Menu

13.04.15

2015 Coachella Music Festival Style Roundup

Coachella 1

When it comes to the Coachella Music Festival, boho style reigns supreme—right down to the ubiquitous flower crowns. This past weekend brought out a full range of Coachella cool-kids who marched to the beat of their own hippie drum in Indio, California.

Kendall Jenner: Infusing her Day 1 Coachella style with decidedly western appeal, the model paired her Derek Lam 10 Crosby Spring 2015 suede vest with a striped bikini top, ripped jorts, and Saint Laurent snakeskin booties. A tribal collar necklace and stacks of bangles took the look to the next level with a typical fringe hobo bag rounding it out.

Alessandra Ambrosio: Channeling her inner cowgirl during the fest and at the Forever 21 BBQ, the Brazilian supermodel naturally wore a skin-is-in look anchored by her Forever 21 suede fringe halter top and teeny cutoff denim shorts. I loved the addition of her turquoise jewelry, tall cowboy boots, and wide-brimmed cowboy hat for plenty of kitschy fun.

Gigi Hadid: Rocking another look with plenty of fringe benefits, Gigi was spotted on Day 2, where she added chains and charm to her ensemble consisting of an ASOS fringe suede collar, black cutoffs, a Guess body chain, and H&M ankle boots. With her long blonde windswept waves, she managed to put an adorable spin on Coachella dressing.

Coachella 2

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: At the festival’s Coach Backstage event, the model could have actually been anywhere but Coachella with the relaxed-chic vibe of her breezy, polished look. Wearing a white shirt with her pastel, mint-green Coach skirt, sunnies and choker necklace, along with a killer pair of stiletto booties, she completed the look with the most Coachella-esque component of the whole ensemble: a studded Coach Rivets Dakotah bag.

Jourdan Dunn: Another model, another quintessential Coachella look. Jourdan oozed cool-girl appeal with her black crop top, fringed mini shorts, and buckle boots, highlighting her forever-long legs. Her accessories really are what caught my eye, though—from her hippie-retro Quay Australia Chelsea Girl round sunglasses, to her lime-green Coach Rivets Dakotah bag, not to mention that silver tribal statement necklace and row upon row of Allison Bryan ‘Bead’ bracelets.

Fergie: The songstress apparently brought her entire scarf collection with her. But her Raquel Allegra sheer black tank, distressed denim cutoffs, Alberta Ferretti brown suede vest, and Celine mini bag would have been better served without the polka-dot, leopard, and floral-print scarf trick.

Coachella 3

Kendall Jenner: Taking her Day 2 look into slightly more feminine territory, she played the role of Coachella princess in a Jen’s Pirate Booty crop top, Sass
& Bide ‘Soul Kitchen’ slit pants—which could have passed as a skirt—an Etro fringe bag, and the same Saint Laurent boots from the day before. A headpiece and body chain topped off the look.

Julianne Hough: Bringing the sunshine with her, Julianne’s floral-embellished Zimmerman playsuit was an adorable, hippie-dippy match to her cotton-candy-pink hair and equally punchy yellow Kate Spade New York ‘Brigit’ sunglasses. She finished the happy look with Frye Company ‘Reina’ booties.

Sarah Hyland: The ‘Modern Family’ starlet as looked to a brighter color palette in her cute floral frock worn with a neon bikini top and a crown of flowers. A fun paif of striped Loeffler Randall ‘Alfie’ espadrille sneakers and tons of beaded bracelets, cuffs, and necklaces finished her look.

Coachella 44

Cody Simpson and Gigi Hadid: On Day 3, Cody and Gigi made for a classic Coachella couple, he in fringe and cutoffs and she in a subtly romantic twist on boho style. I loved the more flowing lines of her white cover-up dress and her headscarf—no shoes required.

Rihanna: I’m not sure what festival Rihanna was at, but perhaps lavender fur will be the next big Coachella trend. The full-length coat from London design duo Marques’Almedia just look stifling hot, although it did have shoulder slits for slight relief. The colour fun continued with RiRi’s newly auburn locks, purple lip, and hot-pink boots, but even with Coachella’s anything-goes fashion spirit, this rule-breaking look was rather ridiculous. She was really dancing to the beat of her own style drum.

Coachella 5

Katy Perry: Also going the way of the boho princess, Katy covered up in a flowing coral Lanvin dress, embellished with tribal chokers and a fringe bag. In a sea of hot pants and crop tops, I would be remiss to say that this wasn’t a refreshing take on festival dressing.

Bella Thorne: Speaking of hot pants, the starlet put on her own white pair on Day 1. Her yellow floral crown had more coverage than her cutoffs and striped midriff-baring top, but she’s young, her body is toned to perfection, and this is Coachella, so enough said. I did love those flirty pink shades.

Credit: Getty & FameFlynet

Emmy Rossum & Allison Williams In Ralph Lauren - Save Venice Masked Ball

Emmy Rossum & Allison Williams In Ralph Lauren – Save Venice Masked Ball

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

26 Responses to 2015 Coachella Music Festival Style Roundup

1. Katia April 22, 2015 at 09:13 #

Kendall’s bikini top is Isabel Marant, her ridiculous shorts are Redone and the gorgeous necklace is Dylanlex.

2. kane April 15, 2015 at 21:16 #

Another year, another puzzled “what is this?” Not even Inauguration Day can make me feel more European.

3. Bailey April 14, 2015 at 20:23 #

Love Rosie and Gigi’s outfits!!

4. Kat April 14, 2015 at 12:55 #

Not a fan of Rosie’s hair blown back like this. Her look is very her – and doesnt have that coachelle wannabe-ness, but it’s a bit too polished. Gotta say Alessandra and kendall day 2 looked great though. Don’t even get me started on bella thorne’s body! she could give the models a run for their money any day..

5. Charlotte April 14, 2015 at 08:11 #

They all look ridiculous !

6. Chris April 14, 2015 at 07:20 #

Everyone is fringing like there’s no tomorrow.

7. Nat39 April 14, 2015 at 04:18 #

Julianne. Cute and playful, she did the whole Coachella – festival in the park thing effortlessly w/o overdoing it.

8. Claire April 14, 2015 at 03:35 #

Most of these outfits are completely contrived and almost laughable. I’m one of the few of my friend group who cannot stand the faux-hippie, flower crown, ripped denim aesthetic that Coachella brings out of usually fashionable people.

That being said, Alessandra is rocking that reprehensible aesthetic somehow. Gigi’s day 2 looks very cute, not trying too terribly hard (you know, comparatively.) I actually rather like Kendall’s day 2 look (but don’t get me started on day 1.)

9. lindy April 14, 2015 at 00:23 #

Too funny. Designer fake hippie festival wear. Like Halloween for the spring.

10. Phoenix April 14, 2015 at 00:06 #

Looks like fun…

11. TeaAtTwo April 13, 2015 at 23:19 #

Rosie and Julianne are the only looks I really like. Everyone else looks too try hard over styled. I give Katy points for going for a different take.

12. Alex April 13, 2015 at 22:48 #

The thing I find hilarious about this music festival is how most celebrities look like they are trying too hard to look cool. Overall, I think Julianne Hough looks best in Zimmermann. She looks happy and it seems to be a great choice for an event like this.

• dee April 13, 2015 at 22:51 #

I agree, most everyone looks try hard and fake. Julianne and Rosie are passable.

13. JHH36 April 13, 2015 at 22:35 #

Most of these women and girls except for maybe Rosie look like they are wearing a costume of that you are supposed to wear to music festival. Yes, I agree thanks for the laughs. Some of these girls are about as bohemian as Nancy Reagan and when they try so hard to look bohemian, it is hysterical.

14. sophie April 13, 2015 at 21:45 #

These looks are part of why Coachella is known as Asshole Festival *g*

I like Katy’s the best, gorgeous gown that works on her beautifully.

15. Magdalena April 13, 2015 at 21:09 #

Katy’s wearing Lanvin spring 2015.

16. Yeliz April 13, 2015 at 19:18 #

Kendall’s Day 2 look and Rosie are my favourites of the bunch.
    Bella also wore a maxi dress from H&M’s Coachella collection to the H&M Loves Coachella Party, she was one of my favourites as well.

17. K April 13, 2015 at 19:15 #

For me, Alessandra is the QUEEN of Coachella. Year after year, her wardrobe is still on point, and to me, she totally embodies the free spirit of the festival. Most of the others just look like “chella” wannabes.

18. pinksugar April 13, 2015 at 19:06 #

Everyone looks like they are in ridiculous costumes and clearly only there to be seen accept for Fergie and Alessandra who just look like their usual selves. Julianne’s outfit isn’t bad but her hair looks stupid. Kendall looked like a joke all weekend. As did her sister. The very definition of thirst.

19. Evita April 13, 2015 at 19:05 #

I like Gigi’s and Kendall’s both looks and I also found Katy’s look interesting

20. Iva April 13, 2015 at 19:03 #

Rosie is the only one I kinda like.

21. Christine April 13, 2015 at 18:59 #

I like Alessandra’s look

22. Laraine April 13, 2015 at 18:58 #

Thanks for the laugh. Oh how I love Coachella photos!!

• Mick April 14, 2015 at 09:04 #

Really! Apart from maybe RHW, whose look I don’t love but it’s ok, there’s not another one I don’t find ridiculous.
      It’s a music festival after all, why do people have to play dress up?

23. justme April 13, 2015 at 18:54 #

I like Gigi’s Day 3 look.