Menu

Jennifer Lawrence In Mugler & Ralph Lauren Collection - 'The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 2' Madrid Photocall & Premiere

When I saw Jennifer Lawrence looks at the Madrid photocall and premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ on Tuesday (November 10) in Spain, I thanked the fashion gods that my prayers had finally been answered.

Photocall: Well, somewhat for the photocall look. This Mugler Spring 2016 mini really needed the runway belt, but I do love the colour and the styling of the look.

Premiere: Now this is where the magic happens. The actress wore a Ralph Lauren Collection one-of-a-kind black lace and silk georgette tiered gown which is stuff my fashion dreams are made of. Elegant, refined, but still possessing plenty of her infectious charm, this ladies and gentleman is what I have been waiting for since the world premiere – a jaw-dropping moment.

KIM_0539

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Gigi Hadid's adidas x Rita Ora Mystic Moon Track Jacket

Gigi Hadid’s adidas x Rita Ora Mystic Moon Track Jacket

Lea Seydoux In Miu Miu - 'Spectre' Beijing Photocall

Lea Seydoux In Miu Miu – ‘Spectre’ Beijing Photocall

35 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Mugler & Ralph Lauren Collection – ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ Madrid Photocall & Premiere

1. Louise November 13, 2015 at 10:15 #

Yeah I’m not really feeling that Ralph Lauren dress. Too nineties and not in a good way.

2. kane November 12, 2015 at 23:17 #

I actually really dislike both.

3. Bailey November 12, 2015 at 05:05 #

Her first look is a nice colour but it desperately needs that belt. From the waist up, I like her second look, but I’m not a fan of the ruffles the rest of the way down

4. Nat39 November 12, 2015 at 03:32 #

I don’t know, my jaw remains firmly in place. Nothing really impressive.

5. Millie November 12, 2015 at 01:56 #

The Mugler look is okay, one of the better ones throughout the promo tour so far, but still not my favourite .. She definitely needs colour. The RL dress is okay but not great, I feel that she can’t really pull off that goth, sexy, yet ethereal look.. i mean her hair, makeup and jewellery are nice, but the dress is a bit underwhelming for me.

I’m not sure why JLaw hasn’t been hitting the marks on the red carpet like Lea Seydeux has.. JLaw looked descent with Dior before, that gown she wore at the Oscar and a few looks from Dior Fashion Shows.. those are fine, but she’s been really missing the marks this time.. hope she can catch up soon.

6. pinksugar November 11, 2015 at 18:47 #

These are much better, probably because they aren’t Dior. I don’t mind the absence of the belt on the first look but her hair is a mess. The RL is pretty but.. I mean, it’s just another black gown. On anyone else it would be deemed boring, so I feel no differently because it’s on her. An improvement nevertheless.

7. Kate November 11, 2015 at 18:22 #

I like both dresses, but I thought the hair/make-up let the 2nd look down. She looks really washed out in the main pic.

8. Courtney Klein November 11, 2015 at 18:13 #

Jennifer Lawrence + Ralph Lauren = awesome!
    Jennifer Lawrence + Dior = not so awesome!

9. Milla B. November 11, 2015 at 17:49 #

This Ralph Lauren dress reinforce what people usually say, that she should stick more with the American brands. I don’t think I ever saw her looking bad while wearing a Calvin Klein. She looks good here, nothing jaw-dropping to me but is very nice see her in a good look.

10. Guest November 11, 2015 at 17:33 #

Fantastic hair and make-up in the second pic, she doesn’t even look like herself, but much better. Whoever did that, deserves a pay rise. The rest of it as usual is a disaster.

11. Alina November 11, 2015 at 16:39 #

The first look could have been her best during this promo tour if she had worn the damn belt.

The second one is definitely the best out of a very poor promo tour. She finally got the fit right.

Where the f*** is Elizabeth Banks? 🙁

12. marie November 11, 2015 at 15:40 #

It’s like a curse – every time she wears Dior, she looks bad, just wrong. Every time she doesn’t wear Dior she looks somewhere between okay and gorgeous.
    Mugler one nice, RL is great! Those earrings are so beautiful!!!

13. Mary S. November 11, 2015 at 14:39 #

Loving the Ralph Lauren gown, but I really dislike her make up. Nude lipsticks are my worst.

14. delphine November 11, 2015 at 14:32 #

Thank God she saved her promo tour with this two beautiful looks. At first sight, I thought the premiere dress was from Dolce Gabbana, but she is rocking it. I also miss the belt on the Mugler dress. However I will soon forget these two looks.

15. CreoleLady November 11, 2015 at 14:31 #

Red is such a good color for her, black not so much. Prefer the photocall’s golden hair color. Eh, s’okay, could certainly be (and has been) worse.

16. Cristina November 11, 2015 at 14:08 #

I’ve seen some other pictures of her in that Mugler dress and she looks very nice. I really like that look!

17. Marcel November 11, 2015 at 13:55 #

The R Lauren is very McQueen ish ( earlies 2000). She looks good nevertheless. Her best look in this promo.

18. Caroline November 11, 2015 at 13:49 #

Absolutely IN LOVE with the 2nd look. Honestly think BDOTW contender for me. She looks flawless, hair make up, everything. Bravo!

19. Christine November 11, 2015 at 13:37 #

I like her first look! Don’t miss the belt.

Her second look is not bad. Just OK. But way better than her Dior looks.

20. Noemi November 11, 2015 at 13:32 #

I find the photocall nice but she looked great on the red carpet, even if I find that clutch too big. Did she bleach her hair between the two events?

21. Dee November 11, 2015 at 13:21 #

I like both looks nothing jaw dropping but she looks good.

• Amy November 11, 2015 at 13:37 #

+1.

22. Chris November 11, 2015 at 13:15 #

The first one is nice, the second one BDOTW worthy.

23. sophie November 11, 2015 at 13:14 #

The Ralph Lauren is boring and meh. It looks like a Stella McCartney knockoff.

I like the Mugler look. She needs more colour.

24. AnderBoBo November 11, 2015 at 13:10 #

Two great looks, I wish she had a stronger lip for her RL gown, but otherwise near flawless. The fact that her non-Dior looks are always miles ahead are just further proof she is not a Dior girl, how I wish she would have signed onto Calvin Klein instead!

25. Meme November 11, 2015 at 12:46 #

Fabulous! JLaw should never wear Dior again…

26. Olivia November 11, 2015 at 12:38 #

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. I’m shocked because not only does she not look bad, she actually looks really good! Just another example of why Jennifer shouldn’t be a Dior girl. I wasn’t even paying any attention to the photocall look but it definitely needed the belt. But I don’t even care because I’m still in shock and awe of the gorgeous Ralph Lauren.

27. mokka November 11, 2015 at 12:36 #

This is heaven. Imagine what will happen if Alber Elbaz is really going to Dior.

• delphine November 11, 2015 at 17:14 #

OMG is that true ? I’d love it!

• mokka November 11, 2015 at 19:13 #

I don’t know, but that’s the rumour and it will be logical in my opinion. I’d love that too!

28. Giada November 11, 2015 at 12:34 #

Look 1: Okay look. Look 2: Finally! A great promotour-worthy look. I also love the makeup and the hair. Especially the hair is making me slightly envious 😉 .

29. liz November 11, 2015 at 12:32 #

The second look proves Simons’s Dior, not Jennifer, is the issue here.

30. Laura November 11, 2015 at 12:30 #

Finally, something I like on her (the Ralph Lauren dress). Make-up and hair looks really good too.

• The original AB November 11, 2015 at 16:47 #

31. Yeliz November 11, 2015 at 12:20 #

I’m missing the belt in the Mugler look. The Ralph Lauren look, however, is gorgeous. Nothing groundbreaking, but definitely her best during this promo tour.