Menu

Meryl Streep In Balmain – The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Meryl Streep In Balmain -  The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Meryl Streep made a guest appearance on ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ on Monday (August 3) to promote her latest movie, ‘Ricki And The Flash’.

There are several words I thought I would never put in the same sentence: Lady Gaga, normal; Kim Kardashian, BDOTW and Meryl Streep, Balmain; but they’ve all miraculously happened.

We all know Meryl doesn’t appear to be that interested in fashion, so that’s why her decision to wear this Balmain Pre-Fall 2015 jumpsuit is all the more intriguing.

Possessing all the label’s signatures: strong shoulders and nipped waist. I would say this is a win for Meryl for its sharp sophistication and modernity.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Greta Gerwig In Carven - BBC Radio 1 Studios

Greta Gerwig In Carven – BBC Radio 1 Studios

Amy Schumer In No. 21 - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Amy Schumer In No. 21 – The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

28 Responses to Meryl Streep In Balmain – The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1. eileen james August 6, 2015 at 07:03 #

So shocked how the see thru showed flab (age) wish there was a panel of white there under arms

2. Noemi August 5, 2015 at 11:12 #

Well, she definitely stepped out of her comfort zone. I think that she looks good in some photos but this jumpsuit is not particularly flattering, most of all in the main photo (chosen for this post). But she probably pulled it off better than someone else would.

3. Bec August 5, 2015 at 07:17 #

When was Kim nominated for BDOTW?

4. Yeliz August 4, 2015 at 19:29 #

I love Meryl, but this jumpsuit doesn’t do her body any favors.

5. Pedro August 4, 2015 at 17:51 #

Queen Meryl looks amazing!

6. jessica August 4, 2015 at 17:43 #

come on catherine, you have a great eye! this does not look good… its ill-fitting, short-waisted, and not her! I appreciated the fact that she hired a stylist… but it does not look good. and the derek lam from the day before looks bad too! xxjess

7. Carolina August 4, 2015 at 16:37 #

Nooooooooooo!!

8. pinksugar August 4, 2015 at 15:28 #

I love her but she looks ridiculous. Balmain doesn’t exactly scream Meryl. It’s a poor fit and way too young for her. Only the likes of Jane Fonda can pull stuff like this off.

• meme August 4, 2015 at 15:53 #

Jane Fonda can’t either. Balmain is for younger woman. Meryl looks silly.

9. Phoenix August 4, 2015 at 15:06 #

Awful. To be fair the outfit is awful and not sure anyone could of made it work. H2t just odd. And like a commenter mentioned above, her head seems disconnected. Cant believe her stylist put her in this.

10. Maria August 4, 2015 at 14:38 #

Micaela Erlanger is styling her now, which I think is awesome. She’s put her in some exciting looks lately and I like this.

11. Marcel August 4, 2015 at 13:38 #

I really want to like it.. I’m making an effort but I don’t understant the hair style neither those shoes with this outfit. I think it is toooooooooooo edgy for her?? And the main picture is plain horrible.

Can we make a 3rd category ? an YESNO ?

12. kevinappears August 4, 2015 at 13:38 #

Kinda awkward.

13. Becky August 4, 2015 at 13:31 #

This is shapeless, so I don’t like it. Maybe if the legs were shorter and the waist more nipped in?

14. Slash August 4, 2015 at 13:19 #

I never thought I would live to see Meril Streep and sheer trend in the same sentence, and not involving a negation. This is the end, my friends.

15. kane August 4, 2015 at 13:11 #

Unexpected… I must say I just like neck-up better than neck-down.

16. Scarlett August 4, 2015 at 13:05 #

The reason for the change is easy, she’s started working with a new stylist. I think the pants are a little long but I admire her making bold decisions and trying something new

17. Alina August 4, 2015 at 12:47 #

I like the jumpsuit on her, but I wish the pants were a little shorter.

18. Lashae August 4, 2015 at 11:25 #

I’ll give Meryl a ‘A’ for effort and that’s about it because this looks terrible on her. Its too long, the polka-dot cutouts look bad and she has the wrong shoes on.

19. Chris August 4, 2015 at 11:23 #

I like this for being such an totally unexpected and unusual look from her – I like that she tried something different. I’m not 100% sure, what I think of it besides that. But, as I said, because it is something so different from her, I am kinda intrigued.

• The original AB August 4, 2015 at 11:30 #

20. Christine August 4, 2015 at 11:15 #

Well she is playing a rock star in the movie she is promoting.

That’s the only thing I can think of from this fashion experiment.

On one hand, it’s good to see Meryl step outside the box.

But then on the other hand, none of this is working.

Atleast

• dee August 4, 2015 at 13:49 #

My thoughts exactly. She may be still in character mode. I applaud her experimenting with something edgier but this doesn’t work.

• AnderBoBo August 4, 2015 at 21:57 #

I agree, it’s very clear that they are sticking with the tone of her character for the styling of this promo tour… and while this is a commendable attempt, it’s just not working on any level.

21. Evita August 4, 2015 at 11:02 #

wth?! This is bad,this is really bad… The sheer panels with the polka dots are tacky and look cheap,the jumpsuit doesn’t flatter her body,especially the cut outs which are not as sharp as on the model,it only makes her look wide,it makes her neck disappear,it’s also too freaking long and the hair just doesn’t make any sense…The earrings also don’t make any sense and I passionately hate the shoes.This jumpsuit needed an edgier person to pull it off,it looks dated and just plain bad on Meryl.This doesn’t work and could have never worked.

• Iris August 4, 2015 at 11:13 #

Much as I love Meryl, this is plain embarrassing.

• Remage August 4, 2015 at 11:38 #

+100000, her neck and waist have disappeared!5

22. Fiona-Brasil August 4, 2015 at 10:56 #

I don’t know…It is like her head doesn’t belong to this body.