Menu

Elizabeth Banks In Balmain – ‘Magic Mike XXL’ LA Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Balmain - ‘Magic Mike XXL’ LA Premiere

Elizabeth Banks attended the LA premiere of ‘Magic Mike XXL’ held at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX on Thursday (June 25) in Hollywood, California.

The actress wore a sultry, figure-forming Balmain Spring 2015 Swarovski embellished dress, with sheer inserts turning up the heat several notches.

Paired with all black accessories including a Lee Savage clutch and Pedro Garcia pumps for the ultimate after-dark polish, methinks that some might be put off by Elizabeth having to go commando to pull this look off.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Yo Dona Awards 2015 Red Carpet Roundup

Yo Dona Awards 2015 Red Carpet Roundup

Gillian Jacobs' Sophia Webster 'Flamingo' Pumps

Gillian Jacobs’ Sophia Webster ‘Flamingo’ Pumps

25 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Balmain – ‘Magic Mike XXL’ LA Premiere

1. Fiona-Brasil June 27, 2015 at 18:50 #

Balmain and the Kardashians belong together : tacky & vulgar…

2. Amy June 27, 2015 at 09:22 #

This is gorgeous. the dress fits her perfectly but the shes are a total snooze. odd choice. Overall she looks great

3. Phoenix June 27, 2015 at 01:43 #

I really like this. I think the sheer detail was well done, and she looks classy and well put together. I find the models shoes very distracting and while Elizabeth could of chosen shoes a bit more exciting, I dont find these ones taking away from the look at all. Very intriguing.

4. Nat39 June 27, 2015 at 00:28 #

I’m put off by the dull generic pumps (it’s a bold Balmain dress, come on, it calls for an edgier sandal) and while I think she does carry off the sheer inserts with class, they are still cheapening along with that jarring zipper on the back of the skirt. Nice try but it’s still not a very good look.

5. pinksugar June 26, 2015 at 21:59 #

On Kim this would have looked so, so trashy but it looks amazing on Elizabeth. I don’t find the possible ‘commando’ thing an issue because the dress doesn’t come across vulgar whatsoever. I do wish she had chosen a strappy sandal. I don’t get these stylist’s obsession with boring ole pumps year round.

• bfly June 26, 2015 at 22:46 #

Thank you dear God, that Kim did not get a hold of this first!!

6. Aminet June 26, 2015 at 21:13 #

YES, YES, & YES! Work Elizabeth! xx

7. CTgirl June 26, 2015 at 16:46 #

The sheer panels are nothing and she’s showing less skin than most brides these days (may the sheer corset bodice go the way of the dinosaur). The cut, color and shape of the dress are very flattering and the black shoes, while not exciting, are inoffensive.

8. from-chitown June 26, 2015 at 15:07 #

The dress looks great on her – her body looks slamming. The length is a bit too long, and the make up and hair are a little too matronly for this va va voom look. But I am just nit picking here – the dress is a total win.

9. Zineb June 26, 2015 at 15:06 #

I love it ! But I fear a possible wardrobe malfunction, I feel like her nipple is about to pop up any minute.

10. Arie June 26, 2015 at 14:01 #

This week is all about the EDGE. Amanda Seyfield, Amber Heard, Jenna Dewan, and Elizabeth Banks nail it!

11. François Bresmal June 26, 2015 at 13:56 #

Balmain started to sound more & more like a tacky choice considering the kind of people who have made it their go-to brand, which is such a shame because there are many many grand red-carpet-worthy designs but Elizabeth has me seeing the bright side again, I LOVE THIS LOOK. This is how you do Balmain right

• sophie June 26, 2015 at 17:07 #

Francois, you are totally right: Balmain (like Roberto Cavalli and Alexandre Vauthier) has been polluted by the tacky people who wear it (with a few exceptions).

Elizabeth proves Balmain can be classy.

12. Karen June 26, 2015 at 13:44 #

Love this! This tops my BDOTW!

13. bisbee June 26, 2015 at 13:28 #

The shoes in the runway look are SO much better!

14. Burcu June 26, 2015 at 12:11 #

She is the one never makes us get bored! The dress was prefect on her but sure pretty sandals should have been preffered!

15. jones19 June 26, 2015 at 11:56 #

I love that Elizabeth always brings ultra glamour and color to red carpets, she’s amazing!

16. Chris June 26, 2015 at 11:54 #

I like it! I think she totally pulls this off, I even think that although the black clutch and black pumps are not the most interesting choice, they do work in this case.

17. Kim June 26, 2015 at 11:51 #

WOW! Shame about the shoes, a strappy sandal would have lifted this look but a solid 9/10

• Burcu June 26, 2015 at 12:09 #

+1 and i am in love with the dress

18. kane June 26, 2015 at 11:48 #

First impression: WOW! Second impression of course: the all black accessories… the sandals on the runway add some sizzle to it in a good way. Also that make up… piled on in not the greatest way, must be said.

However: I am not as great a fan of her style as many here, so I’ll go back to my original impression and have this down as a win.

19. Yeliz June 26, 2015 at 11:45 #

This dress has the potential to look very tacky on the hands on someone else, but it looks stunning on Elizabeth, imo. I would’ve expected better shoes, though, since her shoe game is usually strong.

• Evita June 26, 2015 at 12:01 #

+1 The shoes are the only thing preventing me from loving the look 100%

• dee June 26, 2015 at 14:33 #

20. Christine June 26, 2015 at 11:43 #

I like the dress on her. Don’t care for the shoes of course