Menu

21.09.15

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Many more stars turned out for the 2015 Emmy Awards, held on Sunday night (September 20) at the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles, California.

Christine Baranski
: Joining the bright-colour brigade, ‘The Good Wife’ actress wore a Zac Posen Resort 2016 gown in a delicious shade of hot pink paired with Chopard jewels. The hue was everything here, taking the simple elegance of the gown to bold new levels.

Kathryn Hahn: The ‘Parks and Recreation’ funny girl turned on her more serious side in a Vivienne Westwood patterned dress style with a Rauwolf clutch. Sometimes these mismatched looks were, but here the mix of heavy, upholstery-like florals and asymmetrical ruffling put this look on rather frumpy, awkward territory.

Sophie Turner: One of the pretties in pants, the ‘Game of Thrones’ actress cut a modish and mannish profile in a Galvan Fall 2015 tailored jumpsuit with Forevermark Diamonds.

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup 2

Judith Light: This Zac Posen Resort 2016 gown commanded attention with its fireworks of floral brocade contrasted to the structured simplicity of the navy shirting. I have a feeling this will be a love or loathe moment for many.

Amy Poehler: The auburn-haired ‘Parks and Recreation’ nominee may not have won the Emmy trophy but her Michael Kors Resort 2016 cutout gown was elegantly stage-worthy. The addition of piles of bangles decorated the chic minimalism of the dress.

Tracee Ellis Ross: While this could have been a pretty-in-pink moment, her Zac Posen Spring 2016 cake-topper of a gown came across as a bit precious and overworked.

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup 3

Anna Chlumsky: Perhaps I would have liked this Bibhu Mohapatra Resort 2016 floral-embellished gown had the actress opted for a less ageing hairstyle. But I have my doubts. A Jimmy Choo ‘Cosma’ clutch completed the rather homespun look.

Cat Deeley
: Always serving up glamour, the television host—and her burgeoning baby bump—stunned in a Monique Lhuillier Fall 2015 column gown that had all the va-va-voom elegance without a hint of try-hard. She styled the metallic moment with a small Rauwolf clutch and sultry, voluminous waves.

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup 4

Niecy Nash: This Mark Zunino lace-embellished gown was nothing short of a jaw-dropper with Niecy beautifully managing its voluminous enchantment.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus: While Julia may have snagged the Emmy win from Amy Poheler, the two actresses were equally winning on the fashion front in sleek, statement-making black gowns. This SAFiYAA asymmetrical design was suitably dazzling with the accompaniment of Chopard jewels.

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup 5

Chelsea Peretti: The stand-up comedian didn’t exactly have me standing up and applauding her Gabriela Cadena gown manifested in a rather messy, ominous array of black and red flora. The mix of the sheer elements of the bodice with the white printed skirt simply didn’t translate.

Jessica Lange
: The icon of stage and screen was refined in a J Mendel navy gown with subtle beaded embellishment at the sleeve for added impact. I generally don’t like sunglasses on the red carpet, but these were so chic that they get a pass.

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup 6

Morena Baccarin: The actress debuted a beautifully flowing Reem Acra crimson dressing gown with lace insets and front slit brought the boudoir to the red carpet.

Tatiana Maslany: In a sea of gowns, this Bouchra Jarrar Spring 2015 Couture cream tuxedo stood out for its sleek, androgynous appeal. Better tailoring and more lively Sophia Webster shoes would have taken the look to the next level.

Maisie Williams: Fresh, youthful, and fun, I loved Maisie in this Ermanno Scervino Resort 2016 quilted pink frock styled with whimsical fur-topped sandals.

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup 7

Taryn Manning: The cape-like detailing of this all-black Rubin Singer gown put it firmly in Halloween costume territory.

Julie Bowen: Also flaunting the black-is-back trend of the night, the ‘Modern Family’ actress was stunning in a custom Georges Chakra Couture gown that delivered a modern sense of sophistication with the laser-cut asymmetrical neckline and exaggerated hourglass silhouette. The look was perfectly accessorized with jade-green Monica Vinader jewels and a Rauwolf clutch.

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup 8

Danielle Brooks: Also joining her ‘Orange is the New Black’ co-stars, Danielle brought her own personal rainbow to the proceedings in a custom Christian Siriano gown in a brilliant shade of sapphire blue plus yellow and teal plisse overlays at the front and back for added movement. While the vibrancy was splendid, it may have been one too many colours at work here as I was slightly reminded of the circus.

Jessica Pare: She channeled a rosy outlook in her saturated pink gown with softly draped lines. The colour was striking with her jet-black hair and alabaster complexion.

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup 9

Regina King: The ‘American Crime’ actress and Emmy winner accepted her award in a pearl- and sequin-encrusted Krikor Jabotian frock that sparkled with a youthful sense of quaint whimsy in its bell-like silhouette.

Edie Falco: While I think we’ve all seen worse when it comes to a Prada red-carpet look, this particular white pleated gown was not as flattering as I’d prefer for Edie, and it left me with a craving for a belt.

2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup 10

Nazanin Boniadi: The poorly executed nude illusion effect in this asymmetrical Stephane Rolland Spring 2014 Couture gown immediately put this long white look in poor form.

Laura Prepon: Also flaunting her dramatic side, the ‘Orange is the New Black’ star donned an extravagant Christian Siriano custom creation. The decorative capelet-inspired detail set this ball gown from the other extravagant red dresses glimpsed on Sunday evening.

Credit: Getty

Amanda Peet In Michael Kors - 2015 Emmy Awards

Amanda Peet In Michael Kors – 2015 Emmy Awards

Jessica Alba's Sweaty Betty Yama Padded Yoga Bra & Jive Dance Capris

Jessica Alba’s Sweaty Betty Yama Padded Yoga Bra & Jive Dance Capris

43 Responses to 2015 Emmy Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Gemma Rockets September 22, 2015 at 13:12 #

Christine Baranski, Maisie Williams and Jessica Pare all looked amazing, IMO.
    Danielle Brooks was stunning in all those colours, too.

2. Chris September 21, 2015 at 19:42 #

Especially like Danielle and Christine here.
    Tatiana Looks great as well, but I wish the suit was netter tailored, I agree on that.

• Chris September 21, 2015 at 19:45 #

*better

3. moonbeam September 21, 2015 at 19:05 #

I like Prepon and Deely’s looks best here.

Also, the contributors to this site should consider using the word “masculine” or “androgynous” instead of “mannish” when referring to a look that isn’t considered traditionally feminine. “Mannish” is something an 8 year old would say.

4. Patricia September 21, 2015 at 19:00 #

I think both Maisie and Sophie look very cool. Jessica looks stunning though.

5. Phoenix September 21, 2015 at 18:31 #

Julie looks great, Julie, Sophie, Christine, look good.
    The rest look okay to downright awful. On Brooks, before I even read the comment my first thought was circus. The colors are just too too much although the dress itself is an excellent fit for her.

6. bisbee September 21, 2015 at 17:28 #

Wow – differing opinions! I think Julie Bowen knocked it out of the part – absolutely gorgeous dress, fit to a T! Unlike many of the others, I thought Maisie’s dress looked terrible – and with those shoes, she looks like she is wearing a bathrobe and slippers!

Jessica Lange should have taken off those sunglasses…if she needs glasses, she should wear them. Those ruined her look.

7. pinksugar September 21, 2015 at 17:03 #

Cat and Tracee are my favorites here.

8. Carol September 21, 2015 at 15:00 #

1- Cat Deeley
    2- Maisie Williams
    3- Julie Bowen
    4- Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    5- Edie Falco

On another note, I would LOVE to see Sophie Turner wearing a proper gown, she’s SO beautiful and has a KILLER body. I’d put on her a minimalistic Calvin Klein and gosh, perfection. Too bad she always makes odd choices.

9. Dee September 21, 2015 at 13:35 #

I like Christine, Cat, and Niecey looks.

10. Marianne September 21, 2015 at 11:49 #

Maisie the best! But where is Zoe Kazan? she was amazing in a striped plissé with a cascade of diamonds!!! in love with that look!

11. The original AB September 21, 2015 at 11:17 #

Cat Deeley looks fabulous! She makes pregnanacy look easy. Both Jessica’s look great, but what were Taryn and Nazanin thinking, their dresses are so unflattering.

12. kane September 21, 2015 at 10:56 #

All very worthy to go into the round up post. I love Kathryn Hahn, but just what is she wearing? Amy should know her body shape much better now–she looks like a early twenty something still figuring out fashion. Gotta say, I love the colour of Christine’s dress though.

13. Christine September 21, 2015 at 10:55 #

My favorites are Christine, Sophie, Niecy and Laura

14. Noemi September 21, 2015 at 10:38 #

Jessica Pare is my favorite among these, then I like Sophie Turner. Maisie Wiliams looks very good, too but I don’t like the shoes, while I love the dress.

15. CreoleLady September 21, 2015 at 10:27 #

Jessica Pare is my absolute favorite here. Some nicevlooks here though. I rather like Judith Light’s Posen but the hair and heavy eye makeup, nit do much.

• CreoleLady September 21, 2015 at 10:31 #

*”not so much** instead of “nit do much” , lol…

• mm September 21, 2015 at 16:22 #

Jessica Pare with the diamond in the rough of these so so looks.

16. Yeliz September 21, 2015 at 09:40 #

Love: Sophie, Maisie, Julie and Danielle
    Like: Cat, Amy, Christine, Jessica Pare and Regina

I especially love Sophie and Julie’s looks, they’re among my best dressed of the night.

17. Charlotte September 21, 2015 at 09:03 #

Laura Prepon is my favorite here.
    Christine Baranski looks good toot.

18. Lashae September 21, 2015 at 08:49 #

Love Danielle Brooks and Regina King

19. Guest September 21, 2015 at 08:40 #

I really like Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams (but not her shoes), Baranski looked nice in pink, Regina King and Tatiana Maslany – the two of them looked best: very elegant and simple, unlike most of the women here, who looked just odd.

20. Evita September 21, 2015 at 08:39 #

Sophie,Amy,Cat,Tatiana,Maisie and Julie look good,this is not the best they can do but come on people these are in no way bad looks

21. Christy September 21, 2015 at 06:57 #

Looks I like: Niecy, Julia, Julie, Danielle, and Cat

22. Ariya September 21, 2015 at 06:53 #

Woah! Such diverse looks in one post.
    The outfits I really love are Christine, Niecy Nalsh, Laura Prepon, Jessica Pare, Regina King and Julie Bowen( its black but the accessories make the look).
    Sophie and Maisie look amazing too.
    I love Chelsea Peretti and Danielle Brooks but their outfits have one or five too many things going on.
    Tatiana stands out but like Rachel said better fit and styling could have taken it to another level.
    Also for Julia and Jessica Lange, the dresses are just fine but they are on a different level of fabulousity so I can’t bring myself to fault them.

23. Bec September 21, 2015 at 06:30 #

What a disappointing red carpet!

I don’t blame you guys for putting these all into one post….none of them really deserve their own one!

24. Iva September 21, 2015 at 06:16 #

Julie Bowen for me.

25. Karen September 21, 2015 at 05:58 #

Nazanin was my favorite at this event! Stunning gown and lady! This picture doesnt do justice!

• Catherine Kallon September 21, 2015 at 10:13 #

Don’t blame the picture, the illusion neckline was poorly executed like Rachel has said.

26. Alex September 21, 2015 at 05:45 #

Laura Prepon is BTOTY-worthy and needs her own post! She looks divine! Best dressed in my opinion!

27. Caroline September 21, 2015 at 05:42 #

I like Julie Bowen, Maisie Williams, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Cat Deeley and Christine Baranski with Cat being my favorite from the bunch. The gown fits her perfectly, showcasing her baby bump adorably and she looks beautiful.

28. Alina September 21, 2015 at 05:39 #

I like: Christine Baranski, Amy Poehler (she deserved that Emmy!), JLD, Julie Bowen, Tatiana Maslany.

I love: Cat Deelay, Niecy Nash, Jessica Pare.

29. Nat39 September 21, 2015 at 05:10 #

Well, I think the combination of colours on Danielle Brooks is absolutely stunning – blue, yellow, turquoise – gorgeous spectrum, w/o being gaudy, and the gown is fitted and flows at the same time beautifully. Jessica Pare looks beautiful in her pink gown.

30. Trinny September 21, 2015 at 05:10 #

I absolutely adore Maisie’s look. I know furry sandals aren’t for everyone, but they add just the right amount of fun to the look for me.

31. cherrysoftness September 21, 2015 at 05:07 #

Nazanin Boniadi’s gown feels like a missed opportunity.

32. sophie September 21, 2015 at 05:00 #

I love Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon’s Christian Siriano gowns. Color is the way to go. I don’t think Danielle’s gown is circus. Just because there is color doesn’t make it circus.

If she was a size 2 I don’t think you’d be saying circus.

She looks amazing and the cape detail on Laura’s gown makes it amazing. LOVE both.

• Nat39 September 21, 2015 at 05:23 #

I don’t see anything circus-y about Danielle Brooks’s look either. The colours are gorgeous while her on-point clean styling keeps everything right.

• Catherine Kallon September 21, 2015 at 10:10 #

I’m going to defend Rachel here because we at RCFA NEVER discriminate people who are not a size 2. I am highly offended by this comment. I don’t know why you took it there.

• moonbeam September 21, 2015 at 18:59 #

I think the dress reads circus because the swaths of solid color on the dress look like what you’d see on a big top circus tent.

33. Nicky September 21, 2015 at 04:57 #

This is quite a disappointing red carpet. Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Sophie Turner look the best here.

34. Cindy September 21, 2015 at 04:54 #

Cat D. Looks gorgeous, and her little baby bump is adorable! Julia looks great, but Julie looks amazing. Amy P’s hair was atrocious!

35. Bailey September 21, 2015 at 04:50 #

Love the sleek elegance that Christine Baranski, Julia Louise-Dreyfus and Julie Bowen showed with their looks. All three look amazing!

• Rachel September 21, 2015 at 21:19 #

Me too, and I also love Laura Prepon dress, but not her styling.