Menu

16.07.15 Menswear

2015 ESPYS Red Carpet Roundup

2015 ESPYS Red Carpet Roundup

Here is a roundup of a few more looks from the 2015 ESPYS held at Microsoft Theater on Wednesday (July 15) in Los Angeles, California.

Kylie Jenner: The reality star wore a dazzling long sleeved gold metallic sequined high neck gown by Lebanese designer Shady Zeineldine.

Jake Gyllenhaal: Looking very handsome wearing a Tom Ford navy peak lapel suit, the actor joined his ‘Southpaw’ co-star Rachel McAdams on the red carpet.

Halle Berry: A long-sleeve leather dress in summer? #baffled.

2015 ESPYS Red Carpet Roundup2

Danica Patrick: The racing driver served up some tropical flavour wearing a multi-colour high-low gown with Jennifer Meyer jewels.

Lisa Leslie: The former basketball player also dressed for the season wearing a yellow gown styled with a selection of Cleopatra-esque gold jewels.

Hannah Davis: The model serves up no surprises in her embellished MikaelD mini.

Credit: Getty

Ciara In Elie Saab - 2015 ESPYS

Ciara In Elie Saab – 2015 ESPYS

Jennifer Lawrence's Christian Louboutin 'Nicobar' Caged Sandals

Jennifer Lawrence’s Christian Louboutin ‘Nicobar’ Caged Sandals

45 Responses to 2015 ESPYS Red Carpet Roundup

1. Gemma Rockets July 17, 2015 at 04:33 #

I too was disappointed that Catherine didn’t include Caitlyn until her readers let her know that they were offended. Given that catherine regularly posts pictures of Kim K to much controversy, I don’t think excluding Caitlyn on the basis of being part of the Kardashian clan makes sense. Catherine doesn’t appear to have any issues with trans* people so that can’t be the reasoning either. Caitlyn was by far the best dresses at the event and gave a moving and momentous speech about trans acceptance and should have been featured with the usual attention that catherine gives.

2. Lou July 17, 2015 at 00:47 #

With Laverne Cox’s inclusion on the site I don’t think anyone can accuse RCFA of ‘letting personal politics’ interfere with coverage. I can appreciate wanting to avoid discussions which deviate from fashion commentary but this happens all the time. I think RCFA made the right decision to include Caitlyn. Let everyone say what they want to say… and move on.

3. Phoenix July 16, 2015 at 23:26 #

None here really except Jake. Halles dress is quite awful and heavy and uncomfortable looking. Kylie is wayyyy overdressed and so wintry and heavy and inappropriate for a summer event.
    The others are meh, fine, but not of much interest.

4. Mol July 16, 2015 at 23:12 #

As Caitlyn was really the star of this event, I cannot understand why she was excluded from coverage here. She looked stunning, was styled by Angelina Jolie’s stylist and prefaced her speech with many comments about fashion and how she hoped red carpet commentators who be kind to her as a ‘beginner’. By asking for kindness, I don’t think she was asking to be excluded. I think that Catherine could easily remove any unwanted comments that took the coverage off topic. I wouldn’t be bothered by this omission if Caitlyn had just been any old guest vs a major award winner, it kind of makes the coverage here of the event random and nonsensical, which is not usually the case.

5. Evita July 16, 2015 at 22:24 #

FC probably wanted to avoid the controversy that the inclusion of Caitlyn in this post would spark,because let’s face it,not everyone is ready to embrace trans people. I mean readers of the blog used to be offended(some still are)and go crazy over the fact that a fashion blog would post about Kim, or any of the Kardashians/Jenners for that matter,FC probably feared that the same would happen with Caitlyn and like other commenters have stated before me,that the comments of the post would have gone off-topic.She obviously didn’t avoid that by not including Caitlyn in this post and I am by no means standing behind her decision,in fact I would have loved for FC to acknowledge Cait’s big red carpet debut, I understand everyone’s reasoning in the comments above and I too was not convinced by FC’s reply on Kate’s comment,but as a blog runner she has to be diplomatic and I guess that by not including Cait at all,she wanted to ensure that neither positive not negative things would be said about Cait and that she(FC) wouldn’t have to state her personal views on the matter in order to stop a catfight between commenters and lose blog visitors in the process.Let’s all cut FC some slack and focus on the important things,like Cait’s inspirational speech from the award show and hope that in the future Cait will give us many more great looks to marvel at,all or some of which will be covered by this blog.

• Genevieve July 16, 2015 at 22:57 #

It doesnt make sense given she posted about Lavern Cox several times. And as far as I know, she is a transgender too ? I dont think there is anything ” political” behind not posting her.

• Evita July 16, 2015 at 23:18 #

Yes Laverne is transgender too,but Caitlyn Jenner is much more of public figure and more of a subject of debate due to her sports achievements and the image of the alpha male that was and still is ,for most people, synonymous with an athlete,therefore Bruce Jenner too and the continuous media exposure of her and her family and all the hate that comes with that.Also let’s not forget that we were introduced to Laverne as Laverne from the start whereas Caitlyn’s transition was made after people had known Bruce Jenner for at least 10 years from KUWTK if not for his gold medal and his sports achievements before that,therefore it has taken some people more time to get used to the change.I am just trying to make sense of the situation,the comments for this post really gave me some food for thought and my comment was the result of processing that and voicing my own opinion at the same time.I hope it didn’t offend anyone.

6. Alessandra July 16, 2015 at 19:58 #

I agree, Caitlyn Jenner should have been included; she was the star of the show, she won a prestigious award and looked nothing short of amazing.

7. mm July 16, 2015 at 17:40 #

Halle Berry and long hair always way wrong

8. pinksugar July 16, 2015 at 17:04 #

I agree Caitlyn should be featured over all of these people as she was the star of the evening and wore a stunning Versace gown. This whole bunch is nothing but a hot mess. I do like Kylie’s dress but she tries WAY too hard too look like Kim (why would anyone wanna look like her?) I actually thought all the Jenner/Kardashian daughters dressed a bit too slutty for an event honoring their father.

• bfly July 16, 2015 at 17:33 #

Agreed, if the reasoning is because, “I have chosen to post the people I would usually feature from this event”, then no one “new” would ever be included. I just think it was kind of a glaring omission; like you said she was the star of the evening-and how! Certainly not wrong, just disappointing, I suppose.

• kane July 16, 2015 at 17:57 #

I don’t think this would have happened, but it may in part have been to keep the discussion going, shall we say, off-topic?

Out of these, no-one really. Jake probably, but not really memorable, or Hannah.

• Lydia July 16, 2015 at 18:33 #

It just seems odd almost wrong to omit one of the stars of thennight. The only reason that would make sense is if her images weren’t on getty

• CreoleLady July 16, 2015 at 23:09 #

@kane — What, as opposed to the “off topic” conversation potential of Kim K and the rest of the clan, including daughters Jenner? Lol. That ship has sailed. I have not forgotten the evolution of this blog’s coverage of Jenner-Kardashian. Ultimately, of course and as always, blogger’s choice.

• Marex July 16, 2015 at 23:19 #

I agree. It’s so weird to feature Caitlyn’s children, whose sole purpose for being there was Caitlyn, but not actually feature Caitlyn. It’s like when Kim wasn’t posted here, but all her looks were posted in the shop her style section. It’s a little unprofessional if you ask me. If you’re writing about celebs wearing fashion, you write about celebs wearing fashion. At not point should their life, how they choose to lead their life, or their morals be brought into the discussion. The excuse for not featuring her is pretty weak.

• Catherine Kallon July 16, 2015 at 23:52 #

The post is up now.

Enjoy.

• Fashionista July 18, 2015 at 00:40 #

Wow. That’s was really condescending. Not good Catherine.

• Pene July 18, 2015 at 09:19 #

I nominate this for the most dramatic post/unpost of the year

• Pedro July 16, 2015 at 20:55 #

Agreed!

I’m very disappointed with Catherine. That’s really sad.

9. Caroline July 16, 2015 at 14:49 #

I actually LOVE Kylie’s gown, it’s definitely beautiful, sexy and glamorous, it just wasn’t right for this event, it also looks pretty heavy for summer. I wish she could’ve worn her for some other occassion, she definitely looked way better than Kendall. My fav would be Hannah then, she looks on point, the dress is playful, sexy and appropiate for both event and season.

10. justme July 16, 2015 at 14:20 #

Halle’s outfit makes more sense than Kylie tbh. Even if it’s leather, it’s still a minidress with cut-outs. The youngest Jenner’s gold dress is killing me lol.

11. Christine July 16, 2015 at 13:02 #

Although Kylie look OK

12. Evita July 16, 2015 at 12:57 #

Τhis is probably oone of Kylie’s best “mature” rc looks after the “tranformation”. The only other person that I like is Hannah and I have to say that Jake looks very dapper

13. Markel July 16, 2015 at 12:42 #

I think Danica Patrick is wearing Matthew Williamson, I remember watching a similar gown in some online store.

In general not a great event

14. Alina July 16, 2015 at 12:06 #

Not a great event when the best dressed is a man.

• Lashae July 16, 2015 at 12:21 #

• Christine July 16, 2015 at 13:02 #

• alvaro_spain July 16, 2015 at 12:57 #

Respect for men! We are also interested in fashion!

15. Britta July 16, 2015 at 12:03 #

Disagree. Halle Berry is sexy in Teresa Helbig lace and leather minidress and Brian Atwood heels!

• Remage July 16, 2015 at 13:50 #

16. Nat39 July 16, 2015 at 11:53 #

Jake wins, sorry ladies, sharp and polished.
    Kylie is way overdressed for the event, Halle Berry looks plain awful, a model in a sparkly mini – how predictable, Danica and Lisa seem more inspired with their vibrant looks but not quite working out either.

17. Paul JJ July 16, 2015 at 11:43 #

Will you be posting about Kim and Caitlyn?

• Catherine Kallon July 16, 2015 at 13:04 #

No and no.

• Kate July 16, 2015 at 13:26 #

Just out of curiosity, why no Caitlyn feature?

• Catherine Kallon July 16, 2015 at 13:51 #

There are many people I didn’t feature at this event. I never feature everyone from every event.

I have chosen to post the people I would usually feature from this event hence the inclusion of Dancia and Lisa who I have featured at the ESPYs many times before.

I hope this adequately answers your question.

And I will volunteer some additional info. I didn’t feature Kim as there is no photo on Getty of her standing up.

• Kate July 16, 2015 at 14:23 #

Thanks for the response! I appreciate your coverage, nevertheless. I was just genuinely curious. I watched the ESPYS last night just for Caitlyn and immediately recognized the dress as Versace, and I couldn’t wait to hear what your thoughts on it were going to be.

• Genevieve July 16, 2015 at 15:49 #

Caitlyn was by far better dressed than all others posted here.

• lydia July 16, 2015 at 17:38 #

thats a shame FC, Caitlyn could have easily been a BDOTW contender

• Britta July 16, 2015 at 21:02 #

+ 1

• Mol July 16, 2015 at 18:26 #

To not feature Caityln is strange as she was really the star of the show, she looked fantastic and she won the Arthur Ashe award for courage. There are lots of pictures of her that you could have featured. Perhaps you let personal politics play a part in your decision?

• Britta July 16, 2015 at 21:01 #

+ 1

• Genevieve July 16, 2015 at 22:59 #

I dont believe is about personal politics. She posted about Lavern Cox several times.

18. alvaro_spain July 16, 2015 at 11:40 #

I like Hannah’s look the most.

• Fiona-Brasil July 16, 2015 at 12:07 #

+ 1.And Jake.

19. alvaro_spain July 16, 2015 at 11:38 #

Halle Berry is wearing Spanish designer Teresa Helbig.