Menu

11.12.15

73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominations Announcement

73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominations Announcement

America Ferrera, Angela Bassett and Chloe Grace Moretz were on hand to announce the nominations for the 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards on Thursday (December 10) in Beverly Hills, California.

America Ferrera: The gorgeous actress wore a pretty cap-sleeve black INGIE Paris delightfully rendered in floral sequin detailing. I love how the satin bow adds a sweet, feminine flourish to this Parisian look. Kurt Geiger London ‘Britton’ pumps provided the finishing touch.

Angela Bassett: I was totally blown away by Angela’s all red look. From the bold hue, to the exquisite tailoring. This look should take pride of place in her hall of fame.

Chloe Grace Mortez: The young actress wore a Valentino Resort 2016 patchwork dress featuring sheer lace elements which she complemented with lace pumps. While this is a great Fall look, I was perplexed as to why she opted to wear yellow underwear with this look.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Self-Portrait Better...Gigi Hadid or Olivia Palermo?

Who Wore Self-Portrait Better…Gigi Hadid or Olivia Palermo?

Kylie Jenner In August Getty Atelier - The Clara Lionel Foundation 2nd Annual Diamond Ball

Kylie Jenner In August Getty Atelier – The Clara Lionel Foundation 2nd Annual Diamond Ball

22 Responses to 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominations Announcement

1. Jeremy December 13, 2015 at 02:00 #

I don’t care what Angela Bassett wears or how good she looks, she’s dead to me since she directed that unforgivable travesty “Whitney”. You don’t do your “friends” so wrong as that. Shame.

Anyway, Chloe looks nice. She’s an interesting young actress. I’m interested to see how her career progresses as she moves into her 20s.

2. Guest December 12, 2015 at 20:08 #

I loved Basset’s look right away, though it looks like deep orange in the picture.Moretz looks bad, which is a surprise.

3. Bfly December 12, 2015 at 06:56 #

Any idea who Miss Golden Globes, Corinne Bishop was wearing? I thought it was stunning!

4. Alina December 11, 2015 at 16:53 #

Both Angela and America look amazing, but Angela… WOW.

5. Rebecca Z December 11, 2015 at 15:37 #

Thank goodness for Angela Bassett–she looks spectacular! I love America Ferrara, but this dress is a disaster, along with the styling–way too schoolmarmish. Angela looks like a real, live sexy woman!

• jhh36 December 11, 2015 at 19:49 #

6. pinksugar December 11, 2015 at 15:28 #

I actually like all 3 looks here. America is my favorite. I love how ladylike she looks. I hate Angela’s hair but love the outfit. This is one of Chloe’s better choices, I didn’t even notice the yellow panties ha,ha.

7. Lisa December 11, 2015 at 14:51 #

I actually loved Chloe’s look at first glance – until I saw the yellow underwear. Ruined the whole look.

8. Dee December 11, 2015 at 14:28 #

Angela looks amazing.

9. Caroline December 11, 2015 at 14:12 #

I like these three looks. Nice.

10. Trinny December 11, 2015 at 14:08 #

Angela looks incredible! That colour looks amazing on her.

11. james December 11, 2015 at 12:44 #

Angela is gorgeous! To think that she is 59 makes me sad lol! I hope I look as good as her at her age 🙂

• Genevieve December 11, 2015 at 20:37 #

me too !

12. Marcel December 11, 2015 at 11:59 #

Oh my Lord ! Angela Basset is absolute stunning. She looks like a modern, urban goddess.

• Marcel December 11, 2015 at 12:00 #

*absolutely

13. marie December 11, 2015 at 11:44 #

America looks nice, I guess. Not really liking the dress, it ages her and the shoes are sooo boring, bringing the look down further.
    Angela looks really amazing, everything fits together, like this was designed especially for her.
    As for Chloe, I actually like her look very much, as I tend to do. I didn’t notice the underwear at first (I thought it was part of the dress) but I have to agree that it totally brings the whole thing down. Pity, because everything else is great imo.

14. CreoleLady December 11, 2015 at 10:57 #

My eyes zeroed right in on Angela Bassett, wow. Love America Ferrera but that dress is too Mad Man secretary for me. But back to Angela, wow again!

15. kane December 11, 2015 at 10:56 #

Angela looks fantastic. Not even considering Chloe’s look, but America’s looks so aging next to Angela. How many years are between them?

16. alvaro_spain December 11, 2015 at 10:30 #

Angela and Chloe are the best. I prefer Angela’s look beacuse of the colour and hair and makeup, but Chloe’s is beautiful too. America’s dress is awful.

17. Olivia December 11, 2015 at 10:27 #

I like America’s dress but I bored by her shoes. Angela’s is definitely my favorite of the three. I agree with you. The fit and color are both amazing. I feel like we’ve seen a thousand versions of Chloe’s dress. I’m so over the visible underwear on the red carpet trend. Although this isn’t actually a red carpet, it still applies.

18. Christine December 11, 2015 at 10:18 #

I like Angie’s makeup and hair. Chloe looks nice

19. Charlotte December 11, 2015 at 10:05 #

Chloe Moretez’s dress is so unflaterring! The black leather ribbon makes it look like she has no breast and the sheer lace elements look cheap.

I love Angela Basset’s look, the color is gorgeous and perfect on her.

America Ferrera looks good but the dress and the styling are a bit dull.