Menu

Jennifer Lopez’s Ten Costume Changes At The 2015 American Music Awards

Jennifer Lopez in michael cinco spring 2016

Jennifer Lopez was the host of the 2015 American Music Awards, which took place on Sunday (November 22) in LA.

Since I’m not sure what the order of her ten custom changes were, I will start with the most fabric, followed by the catsuits/jumpsuits, then the nearly naked dresses.

Look 1: My favourite was this Michael Cino Spring 2016 ombre full skirt dress.  Mostly because it is so unexpected for JLo, but the sequins are winning me over too.  Just a shame about the gym-bun.

Jennifer Lopez in Michael costello amas

Look 2: I also adored this Michael Costello Spring 2016 yellow wide legged, cape jumpsuit featuring the designers signature gold bar belt. So much elegance is oozing from this dramatic piece.

Jennifer Lopez in zuhair murad amas

Look 3: Despite its subtle sheerness, I love this Zuhair Murad Spring 2016 gown for its bold hue and sweet embroidered kisses .

jennifer lopez in Dsquared2 amas

Look 4: JLo was in urban warrior mode when she donned this Dsquared2 custom bodysuit embroidery emphasized with unique navajo-like print details worn with a coat from the Fall 2015 runway. I liked this look until she removed the coat.

Jennifer Lopez in zuhair murad couture amas

Look 5: Taking us to another galaxy, JLo sparkled in a Zuhair Murad Fall 2015 navy kimono sleeve jumpsuit featuring star rainfall embroidery. When I think of sparkling jumpsuits I think of Lopez and Murad, so this was a perfect fit.

jennifer lopez in balmain amas

Look 6: Descending into her more naked looks, I have to say I actually this Balmain Spring 2016 nude three-piece look. Sexy without crossing into tackyville.

Jennifer Lopez in zuhair murad couture 2 amas

Look 7: I found this Zuhair Murad Fall 2015 Couture black sheer gown enchanting, mostly because of its free-flowing silhouette.

jennifer lopez in Julien Macdonald amas

Look 8: My immediate reaction to this was: dated. This surprised me as I like this Julien Macdonald Fall 2015 look on the runway.

jennifer lopez amas

Look 9: This has me wondering just how many versions of these Charbel Zoe Couture gown is JLo going to wear before she realizes how tacky they make her look.

Look 10: See point 9.

Credit: Getty

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Chrissy Teigen's Raquel Allegra Shadow-Stripe Long Trench Coat & Lanvin Sugar Suede Bag

Chrissy Teigen’s Raquel Allegra Shadow-Stripe Long Trench Coat & Lanvin Sugar Suede Bag

30 Responses to Jennifer Lopez’s Ten Costume Changes At The 2015 American Music Awards

1. Zary November 29, 2015 at 14:10 #

I have to say that make 10 changes in one show (dress, hair, makeup, shoes, jewelry, etc. that’s super for me.

2. Bailey November 24, 2015 at 02:57 #

Most of these looks are terrible, but look 2 and 3 are great

3. Valissa November 24, 2015 at 02:19 #

I only like Look 1. The rest is ridiculously bad!
    The red Murad and black Saab are horrendous with that nude bra underneath, I mean if you don’t want people to see your boobs…don’t wear a sheer dress!! It really is that simple.
    I just can’t with J-lo anymore. SMH.

4. Nat39 November 24, 2015 at 01:57 #

Look 1 and 2 are the best of the bunch.

5. aa November 24, 2015 at 00:53 #

I only like looks 1 and 2. Looks 9 and 10 are ridiculous.
    By the way FC, can you please post the people who went to The Danish Girl premiere? Alicia Vikander, Amber Heard and Camilla Belle were there. 🙂

• Catherine Kallon November 24, 2015 at 10:24 #

It is already posted and please note I don’t do requests. I only feature people I am interested in good or bad

• aa November 24, 2015 at 11:38 #

Okay, thanks FC!

6. alvaro_spain November 23, 2015 at 23:00 #

I like looks 1, 2, 3 and 5.

#2 is my fave

• alvaro_spain November 23, 2015 at 23:01 #

We need a poll! Lol

• Christy November 24, 2015 at 00:06 #

Those are my faves too.

7. NH November 23, 2015 at 22:48 #

see point #9 LOLLLLLL

8. pinksugar November 23, 2015 at 22:47 #

Charbel Zoe is good for performance wear and that’s about it. Her pieces are just too revealing and trashy otherwise.

I LOVE the Cinco dress, it is classic JLO, as is her bun (which I actually like here).

The Balmain is good, proof it can still look stylish when on the right body.

The only ZM piece I like here is the red gown, the rest are rather busy and tacky.

The Costello is stunning on her, great color.

The Julien MacDonald dress looks great but it is rather dated I have to agree.

All in all she looked pretty bangin’ all through out the night. JLO is one of the few women I can’t gripe too much about when it comes to dressing too young because her body is just incredible. I have to add, she had stunning hair/makeup throughout the night.

9. Christine November 23, 2015 at 20:04 #

Love her Michael Cinco look. That is so BDOTW worthy! I also like her look 2

10. Kimma November 23, 2015 at 19:23 #

Agree with the looks you chose as 1-3, though 3 is my own favourite. There is no excuse for #10 it doesn’t even flatter her body.

11. Guest November 23, 2015 at 18:58 #

Agreed that the fiirst dress was perfect, but she just cannot resist looking tacky and cheap attenction-seeker style. Perhaps it’s necessary with people who claim to be artists but have no talent whatsoever. Numbers 9 and 10 are beyond anything, they are just soooo disastrous.

12. Dee November 23, 2015 at 18:38 #

I like look 1 minus the hair, I like looks 3 and 5. The rest no.

13. Marcel November 23, 2015 at 18:38 #

Charbel Zoe Couture ???? Really ?? Could it get any worse,even with the name ? House of Charbel Zoe maybe is worse or House of Dereon perhaps….
    I only like the yellow jumpsuit and the sheer blue jumpsuit.

14. Yeliz November 23, 2015 at 17:47 #

That Michael Cinco dress is stunning. I agree about the hairstyle, but I still really like the look. I also like Look 2. No to all the other looks.

15. Rebecca Z November 23, 2015 at 16:43 #

I only like 1, 3 and 6. I really don’t like the color of the Michael Costello, and don’t like it on her–there’s just nothing special about that look to me. I do love the coat in No. 4, but the remainder of the look is just dreadful. I agree with Prudence–she doesn’t have to tart herself up–she has a secure place and a little taste is in order, even at this event.

16. Alina November 23, 2015 at 16:37 #

#1 – Stunning dress, but I’m not sure I like it on her. That hairstyle makes her look like a 5 year-old dressed in a tutu dress.

#2 – My favourite of the bunch.

#3 – It’s OK, but a little too sugary for her.

#4 – LOVE that coat!

#5 – I think the jumpsuit is unflattering.

#6 is worse than #7, but better than #8, 9 & 10.

17. Phoenix November 23, 2015 at 16:33 #

1 is my favorite. Love that skirt flare! great look for her (she really needs to stop wearing that topknot)
    2 is nice too. Although I find her makeup a lil garish. Actually in a bunch of these looks I find her makeup unappealing.
    3 is kinda cute….can’t help feeling deja vu over this dress though. Not sure why.
    4 and 5 are just hideous. But then I think tight jumpsuits are just ug and unflattering to most body shapes and look tacky as hell soooo….
    6 is actually okay. The sheer doesn’t seem so overt. The nuce color I find somewhat dull on her though.
    7 is awful. The granny pants look is so ug to me. Also the chest area is esp unflattering here.
    8, 9, 10 all so tacky!!! And dated. I feel like these are looks from years ago.

18. Lisa November 23, 2015 at 16:27 #

I think you ordered them perfectly and I really like the first couple of looks and then was completely horrified by looks 9 and 10. I really love looks 1 through 3

19. The original AB November 23, 2015 at 16:23 #

Looks 1 & 2 are my favourites.

20. Anne November 23, 2015 at 16:12 #

I appreciate Looks 1, 2 and 6 (which I too am surprised i like). As far as the rest, I think I will need therapy to remove them from my shuddered fashion psyche.

21. Prudence November 23, 2015 at 16:01 #

My goodness JLO, how did they allow her to wear look 9 & 10??? There is not a single thing I like about either look. She is far too iconic to be so desperate of attention.

22. Amanda November 23, 2015 at 15:58 #

Looks # 2 and # 3 are my favourites. Really like the Michael Costello.

23. Chris November 23, 2015 at 15:53 #

She shows that she can dress nicely if she wants to… and then we again have the usual tacky tragedies..

Look 1 – 3: These are all really nice! I especially love the Michael Costello.
    Look 3: Not my cup of tea.
    Look 5 + 7: I could have done with less sheerness, but they’re okay.
    Look 6: Surprisingly, I agree that this doesn’t feel tacky. I’m intrigued.
    Look 8: Dated and tacky.
    Look 9 + 10: Been there, done that, and also beyond tacky and awful.

24. Charlotte November 23, 2015 at 15:48 #

Look 1 : she loos great but I don’t find this unexpected from her, we saw her in this kind of dress several times. Still, she looks great but maybe not right for the event.
    Look 2 : my favorite ! I love the jumpsuit, she looks gorgeous here, and it’s perfect for the event.
    Look 9 and 10 : tacky and ridiculous.

25. Caroline November 23, 2015 at 15:45 #

I scrolled through this post wondering which look I dislike the most.

26. Jones19 November 23, 2015 at 15:43 #

This is hit/miss and J.Lo in a nutshell, she can do jawdropping goddess glamour and then tackyville hits and the magic is gone. My favorite is the Michael Costello.