Menu

17.11.15

VH1 Big In 2015

VH1 Big In 2015

Elizabeth Banks, Amy Schumer, and Taraji P. Henson attended the VH1 Big in 2015 with Entertainment Weekly Awards at the Pacific Design Center on Sunday (November 15) in West Hollywood, California.

Elizabeth Banks: The ‘Hunger Games’ actress was naturally on point in a Giulietta Spring 2016 black frock that balanced the playful appeal of big, glossy cabochons with still-sophisticated cutouts and chic elegance. Black Giuseppe Zanotti sandals and a complementary Lee Savage clutch fit right in.

Amy Schumer: While I have nothing against her sleek red A.L.C. dress, I do think it could have been made far more interesting with a sleek updo and a more inspired Sophia Webster shoe choice. The red pumps simply had me yawning.

Taraji P. Henson: Continuing in the manner of her sexy style moves, the ‘Empire’ star wore an Alexander Wang Spring 2016 black dress with lace-up detailing for added allure. Her studded shoes completed the look with an edgy yet appropriate finish.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Tessa Thompson In Michael Kors -  'Creed' Mural Unveiling

Tessa Thompson In Michael Kors – ‘Creed’ Mural Unveiling

Sarah Hyland In Houghton & Zimmermann - The Grove Christmas With Seth MacFarlane & 'The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar' LA Premiere

Sarah Hyland In Houghton & Zimmermann – The Grove Christmas With Seth MacFarlane & ‘The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar’ LA Premiere

13 Responses to VH1 Big In 2015

1. Alina November 18, 2015 at 16:11 #

Elizabeth is my favourite here. Amy looks nice too, but she has done this before. Taraji’s look feels dated.

FC, do you have any idea what was Aubrey Plaza wearing at this event? I kind of liked her dress. Thank you.

2. Jones19 November 18, 2015 at 14:12 #

They all loo nice but predictable. Amy needs to work on posing with her face, she always has this same unflattering expression on her face.

3. Dee November 18, 2015 at 03:41 #

I love E banks look.

4. Gemma Rockets November 18, 2015 at 02:20 #

Elizabeth’s dress is beautiful- I adore the embellishments which lift it far out of little black dress territory. Amy may be sticking to similar silhouettes but she looks great- she seems to know what works for her. And that bold tomato red is smashing.

5. Christine November 18, 2015 at 00:24 #

Elizabeth looks nice.

6. AnderBoBo November 17, 2015 at 23:50 #

Elizabeth looks the best, Amy looks ok but has looked better. I really don’t understand Taraji’s style and I find her affinity for AW to be completely baffling as the looks more than often fall very, very flat.

7. Yeliz November 17, 2015 at 22:53 #

I like Elizabeth and Amy’s looks.

8. Caroline November 17, 2015 at 22:23 #

Snooze fest.

• kane November 18, 2015 at 08:57 #

I agree. I like Elizabeth’s dress, but can’t get past all the black. Amy looks nice, but a spark is missing.

9. pinksugar November 17, 2015 at 22:08 #

Elizabeth looks amazing as usual. If you insist on doing cutouts, this is the way to go.

Amy looks nice but her style is starting to be very deja vu.

Taraji always looks like she’s trying too hard to look young and sexy which always falls flat for me.

• jhh36 November 17, 2015 at 23:38 #

I could not agree with you more about each outfit, especially Taraji’s

10. Chris November 17, 2015 at 22:04 #

Elizabeth looks good! Since she usually always wears very colorful thinks, I actually fell like it is a welcome change to see her in black. And if you’re gonna wear a black dress, that’s the way to do it. I like the dress on her.

I feel like we’re getting to a point where Amy’s style is stuck on repeat a bit? I think this is like the third time in not more than a month she wears almost that exact color and if it’s not that, it’s black.

I’m very irritated by Taraji’s shoes and somehow they always immediately draw my attention to them… I don’t like them. The dress is okay, I guess? Hmm…