Menu

19.05.15 Advertising

Rihanna’s Dior Secret Garden Campaign

Inter_SG4_DP1_440x285_Without Txt

Christian Dior has released a first look at Rihanna’s Dior Secret Garden campaign, photographed by Steven Klein at the Palace of Versailles in France.

While this is the fourth instalment of the Secret Garden series, it is the first time a black woman has been the face of the house in its 69-year history.

Rihanna has always been a huge fan of Raf Simons often perched front row at Dior’s shows, plus she’s been spotted wearing his menswear collection on several occasions, so perhaps this shouldn’t have been a surprise.

While her first official outing as an ambassador in Dior wasn’t a huge success, this campaign appears to have successfully shaken up the image of the brand bringing a touch of rebellious spirit.

Emma Stone In Brook Collection &  Ulyana Sergeenko Couture - 'Aloha' Photocall & Premiere

Emma Stone In Brook Collection & Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – ‘Aloha’ Photocall & Premiere

Film Independent At LACMA Special Screening Of 'Mad Men'

Film Independent At LACMA Special Screening Of ‘Mad Men’

12 Responses to Rihanna’s Dior Secret Garden Campaign

1. james May 19, 2015 at 14:24 #

At least with Rihanna, Dior won’t be a snoozefest with the likes of Cotillard and Portman. A bit of color was indeed necessary. Fashion is not supposed to be so uptight or “elitist”, it an be open-minded and diverse.

2. Leila May 19, 2015 at 14:08 #

One word, tacky.

3. kevinappears May 19, 2015 at 12:59 #

NO NO. Awkward poses and ‘bling bling’ at the lights-off Palace of Versailles ≠ high fashion.

Shame on Raf and Steven.

4. Zineb May 19, 2015 at 12:57 #

Whatever. There are certain pairings that just don’t go, like Gisele and Chanel. Sorry but Rihanna is not a Dior girl. Rihanna’s style is similar to Rita Ora (which she always tries to copy), would you picture Rita as a Dior spokesperson? Dior is just trying to bring diversity to the brand, considering Rihanna is the first black woman to represent them, in this case, I think that Kerry Washington (if we get over the Met Gala disaster) or Gabrielle Union might have sold it better in my opinion.

• justme May 19, 2015 at 13:13 #

I agree that Kerry fits the Dior brand more, she’s more “classical”.
      But she doesn’t have half of Rihanna’s popularity. And I think that was the goal here.

• Zineb May 19, 2015 at 13:21 #

That’s the problem with Dior today, they go with the current popular ones instead of choosing someone who really embodies the essence of the brand. Dior + Rihanna = no thank you

5. Cookie May 19, 2015 at 12:39 #

All this proves to me is that Raf Simons is incapable of building a coherent brand identity. I like Rihanna but this doesn’t strike me as Dior in any way, shape or form.

• justme May 19, 2015 at 12:50 #

mte
      I see Rihanna, I don’t see Dior.

• kevinappears May 19, 2015 at 13:01 #

I don’t see RiRi or Dior, I see awkward Raf Simons.

• pinksugar May 19, 2015 at 16:44 #

I so agree. This is all Rihanna and no Dior. She doesn’t fit the dull image that Raf has created.

6. mumu May 19, 2015 at 11:45 #

I find the “catwalk” a little silly, but other than that, I like it! she’s gorgeous!

7. Christine May 19, 2015 at 11:17 #

Great campaign. She looks marvelous! Hope this partnership would bring some great results down the road.