Menu

23.11.15

2015 American Music Awards Red Carpet Roundup

AMAs

A constellation of other stars were also at the 2015 American Music Awards, held at Microsoft Theater on Sunday (November 22) in Los Angeles, California.

Carrie Underwood: The winner of Favorite Country Female Artist, Carrie brought the familiar sparkle out to play in a glittery Yas Couture confection styled with complementary Greymer sandals. The short mini dress had the sexy sass appeal while the long cape addition brought the drama of a full gown.

Gigi Hadid: Sweeping across the red carpet in a Bao Tranchi ‘Ethereal Choker’ dress, the model flaunted her assets in this two-piece, slit-to-there design. Tamara Mellon ‘Frontline’ sandals and a Giuseppe Zanotti clutch completed the not-so-innocent look.

2015 AMAs

Kendall Jenner: The model’s Oriett Domenech Spring 2016 frock was no ordinary LBD. The shoulder fringe detailing and backless silhouette elevated the sultry yet still youthfully sophisticated look that I found myself loving for its chic simplicity finished by an on-trend topknot and cage sandals.

Ellie Goulding
: The singer’s Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2015 Couture ripped and shredded mini was dressed up with gold metal embellishment, but it just translated as rather dated.

Kylie Jenner: Donning a custom Bryan Hearns black leather-look dress, Kylie embraced edgy sexiness with chainmail cutouts. That said, I found her ensemble to be significantly less tasteful than her sister Kendall’s, and the fit was rather odd despite it being a custom design. Tamara Mellon ‘Frontline’ sandals did add more minimalist elegance.

2015 AMAs 2

Hailee Steinfeld: The starlet’s Zuhair Murad Spring 2016 shiny embellished playsuit was a fraction too short for comfort. The Brian Atwood platform sandals are nothing new and certainly better swapped for another less clunky shoe, but I do like that she brought out the blue in the outfit with her Jimmy Choo ‘Camille’ patent clutch.

Anna Kendrick
: One of the quieter ensembles of the evening, her Christopher Kane Fall 2015 dress did channel a wilder side with a degrade giraffe print.

Chloe Moretz: Mixing youthful charm with alluring lace, the actress wore a Saint Laurent black slip dress and finished the look with simple black Saint Laurent sandals.

2015 AMAs 3

Demi Lovato: Channeling a vampy vibe, the songstress wore a Lorena Sarbu Fall 2015 metallic mesh gown, accessorized with Giuseppe Zanotti pumps and a matching clutch, before taking to the stage to perform. Her striking black pin-curled bob and oxblood lip were a dramatically cool finish to the elegant-edgy look.

Nicki Minaj: The rapper’s hands-on-hip pose is exactly how I feel about her Michael Costello gown. Plunge, cutouts, body-con, golden embellishment, thigh-high slit—a bit too much for one Nicki dress.

2015 AMAs 4

Ariana Grande: The winner of best pop/rock artist embraced the girly, style-forward edge of a Giambattista Valli Fall 2015 Couture frock. However, with the pink ruffle piece and the sheer lace skirt underneath, it translated more like a wardrobe malfunction with the skirt’s lining showing below.

Julianne Hough: Decorative was the name of Julianne’s game, as she opted for a Naeem Khan Spring 2016 fully beaded gown that possessed a rather Egyptian deco flair. She lost me though from the waist down with the uncomfortably high front slits and the rather unfortunate silver super-platform shoes. Why oh why. A Rauwolf clutch finished the look.

Hannah Davis: Not content to be left out of the sheer madness, the model showed off her form in a Naeem Khan silver mesh backless gown. It was cheeky to say the least.

2015 AMAs 5

Ashley Benson: One of the only stars who embraced an androgynous look for the evening, the actress suited up in a teal Max Azria Atelier suit. It was refreshingly classic and a beautiful colour for the actress and her darker locks.

Meghan Trainor
: There is no denying the refinement of the singer’s Michael Costello black, figure-skimming gown. But it was rather serious, and she perhaps could have had a bit more fun with her look for the AMAs.

Serayah McNeill: Fun wasn’t a problem when it came to the ‘Empire’ actress’s whimsical yet rock-star Vera Wang Spring 2016 feathered two-piece ensemble worn with a Swarovski clutch—although a little less leg would have been well advised.

Credit: Getty

Chrissy Teigen's Raquel Allegra Shadow-Stripe Long Trench Coat & Lanvin Sugar Suede Bag

Chrissy Teigen’s Raquel Allegra Shadow-Stripe Long Trench Coat & Lanvin Sugar Suede Bag

Tia Mowry-Hardrict's Peter Pilotto Counter Long-Sleeve Mini Dress & Steve Madden Sassey Fringe Sandals

Tia Mowry-Hardrict’s Peter Pilotto Counter Long-Sleeve Mini Dress & Steve Madden Sassey Fringe Sandals

24 Responses to 2015 American Music Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. sophie November 24, 2015 at 17:15 #

Giambattista Valli just lowered his dignity and integrity by allowing that brat Ariana Grande to wear his clothes. What a shame. I mean Ariana Grande??? And look at her: the awful hair, the puckered lips, she is one of the worst.

Gigi is tacky as are the Kartrashians, but as expected.

Nicki Minaji has no style. At least Beyonce tries to. If Nicki wants to be on Beyonce’s level she should demand bigger name designers other than Balmain and B & C List designer Michael Costello. who dressed Meghan Trainor. I don’t think Nicki considers herself to be on Meghan’s level, so she should up her fashion game. Same with Demi Lovato, if she ever wants to be true A-List.

Disappointed with Chloe Moretz.

2. Alina November 24, 2015 at 16:53 #

Ashley Benson. She’s been doing great lately.

3. james November 24, 2015 at 12:51 #

Kendall is the only who looks good, hair included. The rest is either trashy or boring or tacky, you name it.

4. Chris November 24, 2015 at 09:59 #

Well, I don’t really like anyone here.
    Ariana looks okay, but the dress does look a bit weird.
    The top half of Julianne’s look is amazing, but when you scroll down.. and… the slits indeed are too high and the shoes are awful. Besides, she’s totally rocking the hell out of it and it could have been amazing… but… yeah.
    Ashley looks nice in her suit, but I’m missing something. Maybe just a more interesting shoe choice.
    Anna looks okay, but I don’t care for that dress at all on the occasion.
    Meghan looks good, but it is boring and serious for the event.
    Kendall looks okay compared to the rest but I don’t like the hair.
    Chloe looks nice.
    Hailee… it is very short and I’m a bit bothered by the low neckline here. Idk. And I don’t like the styling either. But compared to some of the others at the event, it could have been worse. lol
    All the other looks are awful with Kylie, Bella, Nicki and Ellie being the worst imo.

• Chris November 24, 2015 at 10:01 #

*Gigi, not Bella, of course.
      I probably had her sister’s name in mind for a second.

5. Cristina November 24, 2015 at 09:31 #

It must be a really bad red carpet if out of the bunch I like Ariana’s look the most, especially the sandals. At least it’s youthful. Haha

6. SHAK November 24, 2015 at 07:03 #

KENDALL’S LEGS ARE TO DIE FOR!! <3

7. Nora C November 24, 2015 at 06:44 #

The Carrie Underwood dress is by Elie Madi, not Yas Couture

8. Meme November 24, 2015 at 04:24 #

I am overwhelmed by the tackiness of all these dresses and how women who demand not to be objectified dress as if they are begging to be.

9. Bailey November 24, 2015 at 02:52 #

Carrie looked amazing, but that dress is not my favourite. The colour of Ashley’s suit is gorgeous and I like the hair colour on her. Meghan looked really pretty but I do agree its a little too serious for this event

10. Vanie November 24, 2015 at 02:11 #

Kendall’s face in that hairstyle looks like her mom which is a bad thing.
    I really loved Julianne’s dress from waist up shame about the slits.

11. Nat39 November 24, 2015 at 01:52 #

Ashley Benson of the overall underwhelming bunch.

12. Christine November 24, 2015 at 01:51 #

I actually like Gigi’s look. She makes it work. I also like Anna’s look.

13. Valissa November 24, 2015 at 00:11 #

So much tackiness at music events! When are they all going to realise that looking “fun” and sexy doesn’t necessarily mean cut-outs, sheer dresses, underwear on display and splits to the waist! This is why I never look forward to music award shows.

With that being said, I only really like Kendall and Ashley here. Kendall because she found a good mix of edgy and sexy without looking tacky. And Ashley because she didn’t look desperate to outshine everybody else!

14. Patricia November 24, 2015 at 00:04 #

I really like Gigi and Hannah Davis. Ashley’s suit doesn’t fit well. The rest are just awful.

15. Yeliz November 23, 2015 at 23:44 #

I like Gigi and Ashley’s looks.

16. kane November 23, 2015 at 23:09 #

It’s funny how so many award events both in the US and in the UK appear to be bad taste parties… but in slightly different ways. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but you can usualky tell when it’s pictures from one side or the other of the pond. I just wonder… whyyy?!

17. alvaro_spain November 23, 2015 at 23:05 #

I only like Hannah Davis.

18. pinksugar November 23, 2015 at 22:27 #

GiGi, Kylie, & Kendall all look desperate as usual. These girls think the more skin, the sexier they are. Wrong. I actually could have liked Kendall’s had she not thrown on those unnecessary drop earrings.

Nicki’s dress could have been pretty, I love the pink and gold, but of course she too too it to hoochietown.

Meghan’s dress, though plain, is very pretty. I like the elegance in the sea of skin.

Anna, I don’t know what has happened to her style but it is long gone. Always such a snooze these days.

Carrie looks like she belongs on top of a Mariah Carey perfume bottle. I love sparkle and I a good cape effect but this is just too much all at once.

Hailee added about ten extra pounds to her frame here. It looks like a nautical onesie that is too small for her.

Chloe’s style I never get the fuss over, as far as I can tell she has none.

• Bec November 23, 2015 at 22:47 #

In what world is Kendall showing too much skin? She looks great, although the bangs make her look SO much like Kris lol

19. LOLA November 23, 2015 at 22:18 #

Tacky land. Maybe the trashiest redcarpet of the year.
    Cheap designs, cheap fabrics, too much make-up!
    When it’s not trashy, it’s boring.
    BAD BAD BAD!

• Rebecca Z November 23, 2015 at 22:20 #

Well said! I guess it can get worse, but it is hard to see how.

20. Dee November 23, 2015 at 22:16 #

Not really liking too much here. The only ones I kinda like are Kendall and Demi.

21. Caroline November 23, 2015 at 22:14 #

Carrie: I know this look is probably dated/already been worn by JLo, most likely/I’m also tired of embelishments but for some reason, I think she slayed this.
    Gigi: She is so beautiful which is hard for me to understand why she dresses SO tacky. This is as bad as her VS Fashion show look.
    Kendall: Sexy and sophisticated but I hate the bangs, make her look much older.
    Ellie: She’s probably one of my worst dressed celebrities. Absolutely horrible.
    Kylie: I have no words for that monstrosity.
    Hailee: More misses than hits for me. This doesn’t excite me in the slightest.
    Anna: Boring and unflattering.
    Chloe: Nice but unexciting.
    Demi: I only like the lipstick, dress and hairstyle are aging on her.
    Nicki: What the hell is that??????????????
    Ariana: Interesting but she ruins every single look with her too cutesy vibes and pose. Would’ve loved it on Reese Witherspoon, for instance.
    Julianne: The high double slit is questionable but she’s rocking that piece.
    Hannah: The sheernes and turtle neck ruin what could’ve been good.
    Ashley: One of the best dressed of the event, yes, it’s sober but I love the color and the fitting.
    Meghan: Surprisingly amazing. She looks beautiful and elegant. One of my favorites.
    Serayah: Rolling my eyes.

Selena was my best dressed of the event and BDOTW contender.