Menu

17.05.15 Premiere

Aishwarya Rai In Elie Saab – ‘Carol’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aishwarya Rai In Elie Saab - 'Carol' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aishwarya Rai attended the premiere of ‘Carol’ during the 68th annual Cannes Film Festival on Sunday (May 17) in Cannes, France.

The Indian beauty made her first appearance during the festival wearing Elie Saab, of course.

The green gown with its sheer panels and embellishments is nice enough, but it doesn’t sweep me off my feet nor does it engulf me with goosebumps; which are rare feelings not to have in the presence of Queen Rai.

Perhaps the issue is that I am comparing this look to her previous two seasons where she blew me away, this is more like a light breeze.

Credit: Getty

Chrissy Teigen's A.L.C. ‘Bell’ Skirt

Chrissy Teigen’s A.L.C. ‘Bell’ Skirt

Sienna Miller In Sonia Rykiel - ‘Carol’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sienna Miller In Sonia Rykiel – ‘Carol’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

37 Responses to Aishwarya Rai In Elie Saab – ‘Carol’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. kane May 19, 2015 at 10:19 #

I hate when she does OTT. To be fair, I dislike it when most people do it.

2. tinsel May 18, 2015 at 20:10 #

In my opinion she’s being a great ambassador for l’Oreal – letting her makeup take centre stage n keeping the gown simple. Sonam is the Indian who’s bringing the fashion drama to the red carpet n I like the fact that each of them is making a different mark.

3. Amy May 18, 2015 at 13:28 #

the dress isn’t her best. it kinda looks cheap. But forget about that, look at that face. sigh

4. Rahul May 18, 2015 at 12:38 #

It’s shameful & unfortunate that some still make snide remarks about Aishwarya’s figure (despite being chided by FC time and again).
    Aishwarya has a fabulous body – she is a 41 yr old woman – cine superstar & an iconic ambassador for L’Oréal for 14 yrs, not a 20-something runway model.

Coming to Fashion, yes, the gown is low on impact (as compared to the gold Cavalli) but Aishwarya’s styling and attitude is spot on. She always manages to look so naturally sophisticated and glamorous. To me, she is a true epitome of elegance & grace.
    Hope she blows it outta park in her next outings.

5. Viral May 18, 2015 at 10:31 #

I am usually on the dont-hate-on-aish brigade but dear god this is undefendable! everything except the color of the dress is wrong! Aishwarya, Sonam and Katrina are the L’Oreal girls and the make on all three couldnt be any worse! Katrina’s hair was was atrocious! Sonam hasnt hit her stride yet compared to the spalsh she made last year and here Aishwarya goes matchy matchy with that awful eye shadow thingy – NO JUST NO!

6. Aman May 18, 2015 at 09:35 #

I loved this look of Aishwarya. It’s very vintage yet equally glamorous. Special mention for the spot on make-up. Plus Aishwarya elevates everything she wears with her beauty, poise and confidence.

7. Aminet May 18, 2015 at 01:37 #

Missing her navy and white Armani Privé from a few Cannes back. Need that Aishwarya back! xx

8. Phoenix May 18, 2015 at 01:14 #

The dress seems almost…cheap..argh. like a knock off. I find her makeup somewhat garish also.

9. pinksugar May 18, 2015 at 00:30 #

The dress is just ok, with her I expect so much more. Especially at Cannes.

• Alina May 18, 2015 at 15:01 #

I agree. She looks beautiful, but underwhelming.

10. Longoria May 18, 2015 at 00:19 #

Uh-oh. Why only 25 comments? Aishwayra’s fans didn’t like RCF’s post?

11. fromchi-town May 17, 2015 at 21:54 #

Not a great dress, and can’t believe it is an Elie Saab – but how gorgeous does she look? Her face is utter perfection. And the hair and make-up is absolutely divine. I am not blown away by her appearance as I was last year – but I cannot take my eyes off her face.

• bfly May 18, 2015 at 00:05 #

Yep, wfw.

12. Damien May 17, 2015 at 21:53 #

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Aishwarya. I sometimes refer to her as “The love of my life”, been following her career since her pre-MW, pre-Bollywood days as a Bombay model. Anyway that’s not the point. As mentioned earlier, I am surprised to see that she is not in Armani Prive’ or Cavalli. I have to admit; I don’t quite know if I like this Elie Saab creation or not. It’s quite a juxtaposition between busy and simple…I don’t know hey. Also yesterday I mentioned that she wore a horrific Sabyasachi jumpsuit which she managed to make look good as apposed to it making her look good. Ash has ridiculously sublime beauty, elegance and a killer smile. That works in her advantage. Her beauty distracts me from this actual garment. Lol that’s just pure truth. Not many stars can pull off turning heads like she does. She is the queen of Cannes. I get the feeling her next look though would be stellar.

13. Nadia99 May 17, 2015 at 21:24 #

The color looks really great on her but the gown doesn’t do anything for her figure.

14. Rose May 17, 2015 at 21:14 #

Is she pregnant ?

15. Charlotte May 17, 2015 at 21:07 #

I love her make up !
    Someone knows where is her lipstick from ?

16. Yeliz May 17, 2015 at 21:06 #

I don’t like this, the gown looks very unflattering. I was expecting a big wow moment from her after last year’s Cavalli look, sadly that’s not the case.

17. tweed May 17, 2015 at 21:04 #

I zoomed in on that gorgeous face and forgot the dress. The color’s gorgeous on her; it’s the style and cut that’s a little stale.

18. Evita May 17, 2015 at 21:01 #

If we were to do a shot everytime a sparkly dress hit the red carpet, we would be drunk by now,but still she is just so gorgeous,so I am just going to overlook the dress,as I am sure that everyone is tired of my ranting by now

• Marcel May 17, 2015 at 21:04 #

Her face is so utterly ,astonishingly gorgeous. She must be one of the most beautiful beings that God ever created.

• Evita May 17, 2015 at 21:07 #

ABSOLUTELY!

19. M. May 17, 2015 at 21:00 #

Ummmm…what is this. This is not flattering at all.

20. Zineb May 17, 2015 at 21:00 #

King Saab + Queen Rai = fashion heaven
    Marvellous !

21. tam May 17, 2015 at 20:59 #

HORRIBLE ! is that really an Elie Saab, can’t believe he did this tacky attire, it looks terrible and so cheap. Badly made, awful color and the see through parts is not her thing at all her arms are so huge and so are her legs. Also the stomach and breast are is really unflattering on top of all this the make up is horrendous especially the lipstick it makes her look like an aunty. Jane Fonda is over 70 and totally looked younger than Aishwarya who is 41 but looks above 50 here. Terrible !

• JessNess May 17, 2015 at 21:31 #

100% agreed. I can’t believe there is any love for this dress, but I guess that is just her fan base as this is the more cheaply looking, poorly made Elie Saab gown I have ever seen

• olala May 17, 2015 at 23:08 #

The dress is not all that. Even her iconic golden moment last year was also an ‘Okay’ dress really. Yet, it was to her credit that not making it to the top of BDOTY was an utter surprise.

She makes this dress look good. Who else could possibly have done that?

Btw, have you seen her casual pictures from the red carpet? Look like she is having so much while utterly aware of her stardom.

• Cathy May 18, 2015 at 15:37 #

You must be the jealous Indian hater. Only a disgusting person will make such a tasteless comment! I am surprised this comment was allowed @Catherine.

22. Sleir May 17, 2015 at 20:58 #

She looks stunning, but it’s unfair that you compare it to last year. As a standalone appearance, this one is among my top 3 of Cannes so far. 🙂

23. justme May 17, 2015 at 20:58 #

I am not even on the Elie Saab hate bandwagon but this is not a pretty dress imo. And it’s not really flattering on Aish either.

24. Christine May 17, 2015 at 20:58 #

She is stunning. This is simple, but her beauty shines here.

25. Marcel May 17, 2015 at 20:58 #

Her face couldn’t look more beautiful. Hair and make up perfect for the occasion. I am going to stop there…

26. Jason May 17, 2015 at 20:57 #

She is looking drop dead gorgeous!

27. Jason May 17, 2015 at 20:56 #

#Regal #Cannetastic #Fresh #AishwaryaAtCannes ABSOLUTELY RULES! #Love

28. Charmeleon May 17, 2015 at 20:56 #

It’s Simple but it still works for me

29. Iro May 17, 2015 at 20:54 #

That face though. Just perfection. Dress not so much. Hopefully she’ll blow us away next time around.