Menu

05.08.15 Sidewalk Style

Kate Mara In Giambattista Valli, Christian Dior & David Koma - Live! With Kelly & Michael, Out In New York, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Following her previous two looks, Kate Mara served up three more while continuing to promote her new movie, ‘Fantastic Four’ on Tuesday (August 4) in New York City.

Live! With Kelly & Michael: Continuing her love for shorter hemlines, the actress wore what is easily my favourite look yet. This charming, floral Giambattista Valli 60s-style dress has all the girlish qualities I expect from a Kate Mara look. Styled with her favourite Emm Kuo clutch, the look was topped off with pretty pink Sophia Webster ‘Coco Flamingo’ croc embossed pumps.

Out In New York City: On her way to a press junket, the actress wore her third Dior dress of the tour so far. While this tweed dress oozes sophistication, I just love youthful outlook which was further enhanced with her Dior metallic red wedges.

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: Opting for a more darker tone, the actress’ third look of the day came courtesy of David Koma. While I am a huge fan of David Koma, I found myself slightly underwhelmed by this offering when placed alongside the other two. The look was styled with Jimmy Choo ‘Toga’ pumps.

Those of you fearing that this would be a uneventful promo tour going on her Sandro/Louis Vuitton look from last week, will be glad to see her reversal of fortunes.

Are you impressed by Kate so far on this promo tour?

Her premiere look will follow.

Credit: FameFlynet, Splash & AKM-GSI

Who Wore Balmain Better...Jane Fonda or Abbey Lee?

Who Wore Balmain Better…Jane Fonda or Abbey Lee?

Kerry Washington In Mary Katrantzou - Disney ABC Television Group's 2015 Summer TCA Press Tour

Kerry Washington In Mary Katrantzou – Disney ABC Television Group’s 2015 Summer TCA Press Tour

17 Responses to Kate Mara In Giambattista Valli, Christian Dior & David Koma – Live! With Kelly & Michael, Out In New York, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1. pinksugar August 5, 2015 at 16:00 #

I like all three of these, surprisingly the Dior is my favorite. The shoes were a wise choice.

2. meme August 5, 2015 at 14:53 #

don’t like her or her style at all. that haircut is atrocious. That first dress looks fit for a 5 year old.

3. Iris August 5, 2015 at 14:45 #

Wonder why no one’s saying this — the Valli is all kinds of wrong on her. The high waist cuts her off awkwardly, the while flowers at the neckline make it appear she doesn’t have a neck at all and the whole twee frock is at complete dissonance with her fierce hair. It looks like she borrowed it from a pre-teen with completely different proportions!
    The Koma, for me, is the saving grace.

4. dee August 5, 2015 at 13:32 #

I only like her 2nd look.

5. Alina August 5, 2015 at 11:20 #

Let’s say the looks are in the order of my preference. That Valli is beautiful and her best this week.

6. Chris August 5, 2015 at 11:00 #

She’s on a roll since yesterday! I enjoy all of them quite a lot. I think the second one is my favorite, followed by the first one. I haven’t seen her premiere look yet, I’m curious what she did for that one…

• Christine August 5, 2015 at 11:52 #

Her premiere look was awful and unflattering. Nothing to look forward to.

• Chris August 5, 2015 at 12:08 #

Yeah, you’re right, I just stumbled across photos of it…

7. Charlotte August 5, 2015 at 10:53 #

nothing to get me excited here…The second Christian Dior dress is the best of the bunch..

8. kane August 5, 2015 at 10:46 #

I really only like the second look, but I like that one a lot. The silhouette of the first one is ridiculously unflattering and the second one is, well, black. The details on the skirt don’t help much, but instead make it seem even heavier.

9. Christine August 5, 2015 at 10:42 #

This has been an underwhelming press tour. Didn’t expect much tbh

I like her secon look

• Christine August 5, 2015 at 10:44 #

Second*

10. justme August 5, 2015 at 10:37 #

I wouldn’t go as far as impressed but I’ve enjoyed her promo tour so far.

I’m in the minority who liked her haircut from the jump and I’m glad that it didn’t deter her from her love for feminine pieces.

The 2nd look is my fave.

11. Nat39 August 5, 2015 at 09:57 #

None really. The 3rd one, cooler sexier David Koma is nothing exciting but actually happens to work best for her and with that haircut. The 1st one is way too ‘kindergarten’ on her and the 2nd little number is on the twee side as well.

• Nat39 August 5, 2015 at 10:28 #

I have to say, I’m not really a fan of this haircut on her but more adult cool feminine dressing brings out a sexier edge in it while cutesy dressing just makes it look too “little boy”, she needs to find a balance in order to make this hair work for her.

• mumu August 5, 2015 at 11:26 #

I fully agree with both of your your comments!

12. Evita August 5, 2015 at 09:46 #

I love all 3 looks,I think she looks great,with the first 2 looks being my favourites. For me it wasn’t the David Koma look that was a disappointment,it was her premiere look…