Menu

02.11.15

19th Annual Hollywood Film Awards

19th Annual Hollywood Film Awards

The 19th Annual Hollywood Film Awards took place at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday (November 1) in Beverly Hills, California with many celebrities in attendance.

Jenna Dewan Tatum: The gorgeous actress was by far my favourite, bringing glamour to the event wearing a Zuhair Murad Resort 2016 yellow and black halter gown styled with Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Carey Mulligan: As you know, I’ve been somewhat captivated by Carey’s style of late and this Erdem Resort 2016 dress is no exception. The cut, shimmer, tiered skirt and edge imbued by the studded Christian Louboutin ‘Baila Spike’ pumps all make this a perfect 10 for me.

Amber Heard: Also going for shimmer and shine was Amber Heard, who donned a Temperley London Spring 2016 beaded jumpsuit with complementary Jimmy Choo ‘Cardinal’ pumps .

19th Annual Hollywood Film Awards 2

Selena Gomez: Like Jenna, Selena was oozing glamour in her petal-pink Narciso Rodriguez Resort 2016 gown. As I’ve said before, I much prefer these softer looks over her edgy-try-hard outfits.

Dakota Johnson: The actress usually goes for simple, non-fuss looks, so I was surprised to see her donned this Gucci frock with it colourful embroidered details and sheer elements. The look was styled with Christian Louboutin ‘Nicobar’ sandals.

Jane Fonda: Continuing to prove that age ain’t nothing but a number, the actress single-handily breathed new life into Balmain wearing a Spring 2016 look.  I’m thankful this didn’t get into the hands of Mrs West.

19th Annual Hollywood Film Awards 3

Jordana Brewster: The actress wore a Monique Lhuillier Spring 2016 gown with embroidered illusion insets giving the look a modern edge.

Reese Witherspoon: For some reason, I feel like I have seen this style of dress on Reese several times before. If it ain’t broke…

Alicia Vikander: The Swedish actress was of course in Louis Vuitton. This Spring 2016 part leather look continues to prove why she’s the one of the best ambassadors the brand has ever had.

Credit: Getty

Lea Seydoux In Miu Miu - ‘Spectre’ Mexico City Photocall

Lea Seydoux In Miu Miu – ‘Spectre’ Mexico City Photocall

Must-Have Monday

Must-Have Monday

27 Responses to 19th Annual Hollywood Film Awards

1. Noemi November 4, 2015 at 10:29 #

Carey Mulligan, Amber Heard and Dakota Johnson are my favorite ones.

2. Amanda November 4, 2015 at 02:49 #

Jane Fonda is 77 years old. Mic drop.

3. Carla November 4, 2015 at 01:37 #

The only one I dislike is Jordana–the dress looks lifeless. Everyone else I actually love, and I’ve been very critical of Carey and Dakota in the past.

I’ve also been critical of Balmain–though he may love the Kardashians and the attention they bring to the brand, he’s clearly saving his better designs for everyone else.

4. Amy November 3, 2015 at 15:29 #

Amber, Jenna (minus the makeup) and Selena.
    special mention to ms Fonda. werk!

5. missyjaylor November 3, 2015 at 12:37 #

I really like Dakota Johnson’s sheer dress!!! Jane fonda also well

6. Parvati November 3, 2015 at 11:58 #

I love, love, LOVE Jenna’s dress! She’s already my BDOTW!

7. Rachel November 3, 2015 at 08:40 #

Jenna and Selena are the best for me, so beautiful both of them. Reese is looking very good too, as always.

8. Yeliz November 3, 2015 at 08:32 #

Amber looks gorgeous. I also like Jenna and Jordana’s looks.

9. Valissa November 3, 2015 at 06:54 #

Jenna looks amazing! And I don’t like cut-outs and I don’t like Zuhair Murad but she really makes this work!
    Love Carey and Amber Heard too! Gorgeous outfits that are perfectly styled!

10. laur November 3, 2015 at 01:26 #

Selena Gomez looks angelic. Definitely one of her best looks ranking up there with her Europe Revival tour.

Carey Mulligan looks beautiful also. She is on a roll.

11. Della November 3, 2015 at 00:39 #

Carey looks INCREDIBLE. The dress fits like a dream!

12. Laraine November 3, 2015 at 00:12 #

Carey and Selena both look amazing! This might be Selena’s best.

And if this changes anyone’s mind, Jane Fonda’s Balmain is not a dress – those are RUFFLED PANTS. Really.

13. Caroline November 2, 2015 at 20:56 #

Selena and Jane Fonda are my favs. They look on point from head to toe. Selena looks femenine and cute and Jane’s look is super interesting and hey, at least it’s not Versace. Jenna and Reese, thumbs up too.

14. Fiona-Brasil November 2, 2015 at 20:53 #

I like all the looks except for Jane Fonda”s.Balmain 99% of the time is tacky and here is no exception…

15. Bailey November 2, 2015 at 20:44 #

Jenna’s dress is amazing! Gorgeous!

16. Phoenix November 2, 2015 at 20:34 #

Carey has really stepped up her fashion game lately. Its noticeable that shes trying. Much appreciated.
    Jenna looks hot as usual.
    And I’m also so impressed by Jane Fonda. It looks so youthful and she wears it so perfectly.

17. mattison November 2, 2015 at 20:29 #

Wow, this was a really well-dressed event. I’m rarely impressed by Carey or Dakota, but even they look great. Good show, ladies!

18. Sanya November 2, 2015 at 19:46 #

Nice event. Alle lades look amazing. My favourites:
    1. Amber
    2. Selena
    3. Jane
    4. Jena

• alvaro_spain November 2, 2015 at 22:01 #

Exactly my thoughts: Amber Heard is the best followed by Selena Gomez, Jane Fonda and Jenna Tatum.

19. Nat39 November 2, 2015 at 19:42 #

Jenna stands out. I don’t really like the design of the bodice much, but the overall spot-on fit, styling and lovely colour sell it for me.

20. james November 2, 2015 at 19:39 #

Once again, I am trying to understand Alicia’s style and why she keeps wearing those hideous creations of LV and I am still baffled 🙁
    The top 3 are the best, my fave being Amber. I love Jenna’s look but her racoon make up ruins it for me.
    PS: I wish Jane would do something about that Dynasty hairstyle. It’s outdated and doesn’t suit her at all.

21. CreoleLady November 2, 2015 at 17:48 #

Some nice looks here. Just “wow” when it comes to Jane Fonda. Fearless. Agree, I like Selena’s softer side better too.

22. kane November 2, 2015 at 17:38 #

I often don’t like what Jenna wears, but this one’s great for her. Same for Amber. And I can’t resist Reese’s dress.

23. Evita November 2, 2015 at 17:32 #

The top 3 looks are excellent

24. Alina November 2, 2015 at 17:20 #

Jenna Dewan Tatum reigns supreme.

25. Christine November 2, 2015 at 17:13 #

I like Jenna and Selena looks.

26. pinksugar November 2, 2015 at 17:10 #

The first 3 all look great, especially Jenna, I mean wowza!

I love Jane and I get she looks great for any age but I don’t really dig a midriff baring top on anyone at a formal red carpet event, let alone a woman in her 70s. I also hate the hubcap size earrings.

Even though it’s nice to see Selena covered up and not desperately trying to be sexy I find this look kinda boring. I think I am mostly bothered by the hair/makeup.

Dakota’s dress was a bit too busy for me and hello nipples. This should have been lined or at least came with a set of pasties.