Menu

Aishwarya Rai In Elie Saab Couture – 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Aishwarya Rai In Elie Saab Couture - 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Aishwarya Rai attended amfAR’s 22nd Cinema Against AIDS Gala at Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc on Thursday (May 21) in Cap d’Antibes, France.

As you know, I wasn’t a huge fan of her first Elie Saab dress, so I was delighted with take 2.

This gorgeous creation, which hails from the Spring 2014 Couture collection, may now be considered safe by some following her bold choice from last night, but I have to say this is Aishwarya at her best.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kendall Jenner's Versace 'Medusa' Hi-Top Sneakers And Givenchy 'Lucrezia' Bowling Bag

Kendall Jenner’s Versace ‘Medusa’ Hi-Top Sneakers And Givenchy ‘Lucrezia’ Bowling Bag

Mary J Blige In Versace - 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Mary J Blige In Versace – 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

18 Responses to Aishwarya Rai In Elie Saab Couture – 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

1. paige May 22, 2015 at 13:07 #

This is such a beautiful look. The color and floral appliques are perfect for spring in Cannes. I too am shocked anyone could think it is “cheap”

2. Alina May 22, 2015 at 05:51 #

The dress was beautiful, but I didn’t like the necklace or her makeup.

3. Rahul May 22, 2015 at 05:48 #

The gown is outstanding; not a typically embellished Elie Saab number. The color, embroidery is beautiful. I’m shocked someone referred to it as “cheap”.
    Aishwarya wears it beautifully. FC, the diamond necklace she’s wearing was specially created by Harry Winston for amfARCannes – to be auctioned at the gala. What an honor for Aishwarya!
    For me, she’s the epitome of elegance, beauty, grace and sophistication here.
    Bravo, Ms. Rai on a great Cannes!

4. pinksugar May 22, 2015 at 02:29 #

Another beautiful gown from Aishwarya. It is a little less exciting than some of the others she’s worn so far but lovely all the same.

5. A May 22, 2015 at 01:53 #

If Aishwarya just toned down a bit, she can literally get away with wearing anything and I mean anything. This color is beautiful on her. Hopefully next year I’d love it if she would experiment a little with the designers. She always wears Elie Saab, so it would be nice to see her in something different. Actually this year Ralph & Russo was new for her and also Georges Chakra. Hopefully next year she wears ALL new designers.

6. Phoenix May 22, 2015 at 01:18 #

I’m not really feeling it at all…The styling of the necklace and clutch choice are bugging me. Its only an okay look.

7. TeaAtTwo May 22, 2015 at 00:52 #

She’s having a great Cannes outfit wise. This is so pretty and delicate colour looks so good on her. I would remove the necklace but it doesn’t spoil the look.

8. bfly May 22, 2015 at 00:45 #

Not a fan, and I’m saying that as someone who adores both Aishwarya and Elie Saab… But no. It’s not at all expensive-looking our chic. It just doesn’t fit her persons for me at all.

• bfly May 22, 2015 at 00:46 #

**persona, not persons.

9. Karen May 21, 2015 at 23:57 #

Love that she went for alot of color and a big bold gown yesterday.

10. Zineb May 21, 2015 at 23:10 #

How many times is Rai going to blow us away. Beautiful and romantic. And that lavender is gorgeous on her skin.

11. Yeliz May 21, 2015 at 22:21 #

She looks gorgeous, but I’m missing the belt a bit.

12. Nat39 May 21, 2015 at 22:09 #

Absolutely gorgeous. Feminine, soft, romantic, J’adore.

13. Caroline May 21, 2015 at 22:05 #

This kinda looks like a cheap Elie Saab number.

14. Fanny May 21, 2015 at 22:03 #

Lovely color. Nice styling.

15. SK May 21, 2015 at 21:59 #

Since it was not a red carpet look, everybody was dressed down. One gotta sit in the gown for 2-3 hours, so they better pick something comfortable to wear. Aishwarya chose this dreamy number, and I love her makeup too. She looks simply gorgeous! I would wish she played up her hair a bit, but stunning nevertheless. She slayed Cannes this year. Sonam and Katrina, please take notes.

• kane May 22, 2015 at 00:09 #

Dressing down isn’t quite the same as dressing badly. This is a miss for me.

16. Christine May 21, 2015 at 21:55 #

Oh no. Not liking this dated prom look.