Menu

Kim Kardashian In Balmain &  LaQuan Smith - Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity

On Wednesday (June 24) pregnant reality star Kim Kardashian arrived in Cannes, France for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.

Sudler Forum: Her first look of the day was predictably Balmain. The look, which hails from the Fall 2015 collection, was surprisingly covered up. I would’ve loved something fresh and summery considering the season and location, but her penchant for all things black doesn’t appear to change for anything. You may remember that Sophie Marceau wore this same look during Cannes Film Festival.

Daily Mail Party: Kim’s LaQuan Smith lace dress left little to the imagination. At this point, we’ve been there and done that many times before. Kim needs a new shock tactic, as this is beyond tired.

LaQuan Smith

Credit: Style.com, LaQuan Smith, Getty & FameFlynet

Valentino Spring 2016 Menswear Front Row

Valentino Spring 2016 Menswear Front Row

Emmy Rossum In Blumarine - Vogue 120 Fetes LA

Emmy Rossum In Blumarine – Vogue 120 Fetes LA

34 Responses to Kim Kardashian In Balmain & LaQuan Smith – Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity

1. Phoenix June 27, 2015 at 02:06 #

Frankly I like seeing her on here. I almost always giggle and facepalm.
    Most of the celebrities (or their stylists) on here know how to dress for their body shapes/dress for class and taste/dress appropriately…. its healthy to laugh.

• Amy June 27, 2015 at 09:28 #

me too. We can’t have everybody dressing well, that doesn’t make good “TV”, we need some “ugly ducks” once in a while and if Kim wants to fill that gap, good for her.
      Honestly she looks terrible here, the fit of the clothes is completely wrong and her obsession with sheer is eyerolls-enducing

2. charlotte June 26, 2015 at 03:38 #

tired..tacky….and need I say more??
    that Balmain piece looked so good on the model thought…such a shame

3. eminere June 25, 2015 at 23:43 #

She is so vile.

4. AJ June 25, 2015 at 21:02 #

Of the two looks, number one is definitely better. I think she looks great in Balmain attire.

5. Paulo June 25, 2015 at 20:18 #

The problem I have with Kim’s fashion choices is there never seems to be an “ease” in anything she wears – it always looks like she was wedged in whatever it is she’s wearing. It’s so constricting just looking at her.

6. bfly June 25, 2015 at 20:08 #

I have seen a couple of reruns of her show from the first season recently, and man has her face changed! She has, at this point, taken it way too far. She looks so plastic, and its too bad, because like many other celebs who get plastic surgery, she looked so much more beautiful before.

Anyway, on topic, neither of these looks are any good. Such a shame to have so much money, so much beauty, and access to great designer duds, yet end up looking like this. I truly don’t get it.

7. Caroline June 25, 2015 at 19:59 #

Tbh I think she rocks the first look, the 2nd one is tacky, boring and predictable but she looks wonderful in her Balmain ensemble. The brand really works for her.

8. Bailey June 25, 2015 at 19:11 #

Surprise, surprise, she looks terrible..

• Catherine Kallon June 26, 2015 at 08:22 #

• bfly June 27, 2015 at 00:52 #

Yes, Sophie looked SO much better in it, hard to believe it’s the same outfit.

• Phoenix June 27, 2015 at 01:59 #

Aha!! I thought I had seen this from somewhere else.
      Sophie wears it a million times better. In fact, so much so, I would think this one is a slightly different version.

9. meme June 25, 2015 at 18:27 #

The first one looks awful on her and the second outfit is just the usual trashy way she likes to dress. Kimmode and Kanye do not know how to dress her body top and her face looks so plastic. I do not understand the fashion world’s obsession with her. She makes all the designer clothes she wears look cheap.

10. sophie June 25, 2015 at 17:46 #

I thought we agreed to only feature this self-objectifying…doll at the CFDA Awards or the MET Gala?

Sorry I say that with every post of Kanye West’s wife, but I feel a little trust has been broken- with respect FC, you don’t need her for views, your career and blog was already rockin’.

She needs to not have Kanye dictate what she wears.

• Christine June 25, 2015 at 19:44 #

I realized over the weekend with the BDOTW polls that rules can be broken here.

It is what it is.

• Remage June 25, 2015 at 21:23 #

Well said, +1

• Remage June 25, 2015 at 21:24 #

I meant this in support of what Sophie wrote.

• Bec June 26, 2015 at 01:51 #

I don’t get why everyone gets so offended that she is featured on this site – seriously guys, get over yourselves.

I’m not a fan of hers, but she is one of the biggest celebrities in the world (whether you like it or not) and she attends a lot of events and wears big name designers so why wouldn’t Catherine feature her?

It’s not like her street style gets posted every day – in fact the last time Catherine posted about Kim was on the 2nd of June – 24 DAYS AGO.

Calm your farm people – scroll on by if you don’t like it.

• Jenny June 26, 2015 at 03:06 #

She is one of the biggest reality star in the world, yes.
        BUT this is indeed a fashion site not tabloid, it’s not us to care why a reality star known for a sex tape is on the cover of vogue but her style is really out of control.

Showing skin everywhere anywhere even when you’re pregnant but the problem is she doesn’t know how to dress for her body type.

Also if this site were to feature kim’s streetstyle and all bout her, I’ll skip the site just my opinion

• Desriee June 26, 2015 at 04:50 #

Jenny, I second your comment. Bec, STFU. The fact you remember when Catherine last posted when this garbage was on this site, says a lot about you.

• Bec June 26, 2015 at 09:33 #

Wow. The fact that you think people who don’t share the same opinions as you should ‘STFU’ and that you seem to believe I remembered when she last posted (are you serious?) instead of simply clicking on the ‘Kim Kardashian’ tag says a lot about you and your intellect also ?

• Jazz June 26, 2015 at 21:30 #

These people are morons! Bec- I agree with you completely. She’s a huge celeb. There are a lot of celebs featured on the site that I dislike, but this isn’t anything personal- its a fashion blog about celebs!

• Amanda June 26, 2015 at 22:23 #

I’m with you too Bec, people get so worked up over her it’s bizarre. It doesn’t lessen this site in anyway in my opinion either.

Love or hate she is a prominent pup cultural figure who is frequently photographed in designer clothing.

I like that Catherine features a broad range of celebrities and fashion… some looks may be good and some may be bad… some celebs I am fond of, others not so much. The point is it all gets us talking about fashion and its’ all subjective anyway.

Telling someone to STFU is unacceptable and speaks volumes of the commenter.

11. Christine June 25, 2015 at 17:37 #

Not liking either looks. So déjà vu and nothing we haven’t seen from her. Same ol song and dance

• Yeliz June 25, 2015 at 19:24 #

12. Reduceri haine June 25, 2015 at 16:57 #

Love her body!

13. Marcel June 25, 2015 at 15:53 #

Her picture has a medicinal effect on me : EMETIC .

14. pinksugar June 25, 2015 at 15:43 #

The fact Vogue and a few other major fashion magazines declare this woman stylish astounds me. I don’t mind the black, in fact I found it utterly obnoxious when she went on her no black strike but the fit of everything is what is always the main issue. Kim thinks she has Kendall’s body and she doesn’t, far from it. Kim has a great figure, she just has no clue how to dress it. I actually like the first look, sans the awful length of the pants. The second look is so been there, done that, unflattering, and beyond tacky for an expectant mother. I don’t if Kanye is sending her out like this, or if it’s still Monica Rose, but girlfriend needs help ASAP.

• AB June 25, 2015 at 15:52 #

ITA. Kim has no idea how to dress for her shape. She is attractive but what she wears lessens her beauty and just makes her look ridiculous. Her second look is just so oh please not again!!!

• Leto June 25, 2015 at 17:11 #

Totally agree on every single point!
      As a designer, I would forbid her to wear my stuff!

15. Nicky June 25, 2015 at 15:43 #

First look is very nice, second look is ridiculous.

16. Britta June 25, 2015 at 15:37 #

Yes, been there, done that – over and over again!

17. Evita June 25, 2015 at 15:17 #

Why is the long hair back? In the first look the pants are too long,they look like pyjama pants, the color combo is tacky,it’s not season-appropriate. In the second look, the turtleneck comes too far up,the length is awkward but that’s about it ,yet another typical Kim K look. YAWN!!!