Menu

21.05.15

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Here is a roundup of the models who attended amfAR’s 22nd Cinema Against AIDS Gala at Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc on Thursday (May 21) in Cap d’Antibes, France.

Karolína Kurková: On this occasion, the model wore an Alexis Mabille Couture gown which was a cleverly reworked shirt dress. It’s all in the details.

Karlie Kloss: The model continued to impress on the red carpet, this time smouldering in Tom Ford.

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala 2

Doutzen Kroes: I was captivated by both the colour and simple style of her Margiela gown.

Adriana Lima: Continuing to show affection for black dresses, the model let her sultry side run wild tonight in this cut-out Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2015 Couture gown.

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala 3

Anja Rubik: While the colour and style of her Dsquared2 gown is gorgeous, I’m not too fond of the waxy-looking fabric.

Eva Herzigová: The model dazzled in a head-to-toe Dior look, but added yet more bling via her Chopard jewels.
Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala 4

Liu Wen: The model looked supremely elegant in her velvet Vionnet black gown, despite its season-inappropriateness.

Irina Shayk: The model wore a strapless, emerald-green Atelier Versace gown intricately woven with Swarovski crystal beading and styled with matching green Versace shoes. Nothing about this look shocks me.

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala 5

Izabel Goulart: Leaving the sequins at home in favour of some serious bling, the model continued her 100% record of looking fabulous at this event.

Kendall Jenner: The model took up the majority of the red carpet, wearing a custom Calvin Klein Collection look featuring a voluminous, high-waist skirt and bandeau tie-top, which is in tune with her other beachy look from yesterday.

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala 6

Toni Garrn: The model served up plenty of flare in her summery Elie Saab watercolour gown. You may remember Freida Pinto wore the short version recently.

Joan Smalls: The model in Givenchy has always been a winning combination, but the look fell flat for me on this occasion.

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala 7

Barbara Palvin: If Barbara Palvin’s goal was to heat up the red carpet, she succeeded in her La Perla Atelier gown.

Lara Stone: I’m not sure the draping of this gold Saint Laurent gown is particularly flattering for Lara.

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala 8

Gigi Hadid: The model let it all hang out in Tom Ford.

Lily Donaldson: The British model kept is simple again in Saint Laurent. You may remember that Datoka Johnson wore the white version.

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala 9

Jourdan Dunn: The British model showcased her figure – and more besides – wearing a Vera Wang gown, which I would’ve loved to have seen in a more vibrant hue.

Sara Sampaio: The Portuguese model also went down the sultry route, wearing a Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2015 gown slashed to the waist and the thigh.

Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala 10

Isabeli Fontana: With so many cut-outs, I’m surprised there is much fabric left on Isabeli’s Redemption gown.

Natasha Poly: Purring like a black panther, the model served up plenty of sex-appeal despite being mostly covered up in Saint Laurent.

Credit: Getty

January Jones' J Brand 'Demi' Patched Pocked Flare Jeans & Mackage Flori Suede Moto Jacket

January Jones’ J Brand ‘Demi’ Patched Pocked Flare Jeans & Mackage Flori Suede Moto Jacket

Chrissy Teigen's Alaïa Laser-Cut Leather Sandals

Chrissy Teigen’s Alaïa Laser-Cut Leather Sandals

52 Responses to Models @ 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

1. Ana Laura May 23, 2015 at 17:25 #

Adriana continuous with her vampy look but in this occasion Lily got also that kind of look and she looks way better.

2. Fiona - Perth May 23, 2015 at 09:56 #

Gigi looks ridiculous and I cannot believe Tom Ford designed that and let her out wearing it. Karolina looks beautiful but I wish the top had been hiked up just a bit so it did not look as though it was about to fall down. Irina – beautiful dress but they forgot to line it. Lily’s dress is lovely but so bare on top, other photos were so very unflattering. How do you sit or move at all in a bodice so tiny?

3. Fanny May 22, 2015 at 16:39 #

Looks like they all stepped their game up for this gala. Karolina, Izabel, Kendall and Sara are my favourites. I love Anjas whole look, but the fabric comes across a bit plastic.

4. meme May 22, 2015 at 15:14 #

Doutzen looks stunning as usual; the rest are ticky tacky. Tom Ford makes women look so trashy these days. Gigi looks like a hooker.

5. Dorothy May 22, 2015 at 15:11 #

Karolina looks beautiful and elegant. The color and subtle shimmer of the gown’s fabric is lovely against her skin.

6. Martina May 22, 2015 at 12:10 #

I miss Petra Nemcova here, she finally looked great in Cannes. I also like Toni and Sara.

7. Noemi May 22, 2015 at 09:52 #

I only like Doutzen Kroes and Lily Donaldson. Most of them looks really tacky. We know that modesl have great body, showing off this way is so necessary?

8. Laura May 22, 2015 at 08:58 #

I hate Jourdan Dunn, she is a stick with plastic boobs, horrible!

• Marina May 23, 2015 at 12:23 #

Any fashion related opinions?…

9. Katia May 22, 2015 at 08:44 #

Hm is like if you didn’t wanted to write anything at all on some of this looks…

10. Rachel May 22, 2015 at 08:41 #

There is no special look here, but I really like the dress Kendall is wearing, the only problem is that I have never liked her hair.
    And I agree with someone else saying that Karlie’s looks never touch the floor, why?

11. TL May 22, 2015 at 08:15 #

Not liking or hating any look from the models. It’s just okay, or a little bit disappointing. They could, and should do better in my view. Won’t remember any look by tomorrow.

12. Theresa May 22, 2015 at 07:54 #

Despite how gorgeous Doutzen is, the dress is a bit unflattering. I think Benedict Cumberbatch’s wife wore it as a maternity dress a few months ago?

13. lily May 22, 2015 at 07:45 #

Irina’s dress looks like a sheer version of the dress Amy Adams wore to vanity fair party this year.
    it’s a good dress and the colour is divine on her but i wish it wasn’t sheer

14. alvaro_spain May 22, 2015 at 07:36 #

Where is DARIA STROKOUS? Shr was one of the best dressed of the event in a green sequined Alexandre Vaulthier.

15. Alina May 22, 2015 at 06:29 #

Izabel was my favourite at this event.

• Iva May 25, 2015 at 11:29 #

16. TL May 22, 2015 at 06:08 #

Sara Sampaio is portuguese though…

17. Jeremy May 22, 2015 at 05:16 #

Wow. There are a lot of great looks here.

Kendall … just breathtaking. She exudes such gracefulness and quiet confidence. It really surprises me to say it. The colour of the dress is stunning. She’s my favourite of the bunch, I think.

Karolina … loooove this dress! So fresh and unique. The colour is heaven against her skin and the fabric looks so soft. Hair and makeup both gorgeous, as well. Second fav.

Karlie … probably the best she’s ever looked on the red carpet. There are a ton of other pics and she is oooozes sexy bombshell in a way I haven’t seen from her before. Love it!

Jourdan … great dress — agree 100% the colour is letting her down and makes everything look a bit dull. If it were vibrant, perhaps chartreuse (and her makeup and accessories were complimentary), she could’ve been a standout.

Eva … I adore Eva Herzigova. Ever since her famous leather photoshoot on the beach drew hundreds of photographers way back in, maybe 1995, she’s been synonymous with Cannes for me. But, honestly, she looks ill. There’s a sadness in her eyes that’s making it difficult to enjoy this look.

18. sanette May 22, 2015 at 03:43 #

Karolina looks absolutely stunning, I’m in love with that dress and fabric.

19. cherryna May 22, 2015 at 03:42 #

FC, Sara Sampaio is Portugese model

20. Ariya May 22, 2015 at 03:39 #

Toni is the best for me among the models along with Chanel.
    Doutzen, Izabel, Barbara also look great.
    Kendall looks pretty but I am tired of seeing her midriff everytime and the shape of skirt is very wierd.
    Also I will never understand why Karlie’s dresses never touch the floor. Yes she is very tall but atleast custom can be made properly.

21. Christy May 22, 2015 at 02:05 #

Izabel, and Natasha look the best here.

22. pinksugar May 22, 2015 at 01:38 #

Adriana, Doutzen, and Karolina all look gorgeous. I am so sick of seeing Irina’s breasts and Kendall’s midriff I could hurl.

23. Phoenix May 22, 2015 at 01:30 #

I’m not interested in any of the looks here tbh.

24. TeaAtTwo May 22, 2015 at 01:06 #

Doutzen is the only look that I like here. Karolina looks fine but I always expect to be wowed -though she has had some duds- from her and this doesn’t. Toni looks quite nice but everyone else looks try hard.

25. Maria May 22, 2015 at 00:28 #

Irina is super hot in this Versace. Lucky Bradley Cooper .Liu Wen is worst for me. Where did you see ”supreme elegance” there? LOL

• Catherine Kallon May 22, 2015 at 08:21 #

Well, there are no cut-outs, no deep plunge, no sheer elements, so yes, I stand by statement thank you very much

26. Bailey May 22, 2015 at 00:26 #

Kendall’s is my favourite and I kind of like Jourdan’s too, but would prefer there was no cutout on the bust

27. Carol May 22, 2015 at 00:20 #

Adriana, Irina, Gigi and Isabeli, REALLY? Anyways…. Kendall, Izabel and Lily are the only ones I 100% enjoyed seeing tonight.

28. gabis May 22, 2015 at 00:20 #

Doutzen, Toni and Kendall look amazing. Love their looks.
    Isabelli and Adriana look pretty awful.

29. Pedro May 22, 2015 at 00:16 #

Izabel and Kendall were my favs!

Gorgeous

• bfly May 22, 2015 at 01:33 #

Mine as well. Everyone else fell far below expectations for this event.

30. Marisa May 22, 2015 at 00:08 #

Sara Sampaio is portuguese not brazilian…
    BTW, loved Doutzen Kroes! So simple yet perfect!!

• SaraInes May 22, 2015 at 00:21 #

Yes, please fix it. Sara Sampaio is Portuguese.

31. kane May 22, 2015 at 00:02 #

Not impressed by anyone here.

• François Bresmal May 22, 2015 at 01:54 #

Me neither! Hot mess from A to Z! It’s either try (too) hard, WTF or dated… No one stands out for me here

• Fiona-Brasil May 22, 2015 at 02:08 #

+ 2

• jhh36 May 22, 2015 at 05:59 #

32. EA May 21, 2015 at 23:59 #

Sara Sampaio is Portuguese.

What is up with Kendall’s hair. It has been so sloppy looking in all her Cannes looks

33. Grha Pramana May 21, 2015 at 23:58 #

Liu Wen is wearing Vionnet, as she said in her instagram.
    my favorite here is Izabel Goulart

34. Yeliz May 21, 2015 at 23:56 #

Toni is my favourite of the bunch. Love the dress and how season appropriate it is, she looks gorgeous. I also like Karlie, Doutzen and Kendall’s looks.

35. Caroline May 21, 2015 at 23:53 #

Izabel, Kendall, Karlie, Lily and Lara were my favs.
    Izabel looks AMAZING in that gown, I love a perfectly good black and white dress from time to time. Kendall surprised me with her choice, she looks chic and sexy. Karlie didn’t captivate me but this looks better than any of her questionable red carpet choices. Lily looks elegant, classy, on point and I’ve got to disagree on Lara, I think she looks sexy yet elegant.

36. Nat39 May 21, 2015 at 23:49 #

Karolina’s bodice looks so small, cheap and poorly made. A disappointing look, she doesn’t look particularly excited either.
    Doutzen Kroes and Izabel Goulart of the bunch.

37. Zineb May 21, 2015 at 23:45 #

The models really stepped up their game and stole the spotlight (there weren’t many big names either).

38. Olivia May 21, 2015 at 23:44 #

I quite like Kendall’s but I can’t really tell if I actually like it or if I’m just relieved that its not as bad as yesterdays.

39. BeFabulous May 21, 2015 at 23:41 #

Izabel and Doutzen are my favorite here. First word that spring to my mind upon seeing Irina is tacky!

P.S. Sara Sampaio is portuguese, not brazilian.

40. Chris May 21, 2015 at 23:40 #

I was already quite impressed by Karlie yesterday and today I am even more. Usually I don’t care that much for her red carpet looks, but lately, she’s doing quite good. Especially today. I really like it.
    I also like Lily Donaldson and Kendall Jenner here. Eva Herzigová and Toni Garrn look pretty good as well, Karolína Kurková choice is interesting. I don’t like the rest.

41. Ana May 21, 2015 at 23:40 #

Sara Sampaio is a Portuguese model

42. Alex v May 21, 2015 at 23:38 #

Every single look in this post had me at wow! It’s hard to pick the best ones but here’s my top three:
    Carolina
    Toni
    And surprisingly Irina Shayk caught my attention since I saw that dress on blogger Chiara Ferragni’s Snapchat.

Oh and by the way I really hope you can post Chiara Ferragni & Hofit Golan’s look

43. Cátia May 21, 2015 at 23:35 #

Sara Sampaio is not brazilian, she is portuguese!

44. Christine May 21, 2015 at 23:31 #

Toni looks wonderful! She werked that dress.