Menu

18.05.15 Photocall

Mindy Kaling & Amy Poehler – ‘Inside Out’ Cannes Photocalls

Mindy Kaling & Amy Poehler - 'Inside Out' Cannes Photocalls

Mindy Kaling and Amy Poehler attended two photocalls for their animated feature ‘Inside Out’ during the 68th annual Cannes Film Festival on Monday (May 18) in Cannes, France.

Mindy Kaling: Something strange is going on if even Mindy, queen of colour, attends a Cannes photocall wearing a mostly black dress. Her Roksanda Turnham fitted dress does benefit from colour-block sleeves, but I’m sure this will not satisfy those craving for colour when it comes to the photocalls.

Amy Poehler: The actress showed off her darker hair colour wearing a printed frock with bold shoulders. Sadly, it feels too sombre for Cannes.

'Inside Out' Photocall - The 68th Annual Cannes Film Festival

Both ladies were awash with colour for the second photocall.

Mindy Kaling: I love the vibrant colour and print of her Alexander McQueen frock, to which she added an edge to via her Saint Laurent sandals.

Amy Poehler: Wearing a mesmerizing electric-blue hued frock, this colour couldn’t have been more perfect for a photocall by the beach. Those blue shoes are getting all my attention here.

Credit: Getty

Cannes Film Festival 2015 – Day 6

Cannes Film Festival 2015 – Day 6

Eva Longoria In Gabriela Cadena - 'Inside Out' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Eva Longoria In Gabriela Cadena – ‘Inside Out’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

14 Responses to Mindy Kaling & Amy Poehler – ‘Inside Out’ Cannes Photocalls

1. gabis May 19, 2015 at 00:37 #

Amy looks amazing with that new hair color. Love both looks.

2. kate May 18, 2015 at 22:05 #

I like mindy in the black the length everything goes.The second is too twee for her and that length is not good on her – too short. Her makeup in the second look is horrendous and the shoes are bad too- I hate everything about the second look.AmyPoehler looks better in her first look- second is ok.

3. from-chitown May 18, 2015 at 19:18 #

I like both of Mindy’s looks. Though she is in black for her first appearance, at least it is not funereal. The second look is so her – embracing color and pattern.

4. pinksugar May 18, 2015 at 18:43 #

Love both of Mindy’s looks, especially the Roksanda. Not a fan of Amy’s first look but I love the new hair color. I do love her blue dress but not a fan of the contrasting blue shoes.

5. shaphalf May 18, 2015 at 18:23 #

I actually really love Mindy’s black ensemble. Super chic.

They book look great in the second set of outfits, too!

6. Nat39 May 18, 2015 at 18:22 #

The best done look here for me is Mindy’s 1st Roksanda – clean, flattering with a modern edge, works very well for her and well-styled, do miss the Cannes flair though.

7. H May 18, 2015 at 18:08 #

I know black is killing all the emotion but they made it up for the second photocall and they nailed it!

8. Yeliz May 18, 2015 at 18:07 #

Love both of Amy’s looks. I don’t have a problem with Mindy’s first look, she looks great, and I like the second look from the ankles up.

9. Zineb May 18, 2015 at 18:06 #

The first looks make me wonder if these actresses have actually checked the weather in the south of France before packing or if they are even aware that we’re in spring season.

10. Alina May 18, 2015 at 18:05 #

Amy: Looove her new hair colour! The first look is great, but a little too sombre, indeed. I love the colour of the second dress and those shoes were the perfect touch.

Mindy: My first thought upon seeing her first look: “Of all the places to start wearing black, she chooses Cannes!”. But I did like the Roksanda as it’s very flattering. The second one is just Mindy’s colourful and amazing self.

Excited to see what they wear at the premiere.

11. Christine May 18, 2015 at 17:57 #

Mindy looks great in both looks!

12. Dedel May 18, 2015 at 17:56 #

I much prefer their second look. That was fresh and appropriate for this event and that weather !

• dee May 18, 2015 at 18:42 #