Menu

31.08.15

2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs Red Carpet Roundup

VMAs

Here is a roundup from Sunday’s (August 30) 2015 MTV Video Music Awards at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California.

Cara Delevingne: The model/actress was once again oozing easy elegance wearing a Saint Laurent star print fringed number.

Gigi Hadid: The model wore a saffron yellow Emilia Wickstead ‘Emma’ jacquard dress paired with matching hot pants. She certainly has the legs to rock this look, but I can’t get on board with the bouffant. It’s very 80s Cindy Crawford, but perhaps that’s what she was going for.

Serayah: I don’t quite get the purpose of this Herve Leger dress. It looks more like a beach cover up, which is even more apparent considering she looks like she’s wearing a bikini underneath.

vmas 2

Karlie Kloss: The model wore a Louis Vuitton studded dress which gave us an eye full of side boob.

Tori Kelly: The singer showcased her endless legs wearing a Vatanika Spring 2015 romper.

Chrissy Teigen: Considering some of the looks on this red carpet, her Marchesa Fall 2015 halter gown with its sheer elements was relatively tame in comparison.

vmas 3

Lily Aldridge: As gorgeous as Lily looks in this Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2015 cut-out gown, I have been there and done that so many times with this style of gown that I’m fatigued by it.

Stella Maxwell: The British model wore a strapless velour Moschino Fall 2015 gown with an electrifying graffiti print detail.

Kat Graham: I can’t say I’m a fan of the actress’ vintage Versace dress. The print is so gaudy.

Credit: Getty

Z LaLa In Merlin Castell - 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Z LaLa In Merlin Castell – 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs

Gigi Hadid's Emilia Wickstead Emma Slit-Front Jacquard Dress

Gigi Hadid’s Emilia Wickstead Emma Slit-Front Jacquard Dress

22 Responses to 2015 MTV Video Music Awards #VMAs Red Carpet Roundup

1. Valissa September 1, 2015 at 00:30 #

Cara and Lily look great but everybody else is a MESS! It’s like celebs hear the word “VMA’s” and lose all sense of style!

NEWS FLASH: You can look edgy, sexy and cool without looking cheap and desperate!

• Amy September 1, 2015 at 09:05 #

amen.

2. Claire August 31, 2015 at 23:12 #

That color on Gigi doesn’t do anything good for her. I was really disappointed by this choice.

Cara, Karlie, Serayah, and Kat are all meh for me.

Lily and Stella are the best out of this bunch, with the others landing in my “good, but not great” category.

3. Megs222 August 31, 2015 at 22:39 #

I don’t get Karlie Kloss. I think she is SO BORING!

Cara looks cute, but nothing special. I found this whole event to be quite depressing fashion wise.

4. Christine August 31, 2015 at 22:02 #

Cara looks great

5. Phoenix August 31, 2015 at 19:37 #

Cara looks downright boring. I do not see the appeal in this h2t snoozy look.
    The others are a no. Bad to horrid. Except Lily. Lily looks great but wrong event perhaps.

6. kane August 31, 2015 at 19:18 #

Loving the colour of Gigi’s dress, but the dress itself is pretty awful.

Cara is the only one to stand out positively from a sea of pretty grim looks.

• ChristinA September 1, 2015 at 06:47 #

Agreed!

7. Jenny August 31, 2015 at 18:28 #

Lily and Karlie were the only ones on this list that looked great, Lily aldridge should have been in the best dressed list as well.
    The black gown fit her like a glove and only supermodel proportions could wear that and she made it looked elegant not like rita- always giving out trashy vibes

8. Carol August 31, 2015 at 16:41 #

Cara looks simple, playful and appropiate. I love her sexy, edgy vibe. I also really like Karlie’s dress, to be honest it seems like a summerish, sexy yet classy choice that was also quite appropiate for the event. As for the rest, not liking any of the looks. Lily is gorgeous and she looks sexy but the black gown with cut-outs has expired. I’m also seriously questioning Serayah’s sanity, I mean for her to wear that she’s got to be quite out of it.

9. Carolina August 31, 2015 at 16:33 #

Cara looks lovely and Gigi’s look is a disaster.

10. Evita August 31, 2015 at 16:13 #

Cara looks BDOTW worthy and Lily amd Karlie look ok

11. Noemi August 31, 2015 at 15:57 #

I only like Cara, this was probably the worst edition ever, very Tackyville.

• ChristinA September 1, 2015 at 06:44 #

+1, Tackyville indeed!!

12. Raphael August 31, 2015 at 15:42 #

What? I love Gigi’s look

13. Caroline August 31, 2015 at 15:13 #

This hurt my eyes. Anyway, Cara, Karlie and Lily look pretty nice.

14. pinksugar August 31, 2015 at 15:12 #

I really only like Cara. She dressed for the event without looking like a cheap tart.

15. Bailey August 31, 2015 at 14:52 #

I genuinely like Cara and Lily’s dresses. Everybody else, not at all

16. H August 31, 2015 at 14:44 #

I was expecting for you to feature CL wearing Moschino who arrived with Jeremy Scott and Stella Maxwell, I really liked her look and it was pretty great for an awards show. She looked sensational.

Anyways, my favorites are Stella, Cara and Gigi here.

17. Chris August 31, 2015 at 14:38 #

Cara Delevingne is the only one whose look I kinda liked along with Vanessa Hudgens. And maybe Z LaLa’s unique look. lol Everyone else’s looks I don’t really like, including the ones in this post.

Compared to this year, the VMA red carpets of the last two years were great.^^ Almost only disasters on this years red carpet and so many things gone wrong.

18. Alina August 31, 2015 at 14:37 #

Cara, Karlie & Lily look OK.

• Fiona-Brasil August 31, 2015 at 15:37 #