Menu

Aishwarya Rai In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Jazbaa’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Aishwarya Rai In Oscar de la Renta - 'Jazbaa' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Aishwarya Rai attended the ‘Jazbaa’ photocall during the 68th annual Cannes Film Festival on Tuesday (May 19) in Cannes, France.

The goosebumps are back, so she picked a winner.

Before you say this is OTT for a photocall, remember that this is Cannes.

As you know I didn’t get that excited about her first look for this festival, however this bordeaux Oscar de la Renta Fall 2015 gown is the kind of drama I expect from Aishwarya.

While the real winner here is her unquestionable beauty, with the gown only serving to enhance it, I’m delighted to see her back on top form.

Slay mama, slay.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2015 Billboard Music Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2015 Billboard Music Awards?

Petra Nemcova In Zuhair Murad Couture - 'Sicario'  Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Petra Nemcova In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘Sicario’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

93 Responses to Aishwarya Rai In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Jazbaa’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. Della May 19, 2015 at 23:14 #

Who cares if it’s a photocall? It’s Cannes, for crying out loud! Also, I feel it is important to note that “Jazbaa” is her first film in FIVE years. I feel this gown truly symbolizes her comeback to the screen and lives up to her iconic name and career.
    What really matters here is how STUNNING Aishwarya looks in this beautiful, cranberry gown. I cannot get over how fantastically the color of the gown compliments her shiny, dark hair. I just love her Hollywood-glamour hair and maroon lipstick. This gown is one of my favorites of the entire festival so far. 🙂 Thumbs up!

2. kane May 19, 2015 at 23:05 #

I love the colour for her but find the silhouette unflattering.

3. Ash May 19, 2015 at 23:02 #

THe designers have a lot to thank her for since she showed their design mediocrity with such grace. She’s a beauty nod a sight for sore eyes. Truly blessed nd definitely self grounded nd mature As a woman from watching her interviews. U can tell a beautiful intelligent woman nod she’s sure it!!!

4. TeaAtTwo May 19, 2015 at 22:58 #

Seductive but graceful – I love this. I wish it were on a red carpet

5. Christine May 19, 2015 at 22:32 #

Stunning!

6. justme May 19, 2015 at 20:13 #

Stunning from the neck up.
    The dress is OTT for the eventl, unflattering on top and is that black mesh behind?

I would have been on board if the dress was shorter, just enough to see some shoes. Then, it would have been somewhat appropriate for a photocall.

7. Suma May 19, 2015 at 20:04 #

I love this apearance. After that Ugly Green Dress on her 1st day this is a treat for eyes. she isnt always doing right fashionable Choice. anyways this is a big hit already.

8. Regina May 19, 2015 at 19:51 #

She looks like the flamenco dancer Emoji too, like Amal Clooney did a few days ago.

• chyc May 20, 2015 at 03:07 #

Amal Clooney’s red dress too came to my mind when I see this gown.

9. yael May 19, 2015 at 19:16 #

Wish queen Rai raised the waist line by 3 inches as much as queen Blanchett in Givenchy would’ve lowered hers.

10. jason May 19, 2015 at 19:15 #

now wait a minute! i’ll wait centuries if i had too woman! you killed me! Died and peaceful in heaven! French Cinema is where she should be casted next!

11. Nancy May 19, 2015 at 19:05 #

WOW!!! This is such an impactful, head-turning and a jaw-dropping look. Aishwarya is looking breathtakingly beautiful. In LOVE with this appearance of hers. This is such a classic Movie Star moment at its best. Slay is the WORD!!

12. Regina May 19, 2015 at 19:01 #

If she was a Queen, I would be her servant. This color enhances her beauty. Aishwarya is definitely on a color spree this year. I want to see an aubergine/eggplant, orange/yellow gown, or a flaming red gown next. She can do no wrong in my books. It must be such a dream to style Aishwarya for Cannes. She’s worn Elie Saab already this year. She’s most likely going for Armani and Cavalli next.

13. pinksugar May 19, 2015 at 18:55 #

This was one of my favorite Fall ODLR pieces and while I prefer it on the runway there is no denying how gorgeous she looks here. My wish was for a dark haired beauty to choose this gown and I can’t think of anyone who could have done it justice as much as Aishwarya is.

14. EmmaWoodhouse May 19, 2015 at 18:54 #

It’s Cannes. She’s gorgeous. The gown is breathtaking. I am 100% sold.

15. Moody May 19, 2015 at 18:35 #

I don’t understand how one person can BE this flawlessly beautiful. Like how can she walk around with such beauty and EYES? See, Ash is def the most beautiful person ever created. Hands down.

16. Sarah May 19, 2015 at 18:32 #

Aish has got to be one of the most unspeakably beautiful women I’ve ever seen. The colour is DIVINE on her and her hair and makeup are on point.

17. Nevracqua May 19, 2015 at 18:32 #

I googled her and it says she is 41? How the heck is that possible? She doesn’t look like a day over 28, I swear. Amazing skin.

18. gina May 19, 2015 at 18:25 #

The color is stunning on her. She has one or two more Cannes appearances on the red carpet left. I want her to do a big Elie Saab gown. These three have been on my wishlist for her:

Someone please make her wear this asap! I would literally die!

• Fanny May 19, 2015 at 19:12 #

Yes please 🙂

• Marya May 19, 2015 at 19:41 #

Yes! Those gowns would make Cannes history!

• bfly May 20, 2015 at 00:21 #

Oh Lord! If she wore that last gown, I think I would literally need to be revived…. My heart would stop!!!

19. shaphalf May 19, 2015 at 18:25 #

She looks gorgeous and that color is divine on her, but the elongated torso on that dress is majorly odd.

20. Ramsay May 19, 2015 at 18:23 #

It’s a photo call
    Even at Cannes a gown is too much for it
    A big no for me
    This is better than her Elie Saab but out of place imo

21. Jazz May 19, 2015 at 18:22 #

Flawless human being. This gown is resplendent against her skin and hair. And that face – cannot handle how stunning she is.

22. Yeliz May 19, 2015 at 18:22 #

A ball gown for a photocall is way too much, even at Cannes. And the low waist doesn’t really look flattering on her. I can’t deny how beautiful she looks from the neck up though.

23. Kim T. May 19, 2015 at 18:21 #

She looks amazing and the color is pefect on her! I do have to wonder: didn’t she miss last night’s red carpet? Wonder if this was her look for the red carpet and she’s just substituting because she knows she looks so good! Don’t flame me, but I do think she may be pregnant again and that’s adding the extra glow;)

24. Rashida May 19, 2015 at 18:15 #

Beautiful! Definitely can give JLo a run out of her country with this look.

25. Hermoine May 19, 2015 at 18:09 #

I don’t care if she is wearing a potato sack or a diamond encrusted ball gown, she is soooooo beautiful I’m just happy to see her.

26. Leo May 19, 2015 at 18:03 #

Come on, there is no excuse for this. She is so overdressed for a photocall. Plus the dress is not worth it, it feels like it needed more work done to it, some interesting design save, such a basic meh piece.

• Shoeul May 19, 2015 at 18:13 #

It’s not just a photocall, she unveiled the poster of film and also showcased a few scenes to the international media. I think she was appropriately dressed.

• jason May 20, 2015 at 18:29 #

i agree completely with u… and besides Cannes id her turf!

• olala May 20, 2015 at 19:33 #

She was unvailing the poster, doing media for her movie, where she is the only high-profile member of the cast. The movie is being touted as ‘her’ movie. So, no doubt, the dress had to be big.

This is big enough for an event where she is the attraction, but not big enough like the gold Cavalli, or white Georges Chakra or Ralph Russo this year.

27. from-chitown May 19, 2015 at 18:03 #

That color on her skin is gorgeous. She looks sensational. Her makeup and hair is perfect, she looks like a diva.

• jason May 20, 2015 at 18:28 #

diva at her best!

28. Dedel May 19, 2015 at 18:02 #

OMG that dress at a photocall ? I don’t care she looks drop dead gorgeous. Cannes is the best place to wear this dress for a photocall. This color against her skin is absolutely ravishing.

• jason May 20, 2015 at 18:27 #

so true man!

29. SK May 19, 2015 at 17:58 #

I think you said it perfectly. “Slay mama, slay”

Queen of Cannes, alright.

30. olala May 19, 2015 at 17:58 #

Queen Rai graduated to Goddess Rai.

Actually, I am happy for the choices she is making. The clothes are meant to make a person, and her clothes are making her stand out as beautiful. In that way clothes are just an apparatus to the entire personality.

Yes, her dresses are underwhelming this year, but then she makes them shine. The dresses enhance her presentation, just as the case should be. Anyone agree?

• Moody May 19, 2015 at 18:38 #

Yes, Goddes Rai!

31. Britta May 19, 2015 at 17:56 #

OTT and I absolutely LOVE it! We need more big goosebumps looks!

32. Fanny May 19, 2015 at 17:51 #

She looks amazing! I love everything about this.

33. Nat39 May 19, 2015 at 17:50 #

Love it! She looks gorgeous! The rich hue is stunning. The photocall appearances have been unexciting on Cannes scale and lacking inspiration, so it’s a delight to finally see a bright spark and the boldness of Cannes. What a beauty, kudos to Queen Rai.

• jason May 20, 2015 at 18:32 #

she is called queen for a reason!

34. ada May 19, 2015 at 17:44 #

She looks amazing and color is absolutely amazing on her. Thts where my love ends. The gown itself is bad and the fit is so off. She looks like she can’t breath and the mesh at the back shows her spanx.
    This gown is not figure flattering at all.

35. Carol May 19, 2015 at 17:40 #

Apart from the fact that this is too much for a photocall, this gown doesn’t give me Cannes vibes. This looks like something more Golden Globes-appropiate than Cannes. I am not thrilled, in fact I am relunctant to even pass this as decent.

36. Zineb May 19, 2015 at 17:39 #

O-M-G !!!! She shut it down !!!
    Cannes is the only place you can wear this to a photocall ! Sensational !

• Zineb May 19, 2015 at 17:42 #

Also the hair and make up are perfection and cranberry is my favorite color. I love it on make up, clothes, manicure etc so I’m excited to see Queen Rai looking fabulous in cranberry !

• jason May 20, 2015 at 18:31 #

roll the red carpet..she justt killed it~

37. Rahul May 19, 2015 at 17:37 #

Come on, this is not the first time we are seeing a gown at a photocall. Remember Venice? Secondly, when one can wear couture to airport, why not a RTW gown to a Cannes photocall? Cannes is all about ground-breaking fashion.

• jason May 20, 2015 at 18:30 #

yes ground breaking indeed

38. Caroline May 19, 2015 at 17:36 #

I don’t care if this is Cannes, this is a Red Carpet gown, not a photocall outfit to wear. This also looks like a winter gown.

39. kate May 19, 2015 at 17:35 #

Its a beautiful colour but her makup is too much- makes her look like an evil maleficent

40. Giana May 19, 2015 at 17:35 #

Diva diva diva! I love when Aish goes to Cannes because she proves her beauty there. In India, her potential is lost. Same for Priyanka Chopra. Their true beauty is defined oversees. Can’t wait to see what Aishwarya wears next.

41. shanaya May 19, 2015 at 17:33 #

Neck up she is flawless as always. The gown on the other hand looks nothing like the usual oscar de la renta Nothing expensive looking about the dress apart from the color. I cant understand why her stylist has been giving her one mediocre dress after another or did the designers not know who she was getting the dresses for?? Surely dressing Aishwarya Rai at Cannes is a huge deal so why then are her clothes so not worthy of the event she’s at?? It annoys me that someone as beautiful as Aish hasn’t had that dramatic Wow outfit to match her looks. Last year she nailed it.

• Arie May 19, 2015 at 18:14 #

You’ve got it all wrong. Looking at Aishwarya’s past Cannes look, she wears mediocre dresses. She doesn’t need a big dress to be dramatic on the red carpet. She owns any dress she wears, whether it’s a Cavalli or a Saab. Someone has yet to match her presence and aura she gives at Cannes and the only person that can do that is Angelina Jolie. Two of the most beautiful woman in the world have so much power to be hailed as a Queen.

42. Nina May 19, 2015 at 17:32 #

It is criminal to look this good at 40. She is every bit Miss World she was 20 years ago. She instills life into this hideous prom like gown.

43. Elle May 19, 2015 at 17:31 #

She looks STUNNING! I cannot get over how beautiful this colour looks on her complexion, and how on point her make up is… I’ll take this over the snooze-fest photo call looks (Emily Blunt’s Pilotto number excepted) we’ve been having any day!!

44. Sanya May 19, 2015 at 17:31 #

Too much for protocol? Maybe. Too beautiful? Definitely. She looks amazing. I find this dress hard to wear, but here Aishwarya is wearing the dress, not dress wearing her. Hair and makeup are just perfect.

45. Rahul May 19, 2015 at 17:30 #

Aishwarya Rai, hands down, is the most gorgeous cine star I have ever seen – her beauty almost impossible and immaculate. I love the burgundy shade and the styling which makes this look so very diva-esque, dramatic and impactful. J’Adore!

46. lucy May 19, 2015 at 17:30 #

The most beautiful woman in the world has just proven she still is

47. Karen May 19, 2015 at 17:28 #

I just died! I was waiting for a wow moment again from her at Cannes since last year she conquered the red carpet. Her last outing in Saab was a disappointment. But omg she killed it. These photocall pictures need to be on a cover. It’s stunning! She’s stunning. She has yet to top this look this year! I’m so full of excitement right now. Can god make me this beautiful overnight?

48. Cristina May 19, 2015 at 17:28 #

Hmm..I like the make-up and the hair! Also the color suits her perfectly. The top of the dress is fine, but the bottom is missing something. I’m not too fond of it. Maybe those little squares hanging out make it look like it’s unfinished. I don’t know…
    From the waist up she looks flawless though.

49. tim May 19, 2015 at 17:28 #

terrible !! the gown is ugly and looks horrible on her body which is huge, not flattering at all, it makes her look like an aunty trying too hard.

• Alina May 19, 2015 at 17:31 #

Her body is nowhere near huge and even if it were, it’s completely out of place to judge it.

• RT May 19, 2015 at 17:49 #

• Zineb May 19, 2015 at 18:03 #

+ 2

• SK May 19, 2015 at 18:11 #

You do realize you are talking to a hater.

• Nadia99 May 19, 2015 at 19:24 #

• alvaro_spain May 19, 2015 at 17:31 #

• from-chitown May 19, 2015 at 17:59 #

What do you even mean ?? Her body is huge ?? Aunty?? Please don’t be judgemental and comment only on fashion.

• Nancy May 19, 2015 at 18:09 #

Let this huge aunty wear whatever she likes. Because this Huge aunty is KILLING IT. She is looking Flawless like a true movie star. And I would kill to look like this huge aunty.

• Ana May 20, 2015 at 18:48 #

I totally dislike this look but I everytime I read comments like these about a woman’s body I feel sick. It’s worse than the look itself.

She’s a gorgeous woman, but the look, for me, is not.

50. Marcel May 19, 2015 at 17:23 #

I do remember it is Cannes and a full gown for a photocall still is TOO MUCH.

• Alina May 19, 2015 at 17:29 #

I agree.

She looks breathtaking, but it’s toi much even at Cannes.

• Charlotte May 19, 2015 at 17:48 #

I agree.

This color is gorgeous on her but I don’t think the dress particularly flaterring on her.

• Maria May 20, 2015 at 13:10 #

You should see the back view!- how does she breathe?

• Evita May 19, 2015 at 18:25 #

Couldn’t have said it better myself