Menu

Taylor Swift In Ashish – 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Taylor Swift In Ashish - 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Taylor Swift attended the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards at the Microsoft Theater on Sunday (August 30) in Los Angeles, California.

This was the first look I saw from the event and my reaction was sparkly PJs.

A few hours into covering this event and my opinion and dislike for this Ashish look hasn’t wavered.

I’m all for change, especially where Taylor is concerned, but this is not a good look by any stretch of the imagination plus those Christian Louboutin ‘Pumpstagram’ pumps further confuse this situation.

Hands up if you think this was one of the best at this event, because I’m failing to see the appeal.

Credit: Getty

Ciara In Alexandre Vauthier Couture - 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Ciara In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Miley Cyrus In Atelier Versace & House of Holland - 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Miley Cyrus In Atelier Versace & House of Holland – 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

39 Responses to Taylor Swift In Ashish – 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

1. FunnyFace August 31, 2015 at 23:41 #

I kinda love this, she does look like she’s in a luxe tracksuit, but it’s so refreshing to see someone with it not all on display. Modern yet chic, which is no mean feat at the VMA’s.

2. Mark August 31, 2015 at 21:46 #

She just can’t pull it off. She has neither the innate sense of style, flair or sex appeal to make this rather odd look work. I agree with Ana above me that someone like Zendaya could probably do it and make it fun. On Taylor it just looks try-hard and silly.

• Claire August 31, 2015 at 23:18 #

3. Ana August 31, 2015 at 21:06 #

I can’t help but picture Zendaya in this look and feel that she would’ve rocked it. I don’t totally hate it on Taylor and I give her props for trying something different; hopefully soon she will perfect her new style. Anyways, even with the horrible shoes, she looked better than most of the other attendees and looks way better than at last year VMA’s.

4. kane August 31, 2015 at 19:21 #

I like hair and make up and although the ensemble isn’t to my taste, at least she’s fully clothed.

5. Phoenix August 31, 2015 at 18:53 #

I think this is great.
    Not only is NOT a stripper look like the majority of the girls there, its also a different kind of look for her….which is a good thing.

Very refreshing.

6. Jenny August 31, 2015 at 18:31 #

I thought the same, she looked great!
    If she pops up in any elie saab princess gown, that would have been expected!

If i could change it up, would be her earrings, a more statement piece and more color.

7. GB August 31, 2015 at 18:15 #

I think she looks amazing! She totally pulls it off. And the eye makeup is A++

• Dana August 31, 2015 at 18:34 #

Lol me too. I actually think she looks cool. The makeup and color scheme make this.

8. Fanny August 31, 2015 at 17:34 #

I think I would have liked it more had either the top or the pants been in another fabric (and color). For example a white top or black pants. I like the glittery fabric but there’s just too much of it.
    Loving the shoes!

9. Carol August 31, 2015 at 16:45 #

Seems like she’s trying to be something she’s not.

10. Carolina August 31, 2015 at 16:36 #

I find this boring and overrated. So I guess it fits Taylor Swift perfectly…

• Roger September 1, 2015 at 04:48 #

11. bisbee August 31, 2015 at 16:12 #

I disagree – I like this for the occasion, and I thought the shoes went well with the outfit, although I don’t like them.

This was the VMAs, not the Oscars or Grammys (although that can be a bit outrageous too). I thought it was appropriate for the occasion, and she is trying to shed her good girl image. I don’t think she will be able to accomplish that, but at least she is wearing clothes!

12. pinksugar August 31, 2015 at 15:25 #

I don’t know that harem pants are ever a Best Dressed option but when you are in a pool of women who look like strippers with the night off, then yeah, this is one of the better ones.

13. Caroline August 31, 2015 at 15:17 #

This is absolutely hideous and has got nothing to do with Taylor Swift.

14. Bailey August 31, 2015 at 14:55 #

Hate this look from head to toe. I hate the crop top and pants combo here, mainly because of the ugly print. Her makeup is over the top extreme and those shoes are terrible. Probably her first look that I don’t like at least a little bit

15. ash August 31, 2015 at 14:42 #

I actually like this look. She’s here for her “Bad Blood” win so I think this look is so on point for the occasion. But I have to say, the crop tops are becoming another taylor-swift-deja vu. Never thought I’d say this but I kinda miss her sparkly graceful gown days.

16. Ariya August 31, 2015 at 14:33 #

Neck above she looks perfect and I like the idea of the outfit Taylor doesn’t have enough sass to pull it off. Cigarettes pants or bell bottoms could have made a greater impact.
    Love the shoes but I just cant even with that name.

17. EmmaWoodhouse August 31, 2015 at 13:56 #

I love the shoes, actually, and the houndstooth…however I dislike crop tops and the pants were definitely a risk. If this had been a sleek, sleeveless knee-length sheath it would have been a cool vintage nod to her video but still modern and fresh.

18. Dee August 31, 2015 at 13:52 #

I like this look.

19. CD August 31, 2015 at 13:36 #

Surely the bare upper midriff trend is done

20. amy August 31, 2015 at 13:17 #

honestly, in a sea of monsters this one is tolerable. I really like the graphic liner and she’s doing something different.

• The original AB August 31, 2015 at 16:06 #

21. alvaro_spain August 31, 2015 at 12:54 #

This can’t be one of the best… this is just a glittery tracksuit with horrible shoes!! : O

• Remage August 31, 2015 at 14:18 #

22. m August 31, 2015 at 12:47 #

shes still miss try too hard… whats tacky its the vmas… when u r young have fun

23. Anne August 31, 2015 at 12:33 #

At an event where 90% of the females in attendance wore scraps of lingerie, I’ll take pjs any day!

I thought this was fun, different and refreshing. This was one of my favorites

24. Alina August 31, 2015 at 12:28 #

No. Not tacky as 80% of the people attending this event, but still not a good look.

25. jones19 August 31, 2015 at 12:25 #

I actually love this look! I would have preferred the pants to be a cigarette pant but overall I like this edgy turn from Tay Tay. The hair and makeup further enhanced the edginess. Love!

26. Christine August 31, 2015 at 12:17 #

The shoes ruin the look. What are them shoes?

27. Fiona-Brasil August 31, 2015 at 12:17 #

One of the best if not the “belle of the ball” among so many atrocities as seen in this VMA, when a new frontier for tackyville was crossed…

• Anna August 31, 2015 at 12:24 #

+1!!!

• Renè August 31, 2015 at 15:30 #

I agree with you. It’s a nice and original look

• Inge September 1, 2015 at 18:03 #

• Lila August 31, 2015 at 16:44 #

I do get the sequinned pjs vibe yet I kinda agree with you. There is something about this that works. She looks put together compared to the other attendees but still fun.

28. Evita August 31, 2015 at 12:16 #

OMG no FC,I’m sad you didn’t like this.Her,Cara in Saint Laurent,Hailee and Vanessa were my favourites. Love this,I feel like she was channeling Catastrophe,her character from the Bad Blood video, BDOTW-worthy!
    P.S. I saw on twitter she changed 3 pairs of shoes,but this one is my favourite,so badass

29. Chris August 31, 2015 at 12:15 #

“This was the first look I saw from the event and my reaction was sparkly PJs.” Exactly! I think she tried to look badass, but to me, she just looks like she’s wearing fancy pajamas.
    I like the idea, though and I think I can vaguely guess what she was trying to do. With a different fabric, a different fit and maybe slightly different colors, this could have been cool, maybe. I thought it was a cool idea, but the execution is a mess.