Menu

02.06.15

2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup

An additional chic set of lovelies were among the constellation of style stars at the 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards, hosted at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center on Monday (June 1) in New York City.

Katie Holmes: I really wanted to love the actress’s one-of-a-kind Ralph Lauren Collection deep-green silk charmeuse evening dress accented with Ralph Lauren vintage jewels. Shame about the wrinkles in the dress and the long, barely-styled hair that hid the beautiful earrings.

Abigail Spencer: It was delightful to see such a bright, patterned Novis dress, where the bold colour continued with royal purple Malone Souliers Dawn Mules heels and a magenta lip. The end result was captivatingly fresh and charming, even if it appeared slightly less formal than some of the other entrances.

Gigi Hadid: This Michael Kors Resort 2016 glittery jumpsuit had a distinct Studio 54 vibe, but the model wore it so well, creating a chicly modern appeal with Michael Kors ‘Jacqueline’ sandals, a metallic Michael Kors clutch, and Atelier Swarovski jewels.

2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 2

Karlie Kloss: While the supermodel doesn’t always make the biggest splash on the red carpet, she did have some fun with this polka-dot Diane von Furstenberg Fall 2015 plunge gown, also amping up her beauty look with a red lip and wavy locks.

Victoria Beckham: That signature pose wasn’t the only thing that struck a familiar chord in this look. She has worn this Victoria Beckham black dress, accessorized here with Jacob & Co jewels, at least three times before.

Lily Aldridge: The model’s Thakoon midnight-blue sequin, slit-to-there dress was just asking for a dance party. But the sheer frock fell at an awkward length, which compromised its spirited flair. Vampy black Tabitha Simmons heels, Eva Fehern jewels, Tabitha Simmons shoes and a Lee Savage clutch completed the look.

2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 3

Ashley Judd: I have no doubt that this Badgley Mischka Fall 2015 golden-laced gown with a cape train was a work of art. But the gilding was so ornamental that it translated as a bit too precious and overdone—and it made her lacklustre hair and makeup all the more apparent.

Janelle Monae: Also giving into a gilt complex, the singer stunned in a custom Tadashi Shoji gold filigree cape dress that was every bit as regal, cool, and mod as we’d expect. While she didn’t hold back on her accessories, wearing a white Edie Parker clutch, Christian Louboutin ‘Benedette’ metallic sandals, and Lorraine Schwartz and OFIRA jewels, they all worked to enhance the look rather than distract from it.

2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 4

Carmen Ejogo: I desperately wanted to understand the meaning behind the actress’s eponymous Carmen Ejogo black dress, but between the grommets, shredded straps, and apron-style appendage around her waist, I was at a loss. The Monique Péan jewels were the only thing I’d salvage.

Katharine McPhee: The singer-actress pieced together a look comprised of an Amanda Wakeley vest and Paule Ka black skirt and white crop top, paired with a Marina B ring, Lee Savage clutch, and Rena Caovilla shoes that were far too decorative. Reminiscent of a lab coat, the vest put the ensemble in the territory of scholarly, sexy pharmacist.

Brittany Snow: The actress reflected the sheer black detailing of her teal Rachel Roy + RVN dress in her black sandals, with a small black Edie Parker clutch and sleekly straightforward hair and makeup completing the look.

2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 5

Vanessa Hudgens: The starlet wore a youthfully sophisticated Sachin & Babi Noir Resort 2016 high-low gown with Casa Reale jewels.

Taraji P. Henson: Continuing to show off her sultry side, the ‘Empire’ actress donned a burgundy Vera Wang dress that mixed minimalistic appeal with a sexy front slit. Maxior earrings, an Astley Clarke ring, and Gianvito Rossi sandals finished the look.

2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 6

Petra Nemcova: Wearing her Max Azria Atelier gown with effortless ease, the model was the picture of elegant seduction, perfecting the look with a gold clutch and a sweetly braided updo.

Chrissy Teigen: I was captivated by the simple yet impactful architecture of this white Solace London ‘Chaka’ dress that was classically paired with Stuart Weitzman black Nudist sandals, a Swarovski clutch, and David Yurman jewels

Natasha Poly: This red Michael Kors cape gown had Natasha’s name written all over it, and she worked every angle and slit to her advantage. Both the colour and the golden accessories including a box clutch and Michael Kors ‘Jacqueline’ sandals alongside Lorraine Schwartz jewels helped enhance the expected nature of the dress.

2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 7

Liya Kebede: Engaging in a major game of pattern play, the model zigged and zagged in this Altuzarra Resort 2016 allover beaded frock styled with strappy sandals and a clutch that was a bit too large for its own good.

Hilary Rhoda: Sheer and shapeless tapestry is all that came to mind with this J. Mendel gown that prompted the feeling that Hilary can do so much better.

Jhene Aiko: I was applauding the simple, seductive refinement of this body-con, red Prabal Gurung gown—until my gaze traveled to those black and white platform shoes. While they apply to the singer-songwriter’s edgier side, they have no place with this dress.

2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup 8

Joan Smalls: The plunging front of the Calvin Klein Collection zipper dress gave way to an equally revealing backless side, all accessorized by Jennifer Fisher jewelry and Aquazzura gold ‘Linda’ sandals. No matter the amount of blue eye shadow, though, it couldn’t take away from some seemingly poor fit issues of the dress.

Jemima Kirke: While I appreciate the British actress’s willingness to wear a more directional look, this voluminous Rosie Assoulin crop top and ballgown skirt left something to be desired and was none too flattering to her petite frame.

Credit: Getty

The Net-A-Porter US Sale Is Now On

The Net-A-Porter US Sale Is Now On

Emmy Rossum's AQUA Gingham Sleeveless Shirt Dress And Paul Andrew 'Petra' Raffia Pumps

Emmy Rossum’s AQUA Gingham Sleeveless Shirt Dress And Paul Andrew ‘Petra’ Raffia Pumps

36 Responses to 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Alina June 4, 2015 at 07:42 #

Gigi, Vanessa and Natasha.

Abigail looks lovely, but not for this event.

2. RockandDors June 4, 2015 at 01:52 #

Any ideas about the designer/brand of Carmen Ejogo’s shoes?

3. gabis June 3, 2015 at 20:51 #

Wow, what a bunch of meh looks. Some are nicer than others but not a single one to get excited about. Very underwhelming event.

4. Yeliz June 3, 2015 at 16:07 #

That’s quite a well dressed bunch, I like a lot of looks here. My favourite is Gigi as well, she looks amazing. I also like Petra, Natasha, Janelle and Chrissy’s looks, although I also think that Chrissy’s dress does look a bit too similar to Caitriona Balfe’s orange Solace London dress. Britanny and Katharine look both great, but a bit underwhelming for the event.

5. Celeblook June 3, 2015 at 12:31 #

I have to say Katie Holmes looks great in her dress, Victoria Beckham is stylish as always she knows how to pull off a really good look. I also liked Taraji P henson outfit she looked real classy I am sure “cookie” would have liked this outfit. Gigi Hadid also gets top marks in her jumpsuit outfit and it reminds me of something Charlies Angels would wear. I really wasnt feeling Janelle Monae’s outfit, don’t get me wrong I love Janelle and her quirkyness but I think she may look back on this and think she was part of the new star wars cast. I still love her though. x

6. pinksugar June 3, 2015 at 05:01 #

Chrissy looks the best here (even if she did split the dress). I also like Lily’s dress but her constant boring hair/makeup bring down the sultry appeal of the look. I also like Janelle’s outfit but again with the distracting hair, please stop Everyone went gaga over Gigi but I am not getting the fuss. . Kat McPhee looks so silly I can’t even deal.

7. Valissa June 3, 2015 at 01:54 #

Gigi looks amazing and is the best of the bunch. I also like Victoria, Janelle and Natasha.

8. bfly June 3, 2015 at 01:47 #

I am missing Kelly Osbourne (awards and after party), Diane Kruger (after party), and Hannah Davis (awards). All those looks were awesome.

9. Kate June 3, 2015 at 01:44 #

Gigi, Karlie, Victoria, Janelle and Natasha were the best IMO.

Worst:
    Lily Aldridge. The dress itself is nice but that’s it. The hair looks terrible and is completely inappropriate for an event such as this, and the makeup makes her look washed out. The shoes don’t go with the dress either.

Carmen Ejogo: looks like a throwaway from the Marc Jacobs S/S 2015 collection. Nothing good about it.

Brittany Snow: Matronly, from the dress to the hair. It ages her 10 years.

Jemima Kirke: The color is the one positive of her entire look. The rest looks messy.

10. Bailey June 3, 2015 at 01:24 #

Gigi looks gorgeous and I like Petra’s dress

11. alvaro_spain June 3, 2015 at 00:27 #

My faves are: Gigi Hadid, Katharine McPhee, Petra Nemcova, Chrissy Teigen and Natasha Poly.

12. TinaL June 3, 2015 at 00:18 #

Karlie and Gigi.

13. Bec June 3, 2015 at 00:07 #

I think Gigi deserves a special mention in BDOTW for wearing a jumpsuit that is hemmed perfectly……this is the first one in recent memory that isn’t dragging along the floor!! 😀

14. Raphael June 2, 2015 at 23:14 #

Gigi looks stunning, the best for me

15. Dil June 2, 2015 at 22:59 #

Katherine McPhee looks incredible! Love the clutch and the shoes!

16. bfly June 2, 2015 at 22:40 #

I like a lot of these looks. My favorites are Karlie, Brittany, Chrissy (shockingly), and Janelle. Gigi gets an honorable mention. The worst are Katie and Carmen, and Liya’s look ain’t too good either. On someone else, I think Jemima’s could have been epic, and I think I would’ve loved Katharine’s with different shoes. Abigail’s look is good to, but for a much more casual affair.

17. Carrie June 2, 2015 at 22:34 #

I’ve been in love with that Novis dress for a while! Even more so now – even if it didn’t quite fit the formality of this event…

Gigi, Chrissy, and Natasha were some of my faves from the evening.

18. Arwa June 2, 2015 at 22:09 #

I love the retro vibe going on in Katie’s look. I haven’t seen her this good in a very long time. Gigi is super gorgeous it’s not easy to look that good in this sparkly/super tight jumpsuit. And Chrissy looked elegant I think this clean lines kinda designs suit her better that the super glamorous ones.

19. Fiona-Brasil June 2, 2015 at 21:40 #

IMHO only Karlie, Katie and Gigi are hits…

20. jenny June 2, 2015 at 21:29 #

I felt Lily aldridge’s dress worked to her advantage, the proportions made her looked long and lean.
    loved the fact she had the confidence to wear such nude makeup and tone it down a notch with slits and skin.

Love gigi, tailored to perfection and teraji as well, the hair glam it up a notch!

21. kane June 2, 2015 at 21:29 #

Karlie had me at hello, she looks fantastic! Janelle, as usual, too.

22. Sanya June 2, 2015 at 21:26 #

For me Karlie has a BDOTW worthy look. She looks great. It’s so nice to see her dressed in something more materie than Versace.

23. Carol June 2, 2015 at 21:21 #

BRAVO KATIE! Thanks for standing out with class and elegance. I haven’t seen her look this good in a while. That gown gives me life. Best dressed right after Diane. Jhene looks amazing too, I love the gown, the shoes, everything. She looks neat, practically perfect. The colour suits her well. Thank you Prabal Gurung for yet another hit last night. The rest are doing nothing for me, except for maybe Lily, I think that dress is beautiful and she wears it gracefully yet sexy at the same time.

24. Noemi June 2, 2015 at 21:19 #

I think that Katie Holmes looks great, I love her long hair. My favorite ones are Janelle Monae and Petra Nemcova. Victoria Beckham looks great, too.

25. Caroline June 2, 2015 at 21:16 #

I love Katie’s dress. She looks amazing. 100% elegance and the colour is perfection, so is the fabric, I can admit a few wrinkles and her boring hairstyle. Gigi’s jumpsuit is…. I have no words, it is dreadful, I don’t care what anyone says. I liked Natasha, Jhene and Taraji out of the rest of the bunch. Diane Kruger still best dressed of the night for me.

• Caroline June 2, 2015 at 21:17 #

* I like Lily too.

26. shaphalf June 2, 2015 at 21:13 #

I’m living for this Katharine McPhee outfit. She looks amazing.

27. Keltie Knight June 2, 2015 at 21:07 #

GIGI for the WIN!!!!! she looked STUNNING.

• Fanny June 2, 2015 at 22:17 #

I agree!!! It’s an amazing look and she’s totally selling it.
      I also like Janelle Monae, I like that she always manage to dress for the occasion while sticking to her own style at the same time.

28. Nat39 June 2, 2015 at 20:57 #

Gigi, Petra and Chrissy (although I believe we’ve seen this gown on Caitriona Balfe in orange). Abigail is lovely but a bit too casual and Janelle’s hair is distracting as usual.

• Nat39 June 2, 2015 at 21:01 #

Brittany Snow looks very polished and pulled together but I wish she’d done a little bit more for the event.

29. Chris June 2, 2015 at 20:55 #

Karlie is my favorite of the bunch, followed by Janelle. I also like Lily and Abigail. Ashley’s dress is great imo, but it somehow doesn’t totally work, she doesn’t completely pull it of, also because of the lacklustre hair and make-up, I agree on that…

30. Britta June 2, 2015 at 20:50 #

Victoria Beckham’s jewelry is vintage from Louisa Guinness!

• Ellen Siemens June 2, 2015 at 21:50 #

And her ever-so-slightly turned up mouth for an even faux smile is straight from the heavens … at last?!?!

31.  Rosanna June 2, 2015 at 20:42 #

Janelle, Victoria and Katherine all look great.

32. Christine June 2, 2015 at 20:40 #

My favorites are Karlie, Chrissy, Lily and Janelle.

I like the following but: I like Gigi’s looks minus the large clutch. Katherine minus the fug shoes & same for Jhene – minus the fug shoes.

Kate Holmes hair is a mess.