Menu

06.11.15 Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace - 'By the Sea' AFI FEST 2015 Opening Night Premiere 2

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were back on the red carpet for the opening night gala premiere of ‘By the Sea’ during AFI FEST 2015 on Thursday (November 5) in Hollywood, California.

Following the WSJ. Magazine 2015 Innovator Awards, my immediate reaction to her custom Atelier Versace strapless champagne gown was that this is infinitely better.

Not only because it wasn’t black and it was beaded with Swarovski crystals of slightly different colours that created a dégradé effect along the dress, but mostly because of the craftsmanship which gives her an amazing silhouette.

Do you class this as a vast improvement over the previous look?

Credit: Getty

Diane Kruger In Monique Lhuillier - Screen Actors Guild Foundation 30th Anniversary Celebration

Diane Kruger In Monique Lhuillier – Screen Actors Guild Foundation 30th Anniversary Celebration

Gwen Stefani's Comme Des Garçons Noir Kei Ninomiya Textured Sleeves Biker Jacket

Gwen Stefani’s Comme Des Garçons Noir Kei Ninomiya Textured Sleeves Biker Jacket

34 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘By the Sea’ AFI FEST 2015 Opening Night Premiere

1. elle November 10, 2015 at 15:30 #

It is great to see her in something other than black and a bit more fancy. I still long for her to wear a rich colourful gown.
    As many mentioned the construction of the dress is strange in the bust area. It seems like it’s too thick and adds an unnecessary layer that makes her silhouette less proportionate.
    Angelina does favor strapless which to me seems like not the most flattering cut, she looks so much better with a V shaped cut.

2. Andrea November 8, 2015 at 09:55 #

It´s a beautiful dress on a very succesful actress and director.

Please to all of you that comment on her figure instead of her styling on this fashion blog: Why critizize (female) celebrities when you think they don´t have the “perfect” body? Maybe you think she isn´t a good role model for young women so you have to mension her weight etc? But is it really better to contribute to the general harsh “nitpicking” of womens bodies that is going on all over in the media?

Less focus on the lack of perfection in womens bodies could maybe be a better strategy for reducing unhealthy ideals and body obsessions that many girls have?

3. Becky November 7, 2015 at 22:16 #

She looks ill, she is so unbelievable thin. I feel very sorry for her. I wish she would wear somthing that didn’t make her look so sick. I know she has had it rough, but I can’t focus on the dress when she does this with her bosom and has those insanely thin arms.

4. GUest November 7, 2015 at 06:32 #

That previous black dress was a bit tacky, so this is a nice improvement. She went overboard with breast reconstruction, as it’s way disproportionate to the rest of her figure.

5. Bailey November 6, 2015 at 22:11 #

Same silhouette as always, but the light colour and addition of sparkle makes you forget about that. She looks beautiful in this dress

6. Rebecca Z November 6, 2015 at 15:10 #

I actually liked the black Tom Ford gown. this is a beautiful dress, but i agree that the bust is overemphasized.

7. Maria November 6, 2015 at 14:42 #

Her implants are too big for her body. They make her look like a cartoon.

8. CTgirl November 6, 2015 at 14:34 #

The bust area is too stiff (she looks like a Valkyrie) and as an apple shape (no definition between the waist and hips) this dress only emphasizes her lack of proportion between her bust, waist and hips. And yet again, her look is very boring and pedestrian.

9. bisbee November 6, 2015 at 14:21 #

I can’t believe they made her breasts that big. Makes her look like a bad cartoon…

10. Caroline November 6, 2015 at 13:50 #

FLAWLESS. The Queen. There’s no one as glamorous! She looks like an Old Hollywood queen.

11. Meme November 6, 2015 at 13:05 #

Jeesh, she looks deformed with those torpedo breasts and her hips are padded also. At least her Versace is not the usual Donatella trash.

12. Jenny November 6, 2015 at 12:55 #

I just have to say the color really washes her out, the hair and make up is also lackluster, definitely not her best.

13. Peter November 6, 2015 at 12:54 #

Just beautiful!

14. kane November 6, 2015 at 12:46 #

Nice to see her smile, but this is a no. As many others, I cannot help not focusing on her chest area. Given her mastectomy, it may just be her intention to emphasise them, but I find it inappropriate.

15. Bambi November 6, 2015 at 12:17 #

Love the dress, the hair needs to change pronto

16. Marcel November 6, 2015 at 12:16 #

I like the dress and she looks very lovely but I think it makes the bust area look a bit out of proportion with her lovely tiny frame. In some other pictures you can see the bodice like “floating”, making no contact on her torso.

• Gemma November 6, 2015 at 12:29 #

‘Lovely tiny frame’?! She looks unwell!

• Marcel November 6, 2015 at 12:58 #

I like it… it is only a question of different tastes. But then, I like V.Beckhan’s body as well…They don’t seem to look ill , IMO.

• Caroline November 6, 2015 at 13:52 #

I agree. She looks ill. Too thin, too pale. Seems like she lacks any energy.

17. Gha November 6, 2015 at 12:15 #

The dress is fine even if it is completely forgettable. But the way the bust looks is really throwing me off. It’s way too big for her tiny frame, it makes her a Jessica Rabbitt bust. I’ve already noticed it with her Versace black leather dress (for the Maleficent premiere). Look at her Tom Ford black dress from yesterday, the bust is completely different and she doesn’t have such a big huge breast with it.
    She’s a gorgeous woman but a little effort in the hair and make up department would be greatly appreciated. She looks a bit “ghostly” here…

• Amy November 6, 2015 at 12:46 #

• Rachel November 6, 2015 at 13:13 #

• justme November 6, 2015 at 14:33 #

• naama November 6, 2015 at 16:29 #

• jhh36 November 6, 2015 at 17:08 #

18. Alina November 6, 2015 at 12:15 #

TBH, I don’t like what’s going on in the bust area. It looks like a lot of padding.

• Yeliz November 6, 2015 at 14:27 #

Agreed.

19. Christine November 6, 2015 at 12:13 #

Much better look. Even though she’s wrong this style of dress before, she looks gorgeous.

Her and Brad make a fine couple. He looks sharp too.

• Christine November 6, 2015 at 12:14 #

**I mean she’s worn this style of dress not wrong. Stupid autocorrect!! **

20. Charlotte November 6, 2015 at 12:08 #

I don’t like the effect on her breast, it’s weird and not flaterring.

• Desiree November 6, 2015 at 13:58 #

I know she has been through so much with her health and I completely respect her for raising awareness, but I feel her breasts are too large for this gown. I hope I’m not being too harsh, but maybe a different dress that worked with her chest would have been better.

• pinksugar November 6, 2015 at 22:48 #

I adore and admire her but she absolutely got the implants WAY too big. I notice it in everything she wears now. They overwhelm her thin frame. That being said, I love this dress and am dancing at the sight of sparkle on her! I am still blah on the hair/makeup though.

• Noemi November 7, 2015 at 10:34 #

I wanted to write this time ago, but I was afraid I could be misunderstood. I agree with you, her implants are huge! She’s so thin that everytime she wears this type of dress I can’t help but notice the disproportion.

• chyc November 9, 2015 at 02:11 #