 15, 2015 at 10:38 #

I have no words for the Rodarte look, but I quite like the VB look, even with the black pumps.

2. CreoleLady December 15, 2015 at 10:22 #

The VB looks outstanding, fab silhouette. Given her dark hair, the plain black pumps aren’t terrible. I like the simplicity. No words for the second look.

3. pinksugar December 14, 2015 at 23:13 #

I love the Rodarte dress but the styling killed it. Like, why add all of that nonsense? The VB dress is fine, rather boring and the black pumps are such a damper. I really wish Selena would find her fashion ground already. I had hope when she was promoting in London but that was quickly shot down. She should start with losing the cheap Morticia weave.

4. Alina December 14, 2015 at 19:02 #

The first look is a bore, the second one is a mess.

5. Rebecca Z December 14, 2015 at 15:28 #

She looks fine in the Beckham dress, though the shoes could use some pizzazz. I like the Rodarte dress and it would look good on her without the tights, with silver sandals and a less severe hairstyle. And lose the choker.

6. jhh36 December 14, 2015 at 15:20 #

The first look is okay. The second is awful. The dress is ugly and add in the bad styling and it is just a no.

7. james December 14, 2015 at 15:02 #

In my opinion, the 1st look is exactly what would work for her. Simple and minimalistic without a hint of try hard and she doesn’t look like a baby girl playing with her mommy’s dress room 😀

8. Dee December 14, 2015 at 14:55 #

The first look is fine but the second look is bad.

9. Christine December 14, 2015 at 14:41 #

First look not bad

10. meme December 14, 2015 at 14:35 #

She looks lovely in the Beckham; the Rodarte=unfinished mess

11. Caroline December 14, 2015 at 14:11 #

I love love love the Victoria Beckham look, I wish she would’ve worn white pumps instead of black taking the look to the next level, love her hair and white nails giving the sophisticated touch. The Rodarte look though is tragic. The dress could’ve been saved but I hate her hair and styling, I know it was presented with tights on the runway but they’re a huge no.

• bisbee December 14, 2015 at 14:44 #

I agree…that dress was worn with sheer black tights on the runway, but it is not a good look!

12. gabis December 14, 2015 at 13:57 #

Clearly minimalism is not for her. She ruined that VB dress. In fact, both looks were ruined but the first one I dislike the most.

13. Jones19 December 14, 2015 at 13:40 #

Oh goodness that Rodarte dress is completely ruined by the awful styling!

14. Charlotte December 14, 2015 at 13:34 #

The VB dress looks good on her but her styling is not working.
    The Rodarte dress is awful ! And her styling is not helping…