Menu

Mélanie Laurent In Zuhair Murad Couture - 'Inside Out' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Mélanie Laurent attended the ‘Inside Out’ premiere during the 68th annual Cannes Film Festival on Monday (May 18) in Cannes, France.

The French actress wore a sultry Zuhair Murad Spring 2015 Couture gold beaded gown, which I was able to distinguish via the designer’s signature gold leaf belt.

The gown does all the talking, as it should.

I can imagine it took Melanie all of 5 minutes to get ready, and yet the result is quite breath-taking. Perhaps I’m not really to give up on beaded gowns just yet.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Andie MacDowell In Elie Saab - 'Inside Out' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Andie MacDowell In Elie Saab – ‘Inside Out’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab Couture - 'Inside Out' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Inside Out’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

19 Responses to Mélanie Laurent In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘Inside Out’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. kane May 19, 2015 at 10:11 #

Her choice of dress is as bland as her hair. To be fair, I thought it was ES (which I knew would happen as soon as I saw the ZM show).

2. Caroline May 19, 2015 at 01:27 #

I swear J Lo has worn this

3. alvaro_spain May 18, 2015 at 21:47 #

This year, most of the gowns are by Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad or Ralph&Russo; what happened with Cavalli or Emilio Pucci so popular other years at Cannes? I miss their colourful, risky and sexy dresses!!

4. Phoenix May 18, 2015 at 21:45 #

She looks nice but havent we seen this same design, color, everything a hundred times including at Cannes? Very underwhelmed.

5. Rachel May 18, 2015 at 21:19 #

This is the first Zuhair Murad I like this year, she looks comfortable in it.

6. Carrie May 18, 2015 at 20:42 #

So many similar gowns! Beautiful, but similar.

7. Chris May 18, 2015 at 20:25 #

We’ve seen that type of Elie Saab gown so often before. I mean, it’s still pretty, but yeah. Far away from being interesting. The non-existent effort when it comes to her hair and make-up doesn’t help either.

• Chris May 18, 2015 at 21:23 #

I just realized that I typed Elie Saab. Oh god. On this occasion, I meant Zuhair Murad of course. Although I have the same problem with both designers at the moment. Too many gowns of the same style that all look like we’ve seen them before.

8. Christine May 18, 2015 at 19:47 #

Very déjà vu

9. Zineb May 18, 2015 at 19:38 #

Beautiful gown but Melanie didn’t do it justice by doing nothing in the hair and make up department. Really Mélanie? Showing up at Cannes with bed hair?

10. marie May 18, 2015 at 19:38 #

There are beaded gowns that are interesting and have some drama, this one feels like it has been worn a thousand times before. Also, a more polished hairstyle would’ve been better.
    The whole look is forgettable. Yawning.

11. gabis May 18, 2015 at 19:34 #

Now this is the quintessential french effortless style which I’m all for it. She looks gorgeous.

12. Mimmi May 18, 2015 at 19:29 #

I actually really like this beaded gown-offering. Melanie has this lovely, laidback, parisienne quality about her that makes this gown come to life. On someone else, say J-Lo it would not have read the same way. I also think that the styling and make-up was right on point.

13. Nat39 May 18, 2015 at 19:28 #

A typical embellished gown, a bit too plain (and doesn’t have that little extra drama for added interest like Li Bingbing’s Z.Murad in comparison), and her presentation is lacking – the hair is too casually relaxed, the statement gold earrings look jarring, and she lacks poise/posture and grace to carry it off beautifully and elegantly on the red carpet.

14. from-chitown May 18, 2015 at 19:22 #

This is soo blah. Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab need to innovate and break out of their bling obsession.

15. Fanny May 18, 2015 at 19:18 #

Didn’t someone wear this already?

• CreoleLady May 18, 2015 at 20:24 #

LOL! Exactly.

16. Alina May 18, 2015 at 19:14 #

Hmm.. I’m not sure I like this. Makeup, hair, dress.. it’s too one note.

17. Yeliz May 18, 2015 at 19:13 #

I like the gown on her but would’ve preferred a more elegant hairstyle, like the model’s hair.