Menu

23.04.15 Best Dressed

Which Blake Lively Look Would You Like To See Up For BDOTW?

Which Blake Lively Look Would You Like To See Up For BDOTW

Credit: Getty, Ralph & Russo & FameFlynet

Kate Mara In Valentino - 2015 Will Rogers Pioneer of the Year Dinner

Kate Mara In Valentino – 2015 Will Rogers Pioneer of the Year Dinner

Lucy Hale's Elizabeth and James 'Addilyn' Crop Top And Elizabeth and James 'Aisling' Pencil Skirt

Lucy Hale’s Elizabeth and James ‘Addilyn’ Crop Top And Elizabeth and James ‘Aisling’ Pencil Skirt

46 Responses to Which Blake Lively Look Would You Like To See Up For BDOTW?

1. Laura April 24, 2015 at 14:09 #

None

• Yop April 24, 2015 at 15:25 #

2. kat April 24, 2015 at 11:12 #

Absolutely love Blake and her style. She had a rocky start to the week with some questionable outfits but the white Ralph & Russo Couture dress was breathtaking … clear BDOTW. Blake is back!!

3. Jennifer April 24, 2015 at 08:46 #

I am genuinely baffled by the hate for Blake. She has 9 great looks here, FC did a great job in leaving out the waffle, and I strongly believe that if Jessica Alba had worn any one of these looks she would be lauded for it. I think the Zuhair Murad look falls down a little on the styling with the pearls and stiff hair, but I honestly think every other look up there is beautiful. She uses, colour, interesting cuts and fabrics, and she gives it 100% each time most importantly. I went for the red Monique Lhullier just because she leaves you entranced looking at her, but I honestly like them all.

• james April 24, 2015 at 09:38 #

I don’t think it’s that bad either. But I don’t think the issue is that most of her looks are either overcooked with unnecessary accessories or they don’t suit her personality. You made a comparaiso with Jessica Alba but JA is always faithful to her style and therefore consistent in the way she styles her outfits, BL on the other hand, since she is her won “stylist”, it’s like she just wears whatever is given to her and she doesn’t seem to have a true style of her own. And it doesn’t help that she has I on’t know how many looks for only a few tv shows, it’s a bit much, way too Kim Kardashianish.

• Raph April 24, 2015 at 09:40 #

• Raph April 24, 2015 at 09:41 #

to avoid any misunderstanding, I fully agree with Jennifer!

• Nadia99 April 24, 2015 at 17:03 #

There is a lot of double standard here. Some stars get a lot of underserved hate and others are loved no matter what.

It’s absolutely NOT Catherine’s fault. She’s always try to be fair and I admire her for that.

4. Amanda April 24, 2015 at 03:25 #

The Lindsay Thornburg.

5. Prudence April 24, 2015 at 03:24 #

In all honesty I do not think any of them should make it up there. She is over doing it and giving us nothing great. This was a massive disappointment coming from Blake. I preferred when we saw her out and about once in a while with these lovely looks, now she is all over the place being messy and trying too hard.

• Betty April 24, 2015 at 13:13 #

Agreed!

6. Markness April 24, 2015 at 02:32 #

This is hard. I love her colorful choices but I chose the Monique Lhullier jumpsuit. It’s a different type of sexy red carpet look which I adore. FC, please don’t be hard on yourself and just include all of these in the BDOTW list. 😉

7. Dhppy April 24, 2015 at 01:23 #

Though I like many of the outfits, I downgrade matching coat ensembles as being a little too paint-by-numbers. I can see the Ralph & Russo and the red Lhuillier gown making the list. The Lhuillier jumpsuit however, makes my WDOTW list.

8. pinksugar April 24, 2015 at 00:50 #

I actually loved the Jenny Packham coat but since it isn’t on here I have to go with the Ralph & Russo. She sure didn’t make choosing easy.

9. justme April 24, 2015 at 00:48 #

John Galliano then the Monique Lhuillier jumpsuit. Blake is at her best when she does sultry.

I don’t get the love for the Roksanda look. That coat is swallowing her alive.

10. dee April 23, 2015 at 23:50 #

The Ralph and Russo or Antonio Berardi. Her Roksanda look is too big on her.

11. jhh36 April 23, 2015 at 23:50 #

Are you kidding? None.

12. Yeliz April 23, 2015 at 23:43 #

Roksanda.

13. Slash April 23, 2015 at 23:19 #

Oh, come on, I have at least three.

14. John April 23, 2015 at 22:25 #

She haven´t wore anything from Chanel and Gucci, that´s really weird coming from Blake.

15. towanda April 23, 2015 at 22:13 #

she lost her mojo 🙁

• Juliana April 24, 2015 at 02:18 #

• Sanya April 24, 2015 at 09:46 #

I don’t think she lost her mojo at all. The thing here is that she had so many appearances on tv and movie promotions in less than a week and it got too much. I didn’t like many of these combinations but I have to admit that she never looked boring. My favourite here is Roksanda.

16. Toni April 23, 2015 at 22:11 #

Why should Blake Lively be on Best Dressed of the Week, none of her outfits are worthy to me. Catherine seems to love her style and I don’t understand why.

• Catherine Kallon April 23, 2015 at 22:25 #

Dear Toni,

Blake has had several outfits this week, some I have praised, some I haven’t. I have been very honest in my write ups.

Yes, I do like Blake’s style, as so many other readers. I don’t understand why this is an issue.

What is not worthy to you is worthy to someone else.

I hope you have an amazing weekend.

Best Catherine

• Toni April 23, 2015 at 22:58 #

To each its own

17. Nat39 April 23, 2015 at 20:40 #

Roksanda for me, no question about it, followed by sweet R&R which is nice and lovely but not quite as powerfully distinctive.

18. alvaro_spain April 23, 2015 at 20:22 #

I pick the Monique Lhuillier gown from the premiere.

Followed by the Ralph&Russo.

19. gabis April 23, 2015 at 20:19 #

Looking at all her looks side by side the only thing that comes to mind is how desperately she needs a stylist.

• Betty April 23, 2015 at 22:02 #

Ditto!

• Lashae April 24, 2015 at 05:53 #

This

• Mel April 24, 2015 at 21:07 #

It makes me see how much she lacks of a personal style, you see those clothes together and is easy to asume they belong to 3 or 4 different women. She wears whatever designer item is lent to her, but that’s all, she can’t even give them her touch.

Some of them, like the Zuhair Murad dress, are not even “event” appropiate.

I can’t see how a person that lacks of basic style aptitudes can be relevant in the fashion world.

20. shontay April 23, 2015 at 20:16 #

I love all of these but I chose the Antoni Berardi. It’s sleek and sexy.

21. Marcel April 23, 2015 at 20:08 #

She looked stunning in that Roksanda outfit. Super modern , sleek and elegant. It will never win this pool, I know…

• Marcel April 23, 2015 at 20:09 #

and 2nd was the Antonio Berardi. I loved it.

• Nat39 April 23, 2015 at 20:36 #

Modern and incredibly dynamic Roksanda all the way, agreed. She wore it really well and totally pulled off the super bold full-on color-block, glad she didn’t shy away from the coat.

• dee April 23, 2015 at 23:51 #

I think it’s too big on her. The pants are too long and of the coat are too long.

• dee April 23, 2015 at 23:51 #

The sleeves of the coat is too long.

• Nat39 April 24, 2015 at 03:05 #

Re: Roksanda look. It’s not too big on her. The coat is intentionally oversized, It’s a contemporary innovative shape (it is clear from the look book photo) and engulfs her frame just the way it should (she has the right height/frame for it, not to mention she fully commands the look and is far from being “swallowed alive” as suggested below, also points for sleek styling on this occasion. I agree with Marcel she is absolutely stunning in this look. Powerfully chic, vibrant and modern, this look is another level, she won me over with this one.

• dee April 24, 2015 at 15:20 #

It looks too big. It swallows her frame. The sleeves cover most of her hand.

• Nat39 April 24, 2015 at 15:57 #

Not so sure, are you talking about Roksanda (I see her hands just fine) or Cushnie et Orch (you are also mentioning pants which along with the coat sleeves do look a bit too long for her)

• Nat39 April 24, 2015 at 16:01 #

*Ochs

• dee April 24, 2015 at 17:15 #

I’m talking about the Roksanda. Nice color but too long sleeves and pants IMO. It doesn’t look sharp.

• dee April 24, 2015 at 17:17 #

My bad, I am looking at the Cuch. I actually like the Roksanda.

22. Christine April 23, 2015 at 20:04 #