Menu

16.11.15

Here is a roundup of the presenters and guests who attended the 7th annual Governors Awards on Saturday (November 14) in Los Angeles, California.

Cate Blanchett: Looking so very statuesque, the Australian actress wore an Armani Privé black asymmetrical modernistic with black velvet trousers. Her classic, yet modern look was styled with Casadei cut-out sandals.

Saoirse Ronan: The ‘Brooklyn’ actress brought some much needed colour to the event dressed in an Emilia Wickstead Fall 2015 pleated and printed frock styled with Alexander McQueen heels. I love the additional pop of pink to the lips.

Zooey Deschanel: While this Kate Spade New York colour-block fit and flare dress is perfectly in tune with Zooey’s style, I don’t feel it was quite right for this occasion. The look was styled with Wolford tights.

Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ 7th Annual Governors Awards Red Carpet Roundup 2

Jane Fonda: I haven’t said these words since her Schiaparelli Couture disaster at Cannes, but there is nothing I like about this look on Jane Fonda. Perhaps Saint Laurent isn’t such a good brand fit for her.

Brie Larson: This brightly hued Calvin Klein Collection Resort 2016 gown is one of the rare looks from the actress that actually made me take notice.

Laura Linney: The actress looked ever so elegant wearing an Narciso Rodriguez black gown which looks like it came from Kate Winslet’s closet.

Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ 7th Annual Governors Awards Red Carpet Roundup 3

Teyonah Parris: The star of Spike Lee’s new film ‘Chiraq’, lit up the red carpet wearing a Pedram Couture part velvet gown styled with Phillip Gavriel earrings, a Kate Spade New York clutch and Stuart Weitzman shoes. She is the one person without question who’s red carpet style always puts a smile on my face.

Helen Mirren: There will be no prizes for guessing that Helen wore Dolce & Gabbana. And what a breath-taking piece it is.

Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ 7th Annual Governors Awards Red Carpet Roundup 4

Amy Schumer: The funny girl wore a simple yet seductive Calvin Klein Collection black gown.

Marisa Tomei: With better styling I may have forced myself to like this look.

Credit: Getty

Katy Perry In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture - 8th Annual GO Campaign Gala

Katy Perry In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – 8th Annual GO Campaign Gala

Must-Have Monday

Must-Have Monday

19 Responses to Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ 7th Annual Governors Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Valissa November 17, 2015 at 01:28 #

Top 3 are all so bad! What was Cate thinking? And Saoirse is so lovely and charming…she really needs a new stylist to capture that on the RC because she rarely gets it right.
    Brie and Helen are the best of the bunch!

2. Nat39 November 17, 2015 at 01:09 #

Teyonah and Brie.

3. Bailey November 16, 2015 at 21:31 #

I really like Brie’s dress but I think she needs a different hairstyle. Leaving her hair down would’ve looked nicer but then it would’ve hidden the neckline which is one of the best parts of the dress. If she she’d done a looser updo or parted it differently this would’ve looked less severe.

4. Carla November 16, 2015 at 21:30 #

Love Teyonah, Helen, and Saoirse. I did hope that post-second marriage and child Zooey Deschanel would start to dress like an adult woman but clearly she feels comfortable in this dated, unflattering style.

5. Fanny November 16, 2015 at 21:16 #

How ridiculously long is the name of this event?!
    Brie Larson looks amazing.

6. alvaro_spain November 16, 2015 at 20:05 #

Brie Larson.

7. Genevieve November 16, 2015 at 19:52 #

only Cate

8. Caroline November 16, 2015 at 19:36 #

Brie Larson, Helen Mirren and Amy Schumer are the only somewhat decent ones. The rest are a distaster. What a horribly dressed event.

• jhh36 November 17, 2015 at 03:04 #

9. Phoenix November 16, 2015 at 18:57 #

Brie is so striking. The color just pops. love it and the simple styling.

10. Ramsay November 16, 2015 at 18:49 #

Cate is definitely the best of the bunch (and of the event) – this is incredibly chic
    BDOTW worthy

11. Alina November 16, 2015 at 18:12 #

Brie is my favourite here.

I would have liked Saoirse’s look, had her dress been sleeveless.

12. Christine November 16, 2015 at 17:53 #

Brie and Helen look great!

13. kane November 16, 2015 at 17:45 #

Cate’s look is the only one I like, and even there only the top half works.

14. Chris November 16, 2015 at 16:03 #

I actually love Cate’s look ankles up, but my favorite of the bunch is Brie.
    I love Saoirse’s hair and make-up and the colors of the dress, but the dress itself looks bad on her.
    Helen looks good.
    I also don’t really like anything about Jane’s look here.
    Zooey dress doesn’t feel quite right for the occasion indeed and I’m not impressed by the styling either.
    Teyonah looks okay.
    Not convinced by Marisa’s styling. And Amy looks good but boring.

15. Yeliz November 16, 2015 at 15:58 #

Brie is my favourite of the bunch, she looks gorgeous.

16. Dee November 16, 2015 at 15:54 #

My favorite look is Teyonah look. Love it from h2t.

17. pinksugar November 16, 2015 at 15:39 #

Cate: I hate the pants and the shoes. I usually love what she wears but every now and then she will drop a bomb and this was one of those towns.

Saoirse: I liked this when it was presented but it doesn’t work on her. Looks like she’s wearing a giant quilt….or a fancy Easter egg.

Zooey: I love this dress and think it;s perfectly fine for the occasion but as usual it was ruined by those goofy tights and ugly shoes.

Jane: I adore Jane and her style is usually on point but brands like Balmain and Saint Laurent are better suited for women outside of the 40 + range. I don’t think I ever need to see her expose her bra on the red carpet again.

Brie: By far the best of the evening. Simple yet totally eye-catching.

Teyonah: Love the dress, hate the hair.

Helen: Great dress (though very expected). As usual I am baffled by the too large gaudy bag.

Amy: She was on a roll there for a while but of late she just keeps wearing very dull dresses in red or black. I’m ready for her to have a little fun.

18. Charlotte November 16, 2015 at 15:35 #

Brie Larson is the best one.
    I like Cate Blanchett’s look from the waist up, the pants are not great.