Menu

16.04.15

‘Dior & I’ LA Premiere

Dior & I LA Premiere

A chic set of Dior-clad darlings were at the Los Angeles premiere of The Orchard’s ‘Dior & I’ held at LACMA on Wednesday (April 15) in Los Angeles, California.

Jaime King: The pregnant actress was positively radiant in a Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2015 red wool dress that received the glitter treatment with a pink sequin top. She also wore a Dior matching red clutch, Dior black patent boots, and Dior pearl earrings. I can’t help smile at this happy look and its retro flair—right down to the bubblegum-pink lip.

Britt Robertson
: The starlet was charming in a Dior white compact Milano wool jersey dress with sequin embellishment. A Dior clutch, deep burgundy lip, and glossy curls enhanced the swingy little frock.

Ashley Madekwe: Dressed in a Dior Spring 2015 white and green jacquard cotton coat dress, she accessorized with a Dior clutch, black Dior pumps, and Dior earrings. The flash of silver metallic in the bag added a spark to the more angular, structured lines of the dress with minimalistic makeup completing the directional look.

Dior & I LA Premiere 2
Isabel Lucas: The Aussie star’s Dior white silk cadi dress featured a touch of romanticism via embroidered bell sleeves. While I take no issue with the accessories including a black Dior clutch, Dior sandals, and a Dior statement necklace, her ponytail ’do and unusually wispy bangs completely left me puzzled.

Ahna O’Reilly
: While I think we’ll all agree that silk doesn’t always photograph well, Ahna’s Dior mint-green silk mikado dress was a lovely colour against the strawberry tones of her hair. An embroidered Dior clutch, silver metallic Dior sandals, and Dior earrings finished the look.

Teresa Palmer: Opting to go long, the actress was the most formal of the bunch in a Dior navy radzmir silk dress with a sequin-embellished bodice, dramatically elevated by an oxblood lip and sleek updo. Yet the overall effect was still effortless and graceful.

ABC Family's 2015 Upfront Presentation

ABC Family’s 2015 Upfront Presentation

Kate Hudson's MICHAEL Michael Kors 'Riley' Leather Satchel

Kate Hudson’s MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Riley’ Leather Satchel

21 Responses to ‘Dior & I’ LA Premiere

1. Yeliz April 17, 2015 at 22:42 #

Teresa and Ahna are my favourites of the bunch.

2. Noemi April 17, 2015 at 10:07 #

Britt Robertson and Ahna O’Reilly are my favorite ones. They look so fresh. There’s too much going on in Jaime King’s outfit, for me.

3. Amy April 17, 2015 at 09:14 #

Britt looks lovely.
    I like Ashley’s look but the garment looks too big for her especially around the arms.
    Jamie’s look is fierce but completely off-season.
    Anna is okay. She went for the “simple” road and it works

4. easyBlake April 17, 2015 at 04:13 #

I would LOVE Jamie King’s look if it weren’t so hot and off-season. Next for me, is Ahna O’Reilly’s total look. She’s the only person with whom I have no qualms over hair, makeup or styling.

5. Laraine April 17, 2015 at 02:13 #

Ashley Madekwe looks awesome – seasonally appropriate, very fresh. She killed it.

6. sergio April 16, 2015 at 23:39 #

D- listers !!!! D-listers everywhere !!!!

• Grant April 16, 2015 at 23:52 #

Hmmmmm I call ‘unnecessary SHADE’ on that. All of these girls are working actresses with the exception of Isabel who is more of a socialite I guess.

Anyway…. I think these are some of the better DIOR looks I’ve seen recently with Ashley & Jaime being the most directional and my personal favorites.

7. Nat39 April 16, 2015 at 22:13 #

Ashley.

8. Christine April 16, 2015 at 21:59 #

I like Jaime and Brittany’s look

9. CreoleLady April 16, 2015 at 21:53 #

I really like several of these looks. Not a single Dior disaster among them.

10. TeaAtTwo April 16, 2015 at 21:26 #

Ashley is my favourite here. I liked Zoe Kravitz in the suit version too. Jaime is rocking the boots but it feels out of season. The hair let’s down what is a really good outfit on Isabel.

11. pinksugar April 16, 2015 at 21:09 #

Jaime is my favorite here, I don’t even mind the boots.

12. Marcel April 16, 2015 at 21:02 #

They all look good . I adore Jaime’s look.

13. kane April 16, 2015 at 20:55 #

Ashley shuts it down for me (although the fit of the sleeves could admittedly be better). Jaime looks good too. I like Isabel’s dress but am seriously baffled by the styling, the hair especially, yuk.

14. Chris April 16, 2015 at 20:45 #

Teresa Palmer looks really great, but my favorite might be Britt Robertson! She looks so cute in that dress, it really suits her.
    Ashley Madekwe looks good as well.

15. Anne April 16, 2015 at 20:22 #

Considering how poorly Dior Couture has been going over lately, this event shows that there are some lovely Dior looks out there if stylists search far enough. This is a pretty successful outing for these ladies, though I am not on board with Jaime King’s look at all – wrong season and overcooked.

• Evita April 16, 2015 at 20:56 #

Exactly my thoughts! This is a perfect example of how wearing Dior on the red carpet can still be successful,because let’s be honest,not every Dior dress looks like a mess and at the end of the day it all comes down to the stylist and their making the right choice for their client.I agree about Jamie too,I like the boots but the hair,makeup,clutch just completely overcook what could have been a good look.

• Laraine April 17, 2015 at 02:11 #

I agree, but several of these are off-runway! Much of the Dior we see on the carpet lately appears to be custom.

16. MR April 16, 2015 at 20:18 #

Jaime is too fierce to be pregnant!!!!