Menu

Ana Beatriz Barros In Zuhair Murad Couture - Royal Wedding of Beatrice Borromeo and Pierre Casiraghi

Ana Beatriz Barros attended the royal wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo on Saturday (August 1) in Angera, Italy.

There was a time during Cannes Film Festival when I had grown tired of these types of gowns as they appeared to be stuck on repeat, but in this gorgeous setting I couldn’t help but swoon over her Zuhair Murad Spring 2015 Couture mermaid gown.

How could one not fall in love with this gown?

The colour, the style and the cascading silk and tulle train adorned with crystals all come together to create a BDOTW (or even BDOTY) worthy piece.

Credit: Style.com & Ana Beatriz Barros’ Instagram Account

Who Wore Self-Portrait Better...Willow Shields or Ashley Madekwe?

Who Wore Self-Portrait Better…Willow Shields or Ashley Madekwe?

Greta Gerwig In Carven - BBC Radio 1 Studios

Greta Gerwig In Carven – BBC Radio 1 Studios

27 Responses to Ana Beatriz Barros In Zuhair Murad Couture – Royal Wedding of Beatrice Borromeo and Pierre Casiraghi

1. Tracy August 5, 2015 at 01:19 #

Loving the fit of the dress on her, but can’t help but get Frozen’s Elsa vibes with the hair.

2. Nat39 August 5, 2015 at 01:14 #

Stunning, the way it all sparkles and cascades, and she has a perfect stature for it – actually BDOTY worthy was my thought.

3. lucy August 5, 2015 at 00:47 #

Bdotw! Did you see Sonam Kapoor in Michael Costello? Now, that’s a BDOTY contender!

• Arie August 5, 2015 at 07:07 #

+1 Loved Ana and Sonam’s look this week

4. Karen August 5, 2015 at 00:45 #

Lovely! This is what Cannes should’ve looked like this year!

• Karen August 5, 2015 at 00:46 #

Plus, it’s a royal wedding! She has to be ott!

5. marie August 4, 2015 at 21:51 #

The dress is extremely pretty and I actually love the frozen-vibe I’m getting with the braid and all. The fit is amazing and she wears it so effortlessly. I wondered which premiere this is or which award-show I missed and then – I read it was a royal wedding!
    My love ended there.
    It’s totally overdressed! For any wedding! How can you wear a sparkly, sheer-neckline Zuhair Murad gown as a guest at a wedding?! Does she hate the bride or something?
    Totally ott and so, in no way best dressed. What a waste…

6. Bailey August 4, 2015 at 20:59 #

I loved this dress on the runway, and its still nice off. The braid makes it look a bit “Frozen” like, but overall its a pretty look

7. Raphael August 4, 2015 at 19:40 #

She was definitely overdressed, since Charlotte Casiraghi herself wore a simple short dress with flats! But the dress is gorgeous, there’s no doubt.

• Raphael August 4, 2015 at 19:45 #

Right dress, wrong occasion.

8. Yeliz August 4, 2015 at 19:25 #

I think this is a bit too much for that wedding since not even the bride didn’t wear a very glamorous and grand gown (I did like her wedding gown tough). That said, she does look beautiful.

9. Pedro August 4, 2015 at 17:53 #

Ana looks gorgeous!

BDOTW

10. meme August 4, 2015 at 15:56 #

I’m over sheer, naked/semi naked dresses and this is NOT a dress for a royal wedding. Murad is getting tiresome at this point.

11. Amy August 4, 2015 at 15:08 #

great dress, ABB looks amazing. However I don’t know if this is the most appropriate attire for a wedding especially when she’s just a guest.

12. Charlotte August 4, 2015 at 14:25 #

with that hair, this could never be a BDOTY contender in my book,but BDOTW-worthy for sure.

13. dee August 4, 2015 at 13:42 #

Wrong occasion for this gown. Don’t like the hair either.

14. Becky August 4, 2015 at 13:34 #

Really like the dress, especially the colour. But the plunging neckline is all wrong for a wedding. She outshines the bride…

15. Chris August 4, 2015 at 11:13 #

I agree that I don’t find this really appropriate for a royal wedding attendee. Plus I’m still a bit over sheer embellished Elie Saabs and Zuhair Murads at this point. That being said, there is no denying that she does look really stunning and especially the train makes the look spectacular. But I as well have to say, to me this is not a BDOTY look and it might only end up as a BDOTW-look if this is going to be another weak week and we don’t get something nice, more original and more event-appropriate.

16. Ramsay August 4, 2015 at 10:52 #

Looking so tacky for a Royal wedding
    Would work for a music or film awards ceremony – for a Royal wedding it comes out as too “blingy” and vulgar

17. Christine August 4, 2015 at 10:37 #

This is a bit much for a royal wedding. This is gorgeous and stunning but not BDOTY worthy IMO.

If a slow week – then yea BDOTW worthy.

18. kane August 4, 2015 at 10:24 #

That picture had me at hello. At closer inspection it is indeed the subtle background that classes up the dress. I’m not keen on the embellishments and the neckline for the occasion, but I love the skirt and the hair. I don’t think BDOTY, even longlist, but nice.

• kane August 4, 2015 at 11:00 #

To be fair, the bride and the Princess exempted, sophistication doesn’t come all too naturally to the Grimaldi clan. So in this way, Ana fits right in.

19. Evita August 4, 2015 at 10:17 #

Wow there,that is a lot for a wedding,even a royal one…But the fit of this dress on her amazing ,the color of the dress on her skin is amazing and the braid saves this from being OTT and gives the look an effortless feel! I am not too crazy about the design itself (I didn’t like a similar dress by the same collection that Li Bingbing wore to Cannes) ,mainly because of the cheap-looking embellishments which are really not my style,but this is good. Not BDOTY good but maybe BDOTW good…

20. D ya August 4, 2015 at 10:12 #

Let it go, Let it go….

21. Alina August 4, 2015 at 10:10 #

She looks gorgeous! Not a BDOTY contender in my book, but definitely BDOTW worthy.

• Fiona-Brasil August 4, 2015 at 10:53 #