Menu

24.11.15

Lady Gaga In Tom Ford – 2015 British Fashion Awards

Lady Gaga In Tom Ford - 2015 British Fashion Awards

Lady Gaga was the ONLY one who grabbed my attention at the 2015 British Fashion Awards on Monday (November 23) in London, England.

It was a pretty lacklustre affair fashion-wise, so thank god for Gaga who glided down the red carpet wearing a work of art created especially for her by Tom Ford.

I’m not only blown away by the craftsmanship of this embroidered red hexagon dress with red leather laser cut-out detailing, but also by the styling.

No wig, no OTT makeup, just a subtle amount of jewels, red Giuseppe Zanotti sandals and a matching clutch.

This was by far my favourite at this event.

Credit: Getty

Kate Bosworth In Erdem - 2015 British Fashion Awards

Kate Bosworth In Erdem – 2015 British Fashion Awards

Charlotte Casiraghi's Gucci Sylvia Sandals

Charlotte Casiraghi’s Gucci Sylvia Sandals

49 Responses to Lady Gaga In Tom Ford – 2015 British Fashion Awards

1. CD November 26, 2015 at 00:17 #

Looks so good! So much better with the makeup toned down a little.

2. Elaine November 25, 2015 at 23:43 #

The craftsmanship of the gown is esquisite but I dislike the shoes & while the subtle make up (for lady gaga’s standard) is refreshing, I would have preferred eyebrow definition.

3. ayatlaw November 25, 2015 at 19:22 #

I think this is a great look for Lady Gaga. This is what I consider fashion! I love the red, I love the fit, I even love the gloves. She loves a costume-y look and this gives her what she likes and makes me happy at the same time. I think she looks outstanding!

4. MEME November 25, 2015 at 10:16 #

I maybe on the minority by saying that I love when Lady Gaga does Avant Garde fashion, because it is apart of her image. But I also wanted to see her do a simple and understated fashion, and this look is THE BEST! example of her doing understated glamour.

5. Olivia November 25, 2015 at 02:29 #

This dress is gorgeous! That color is to die for. I would love it more sans gloves but I think without them it wouldn’t be “Gaga” enough.

6. Maria November 25, 2015 at 02:20 #

beautiful dress, not so beautiful make up.

7. pinksugar November 24, 2015 at 22:05 #

I love this above the ankles and below the neck. The dress is indeed much like art. It’s very intriguing the more you look at it. I even dig the gloves. Mr.Ford can be hit or miss for me with red carpet pieces but this was a clear win. I have to say the sparkly makeup is distracting and I hate the clunky heels, but they aren’t enough to make not completely love this.

8. Tina November 24, 2015 at 21:56 #

The heels are made by Brian Atwood, who she often orders the high heels from.

9. adrian November 24, 2015 at 19:57 #

this is HUGE! She is owning and destroying this look. It’s a masterpiece.

• Lena November 24, 2015 at 21:50 #

+1 Amen

10. Nat39 November 24, 2015 at 19:29 #

Sorry, don’t like it. Flashy and overdone, the pumps are tacky. This is more ‘a host of some festive show’ look.

• Nat39 November 24, 2015 at 22:36 #

this is much more a costume/singer’s dress than art, and besides those red platforms, she took it overboard with her eye makeup (with the sparkles and eyelash extensions), the overall effect with the banal high side slit, flashy red and sparkle, is stage-y, I don’t see a work of art here, unfortunately.

• Nat39 November 24, 2015 at 23:00 #

…my instant thought was actually a ‘lounge/club signer.

• Marcel November 25, 2015 at 02:15 #

Thank you .
          Because for saying the same I was called out as a hater and to “demolish the craftsmen ship of people’s work by your meaningless comments”. ( her words, literally ).
          Go figure…
          Because the “aunt” of a little girl who happens to be a seamstress in a sweatshop might be offended by our impressions … Laugable , really.

• Nat39 November 25, 2015 at 04:07 #

It’s a very well-made dress, no question about it, and I think I would be impressed to see it on stage, imagining Gwen Stefani rocking it , for ex., or even worn properly on the red carpet – thinking Elisabeth Banks or Emily Blunt selling it with more refined styling and presence at some premiere, but I wouldn’t call it a ‘work of art’. I completely agree with you on this.

However, sometimes it’s easy to cross the line from disagreeing and expressing your opinion to undermining other person. The “literary indulgence” remark wasn’t necessary and did come across as offensive, unfortunately, and that’s what caused such a strong reaction to your comment. You do sound like a decent person to me, Marcel, we just have to be a bit more careful how we place our thoughts, can happen to anyone.

• Lena November 25, 2015 at 10:07 #

Thank you Nat!! I respect your opinion and how you did put it you can clearly it’s with love!!! That’s my problem with the other girl I don’t want to even say her name!!! However I kinda disagree because we are talking about miss Gaga we have to remember that she doesn’t do normal 🙂 this Towned down for her, I love how she’s trying to meet us in the middle but we don’t give her props for that!!! That’s when I come and say we should always take some things under consideration and sometimes we should give people a break!!! :)))

11. Alina November 24, 2015 at 16:38 #

I love the dress, but I’m not sure about Gaga’s styling.

12. Lisa November 24, 2015 at 16:06 #

I love how she has been toning things down lately and overall, this is a total win for her. However, for anyone else, I would preferred the look without the gloves and with silver non-platform shoes.

I give her a A-

• Lena November 24, 2015 at 16:08 #

Well it’s gaga she doesn’t do normal!! 😉

13. Lena November 24, 2015 at 16:05 #

++++1 I totally agree with you!!! I don’t understand why people can’t give her a break!!! She’s literally meeting us in the middle with this new style.

14. Milla B. November 24, 2015 at 14:49 #

I really like this new direction that she is giving to her own style. It is still her but more refined. Thumbs up from me

• Lena November 24, 2015 at 16:07 #

++++1 I totally agree with you!!! I don’t understand why people can’t give her a break!!! She’s literally meeting us in the middle with this new style…

15. Jones19 November 24, 2015 at 14:43 #

I love everything about this look sans the platforms, she just can’t seem to let go of them can she?

• Lena November 24, 2015 at 16:05 #

Well it’s Gaga

16. Dee November 24, 2015 at 14:36 #

I can live with the shoes but the gloves took this too far and looks a bit costumey. Other than that I really like this look. The gown is beautiful.

17. elena November 24, 2015 at 14:08 #

The gloves just kill the look! Not working for me

18. Caroline November 24, 2015 at 13:34 #

I love this, I do but I do not understand those gloves and they take the whole look down for me. The gown is nice and Gaga works it, she looks gorgeous but the tacky gloves gotta leave.

19. Anne November 24, 2015 at 13:06 #

I really like this on her. I could do without the gloves, but the shoes don’t bother me so much because they blend with the dress (and the carpet). Pretty hair and makeup (even the sparkly eye)

20. Yeliz November 24, 2015 at 12:49 #

I’m not that excited about this look. The gloves are OTT and the shoes look tacky. I do like the rest though.

21. Lena November 24, 2015 at 12:30 #

The ps was for that marcel girl!!

22. Marcel November 24, 2015 at 12:01 #

Besides the sparkles which I normally I am not a fan anyway, I don’t see anything interesting there. A “work of art” sounds more like a literary indulgence, sorry, although I understand you must come up with some appealing descriptions.
    The gloves are an overkill and the platforms are ugly. All in all, very costumey.

• Catherine Kallon November 24, 2015 at 12:16 #

I would like to thank you for this comment.

Back in July I made a decision with regards to this site and this comment proves to me that I made the right decision.

• Lena November 24, 2015 at 12:28 #

She Looks stunning!!!!
        Catherine I totally agree with you this the best Gaga has ever looked BDTW for me!!!
        Never mind this marcel girl comment she always has a rude way to put share her opinion!!!!
        Gaga wears those platform because she’s 5″ I mean come on people can’t you give people a break!!! And I love the glove it’s edgy and we are talking about gaga this look for her is Towned down!!!! She always finds away to make things her own!!! She totally stayed me with this look.

Ps: do you like anything or you just hate everything and anything!!!! I mean for the love of God keep your rude comments to you or just sign off! We Enough negativity in this world.

• Marcel November 24, 2015 at 13:33 #

@ Lena : I DO love lots of things . And always made it very clear. I am curious that I have a ” rude way” to express myself because my comments always are followed by others agreeing with me. ( ITA, +1, me too, LOLs…)
          Whenever you want to address me, the exclamation marks are completely unnecessary. it only proves the alleged hate is in your head , not in mine.

• Marcel November 25, 2015 at 02:23 #

and my “hate ” might hurt the feelings of your old aunt who happens to work as a seamstress in a sweatshop, like you told us another day, isn’t it ?
          LAUGHABLE, really.

• Christine November 24, 2015 at 13:16 #

Catherine Kallon, what right decision you made???

Oh no. Are you doing what I THINK you’re doing? You’re not giving up your site are you????

Over some meaningless comment???? After all the hard WORK you put into this site??????

• Marcel November 24, 2015 at 13:27 #

@ Catherine : and now you will put all the commentariat against me …. Never mind.
        I don’t see that I was rude with you Catherine. It is part of the work. People have different tastes AND I made clear I understand your side, although I didn’t share your tastes in this particular Gaga’s outing. You like it, great. A ” work of art” is an over stretch description in my point of view. Where I am being disrespectul or even hateful as somebody else is already calling me out ?
        Anyway, I apologize that I offended you. It was not intentional at all. I love your blog and I am following your work for years, since the beginning.

• Lena November 24, 2015 at 16:03 #

The exclamations points are the only way i can explain my frustration toward the hate the rudeness coming from you I guess! This is not the first time you disrespect the artist the designer and now Catherine!!!! I mean for real take your hate or anger somewhere else like a gym class or something!!!! You can share your constructive criticism without hurting others feelings!!! You literally demolish the craftsmen ship of people’s work by your meaningless comments! I’ll pray for you marcel cuz you truly need major help. Bye

• Ramsay November 24, 2015 at 15:47 #

Hopefully you’re not leaving – cause that would be such a shame…

• Shievar November 24, 2015 at 16:25 #

This site is very important. Please don’t leave

• Valissa November 25, 2015 at 02:47 #

Catherine, I don’t understand why you let 1 or 2 negative comments out of dozens bother you so much? It’s a public blog and not everybody is going to have the same opinion. More people still appreciate what you do than those that don’t.
        Maybe just turn the comments section off? It works perfectly for Lainey Gossip (for example). Surely that’s a better option than shutting the whole site down? (If that’s what you intend on doing).

• Lena November 25, 2015 at 10:01 #

Valissa I agree with you!!! But you know the thing is about how we express our opinions some give a constructive criticism and some are just toooo rude!!! However I do agree with you turn off the comment section and maybe have a like and dislike (like YouTube) so we can express our opinion without hurting anybody!!! Catherine if you’re tired of running this side we understand you!! Take two months vacation or hire someone to run it for you instead but pleaaaaaaase don’t shut it down!!!!! Love you

• The original AB November 26, 2015 at 16:23 #

FC if you stop this blog because of some people’s inability to give their opinion without a condescending snide undertone it would be a shame. Please try and rise above it and carry on your great work.

23. Iva November 24, 2015 at 11:41 #

This is good in comparison with her usual style, but I don’t like it very much.
    Shoes are awful, as are the gloves. Those tattoos do not help either.

24. Christine November 24, 2015 at 11:29 #

She better werk it! Yes, Gaga! I like this ankles up.

25. alvaro_spain November 24, 2015 at 11:26 #

I don’t mind about the shoes, but I don’t like the gloves. The rest is perfect!

26. Chris November 24, 2015 at 11:20 #

Such an amazing color, hair and make-up are good as well. She looks amazing. Easily the best at the event. And a BDOTW contender for me.

27. Charlotte November 24, 2015 at 11:14 #

She looks good !
    Even if I’m not too fond of the dress, it’s perfect on her.
    The shoes could have been better, not fan of the platforms, other than that her styling is working.

28. Ramsay November 24, 2015 at 11:14 #

Agreed
    This is really good
    Sometimes Tom Ford really gets it right on the red carpet
    I like this only second to Anna Wintour’s gown (which I assume is Chanel)