Menu

24.11.15

2015 British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2015 British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Here is a roundup from the 2015 British Fashion Awards which took place on Monday (November 23) in London, England.

Olga Kurylenko: Giving Gaga a run for her money when it comes to being best dressed at this event, the beautiful actress wore a Dolce & Gabbana frock which showcased her gorgeous figure. Granted this silhouette is nothing new from the Italy design duo, but you can’t argue how effective it continues to be. The look was styled with Star Diamond earrings plus a gold Charlotte Olympia clutch.

Alexa Chung: The British star wore an Erdem Spring 2016 dress which instantly made me think of that scene from the ‘Sound of Music’ when Maria makes outfits for the Von Trapp family using the drapes.

Mollie King: Where do I start? The ill-fitting dress, the awful hair or the makeup/deodorant stains on her dress?

2015 British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 2

Arizona Muse: The model was one of the few belles of this ball, wearing a Ralph & Russo Fall 2015 Couture embellished top with palazzo trousers.

Salma Hayek: To say this custom pink Gucci gown with trompe l’oeuil sequin ruffle neckline, red sequin bow and faux ruffled sequin cuffs is an improvement on her previous look would be the understatement of the century.

Poppy Delevingne: I’m surprised that Poppy selected this Emilia Wickstead Spring 2016 dress, at it looks quite unflattering.  I can’t say I’m too enamoured by the styling either.

2015 British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 3

FKA Twigs: Usually I’m a big supporter of Twigs’ style, but this Calvin Klein Collection Spring 2016 jumpsuit just looks a cumbersome and sloppy to me.

Kate Beckinsale: Following her dramatic look the night before, Kate made a more subtle impact wearing a draped Vionnet black gown styled with a Lee Savage clutch and Casadei sandals.

Victoria Beckham: The designer opted for a well-tailored black suit with satin trims for her red carpet look, instead of the black gowns she usually opts for.

2015 British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 4

Naomi Campbell: I have to say that this is perhaps the worst red carpet look from the supermodel. I don’t get what’s going on with this Burberry look other than a long hangover from Halloween. I know they say models can wear anything and make it look good, but this proves that theory to be so very wrong.

Jourdan Dunn: The model looked marvellous in monochrome Mulger, proving that less is more.

Rosie Huntington Whiteley: So Burberry make this gorgeous gown for Rosie, but give Naomi gothic gone bad look?

2015 British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 5

Karlie Kloss: The model looked beautiful wearing a Chanel Pre-Fall 2012 dress, but once again, I feel let down by the styling.

Noomi Rapace: The actres usually nails her gothic red carpet looks, but this Givenchy offering falls a little flat.

Gwendoline Christie: Once again the British actress turned to Vivienne Westwood for her red carpet look.

Credit: Getty

Charlotte Casiraghi's Gucci Sylvia Sandals

Charlotte Casiraghi’s Gucci Sylvia Sandals

The Net-A-Porter US Sale Is Now On

The Net-A-Porter US Sale Is Now On

28 Responses to 2015 British Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. kane November 25, 2015 at 13:38 #

Will have to give this to Arizona because this crop top/skirt combo is so good when done right, but this is the first time Gwendoline has completely convinced me. Olga looks gorgeous as always, but we can expect way more from her.

2. Valissa November 25, 2015 at 02:26 #

I love Olga, Arizona, Kate and Victoria.
    I want to add Rosie to that list but despite how good she looks, I’m a little bored. Her style is starting to feel like groundhog day. I wish she would experiment more.

Everybody else is mostly a miss.

3. pinksugar November 24, 2015 at 21:59 #

Olga and Jourdan are my favorites, both look glamorous and beautiful.

I can’t believe people actually think that Twig mess has style. Nothing about her is remotely appealing.

Salma covered the girls (finally) and looks much improved.

I loved Karlie’s Chanel in certain photos, then not so much in others. Must be one of those kind of dresses.

I am usually bored by Rosie but she looks like 100% movie star here.

4. Nat39 November 24, 2015 at 19:37 #

Arizona, Olga and Jourdan.

5. Laraine November 24, 2015 at 19:19 #

Olga and Karlie FTW!

6. Bailey November 24, 2015 at 19:13 #

Rosie is my favourite, followed by Jourdan, Arizona, and then Olga

7. Patricia November 24, 2015 at 18:42 #

Arizona and Jourdan <3

8. sophie November 24, 2015 at 17:05 #

If twigs doesn’t want fame and paparazzi, she shouldn’t attend events like this. Just saying.

There are so many better things for her to wear.

9. Scarletts November 24, 2015 at 16:29 #

I’m so over whatever it is Alexa Chung keeps trying to sell me in the red carpet. I don’t understand her style at all, or her icon status. On someone with some charisma like Keira Knightley, that Erdem might have worked, but on her, no.

Love Olga and Arizona along with everyone else.

10. Christine November 24, 2015 at 15:58 #

Love Arizona and Alexa looks

11. Alina November 24, 2015 at 15:54 #

Rosie, Arizona and Olga look gorgeous.

12. Lisa November 24, 2015 at 15:51 #

I love Arizona’s. She is my best dressed from this list, but I also like RHW, Olga, and Victoria.

I hate Selma’s and I dont understand Naomi’s, Poppy’s and RKA.

What a mixed bunch.

13. Charlotte November 24, 2015 at 15:10 #

Arozina Muse is gorgeous !
    I love everything in this look, I keep that in mind for BDOTY.

14. Chris November 24, 2015 at 15:05 #

Kate looks nice, an interesting dress and she really pulls it off. I like Victoria as well.
    Karlie looks good, if the styling was better, she could have been one of my clear favorites at the event.
    I think Gwendoline looks awesomere here, she’s working it, the shoe choice is a bit… whatever, but besides that, I really like it.
    Jourdan looks really nice as well. Arizona looks pretty.
    The looks of Naomi, Noomi and FKA are really, really bad and Poppy’s and Mollie’s looks are a mess as well.

15. alvaro_spain November 24, 2015 at 14:50 #

Rosie Huntington Whiteley and Jourdan Dunn are the best here.

We also have some WDOTY contenders: FKA Twigs and Naomi Campbell.

16. Gha November 24, 2015 at 14:49 #

Why do you use the word “monochrome” for Jordan Dunn when there are 2 colours ?

• Jeremy November 25, 2015 at 06:10 #

Well, if we want to get particular, technically this is an Achromatic look as there are zero ‘colours’ involved in the dress.

17. Milla B. November 24, 2015 at 14:39 #

Olga, Arizona, Jourdan and Gwendoline are my favorites here.

18. Anne November 24, 2015 at 14:37 #

Well, this was certainly a red carpet of the extremes! The extremely bad (no really, BAD BAD BAD): Twigs, Naomi, Noomi, Mollie, Poppy and Salma; The extremely lovely: RHW, Olga, Arizona, Jordan, Kate and Victoria. Only Karlie, Alexa and Gwen sit in the middle for me. What a wacky event

19. Dee November 24, 2015 at 14:28 #

Only like Olga and Arizona’s looks.

20. Ana November 24, 2015 at 14:25 #

Rosie and Jourdan are my favorites.

Twigs needs to stop wearing so much black, she has a beatiful skintone, she would rock some colors.

21. Elaine November 24, 2015 at 14:14 #

Wow a lot of poor choices here., Mollie is usually well dressed, wtf was she thinking – this is just awful!!!

22. Marcel November 24, 2015 at 14:07 #

Salma’s look is something from an Old Western movie.
    I like Kate Beckinsale and Victoria Beckham a lot. They were the best.
    Naomi looks strange, the cape is not romantic or appealing just silly. The skirt is awfull.

23. Amanda November 24, 2015 at 14:01 #

Arizona and Jourdan look simply amazing here; not too impressed with any of the others.

24. Noemi November 24, 2015 at 13:53 #

Olga Kurylenko, Kate Beckinsale and Salma Hayek looked great. I also like Victoria Beckham’s tuxedo but I dislike the make-up.

25. Iva November 24, 2015 at 13:51 #

Olga & Jourdan are my favs.
    I’m rather disappointed by Rosie’s look – it should’ve worked in theory but somehow it doesn’t look good in reality.

26. Yeliz November 24, 2015 at 13:49 #

Rosie looks stunning, she is my favourite here. I also like Arizona, Jourdan and Olga’s looks.

27. Caroline November 24, 2015 at 13:49 #

1- RHW in Burberry
    2- Jourdan Dunn in Mugler
    3- Olga Kurylenko in Dolce & Gabbana
    4- Karlie Kloss in Chanel
    5- Arizona Muse in Ralph & Russo
    The rest are a complete disaster, especially Naomi and FKA Twigs.