Menu

Harper by Harper’s Bazaar Launch Party

Harper by Harper's Bazaar Launch Party
The ‘harper by Harper’s BAZAAR’ launch party at Violet Grey with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley on Tuesday (April 21) in Los Angeles, California celebrated the latest issue of the magazine geared to the young, stylish reader.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: As cover girl and guest editor of the latest magazine issue, Rosie played host in an Alessandra Rich Spring 2015 gown. Yet I cannot say this is what I would have expected the model to wear for the occasion. Firmly planted in the ’80s, the era which strongly inspired the designer’s spring collection, the Dynasty-esque dress does benefit from a more elegantly sleek, streamlined silhouette. And I’m glad she skipped the lookbook’s belt. I believe it’s the bow that gives me most pause. Yay or nay?

Kiernan Shipka: From the ’80s to a couple more decades back, the starlet was also in a retro mood with her red Valentino collared, mini frock. Simple and charming.

Jaimie Alexander: Taking a sexier route as she is sometimes wont to do, Jamie wore a Mugler Spring 2015 leggy ensemble with cutouts, styled with Tamara Mellon shoes and an updo.

mugler

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Bella Thorne In Mugler & Emporio Armani - 2015 Shorty Awards & MTV 2015 Upfront Presentation

Bella Thorne In Mugler & Emporio Armani – 2015 Shorty Awards & MTV 2015 Upfront Presentation

Naomi Campbell's Burberry Book Cover Print Silk Trench Coat

Naomi Campbell’s Burberry Book Cover Print Silk Trench Coat

15 Responses to Harper by Harper’s Bazaar Launch Party

1. Bailey April 24, 2015 at 02:09 #

Love Kiernan’s look! Very cute but also grown up. Hair and makeup are perfect and I like the simple black accessories

2. TeaAtTwo April 24, 2015 at 00:30 #

While in theory it’s great Rosie didn’t select another mini dress or something from Balmain, this Alessandra Rich dress is hideous.

3. Sara April 23, 2015 at 17:09 #

Loooooove Kiernan’s look, but I would have chosen a more daring shoe.

4. mamaria April 23, 2015 at 14:26 #

I think Rosie’s look is different in an interesting, funny way

5. Vik April 23, 2015 at 09:27 #

That haircut does Rosie no favours at all and neither does the dress, Kiernan looks fantastic and i’m loving red at the mo’, had a footstool made from decur in red, brought some curtains and cushions from IKEA also in red – yep, deffo loving red this season 🙂

6. Kat April 23, 2015 at 01:53 #

Somehow I just can’t get on board with Rosie’s new hair – ages her terribly imho. And that dress – for a publication that is geared to the modern younger reader, she should definitely have taken a step into more chic, fashionable, young territory.

7. Christine April 22, 2015 at 22:38 #

Kiernan looks great!

8. CreoleLady April 22, 2015 at 22:20 #

Interesting trio. My focus is on Shipka. For all that I have liked her ladylike approach, this is one occasion where I think she looks lIke she’s 15 going on 30, not 16. She looks nice though.

9. Jeremy April 22, 2015 at 21:37 #

A very very rare “Nay” from me re: Rosie. Nothing about this look is working for me, save for the shoes.

10. Rebecca Z April 22, 2015 at 21:28 #

Love Kiernan’s dress, hair and makeup–t=she looks adorable and sophisticated all at the same time. Rosie and Jamie need to start over.

11. Yeliz April 22, 2015 at 21:08 #

Rosie’s look doesn’t work for me at all. I like Kiernan and Jaimie’s looks.

12. kane April 22, 2015 at 20:59 #

I really only like the colour of Kiernan’s dress. The look’s less clever than usual, but she looks quite glamorous. Rosie’s dress doesn’t only look, but actually screams dated to me.

13. pinksugar April 22, 2015 at 20:57 #

Rosie’s look is way too ‘sexy’ pilgrim for me to even glance at more than once. Kiernan looks cute as usual, though the black pumps bum me out. Jaimie always tries way too hard and it quickly turns to hooch, this is a perfect example.

14. Anne April 22, 2015 at 20:45 #

The first thing that spring to mind when seeing RHW’s gown was the dress both Kelly Taylor and Brenda Walsh wore to prom on BH90210. So I totally agree, Dated with a capital D

• AW April 23, 2015 at 13:29 #

I was going to say the same about RHW. It’s like a bad joke that no one told her about! The sleeves and that country bow alone are terrible. #OHHONEYNO!

Kiernan wins for me because while I like Jaimie’s look i’m fundamentally against shoulder cutouts, I decided.