Menu

23.03.15 Premiere

Rihanna In Christian Dior – ‘Home’ LA Premiere

Rihanna In Christian Dior - 'Home' LA Premiere2

Rihanna attended the Los Angeles premiere of ‘Home’ held at the Regency Village Theatre on Sunday (March 22) in Westwood, California.

The singer wore her first Dior look following the brand’s announcement of her as their newest ambassador.

As I feared, the look just didn’t work.

Her pink Dior silk leather satin dress was all wrong for Rihanna.

Wrong style, unflattering shape. Even in a time when she’s dialled down the sex appeal for softer looks, this one doesn’t cut it. It doesn’t even come close.

I would say I am bitterly disappointed, but I had prepared to be disappointed.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana In Cushnie et Ochs - 26th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

Zoe Saldana In Cushnie et Ochs – 26th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

Elisabeth Moss In J. Mendel - 'Mad Men' New York Screening

Elisabeth Moss In J. Mendel – ‘Mad Men’ New York Screening

38 Responses to Rihanna In Christian Dior – ‘Home’ LA Premiere

1. Zineb March 25, 2015 at 23:24 #

Gosh! Awful ! And awful pairing ! I can not see Rihanna as a Dior representative because it’s just not her, it’s not her personal style. Exactly like the not so succesful pairing of Gisele and Chanel, it was just not right, she was not a Chanel girl.
    Anyway, Dior style and creativity wise has been really low, ever since Galliano left, I haven’t been excited by a single Dior offering.
    Please FC, put this on the WDOTY list !

2. Louise March 24, 2015 at 09:53 #

Wow. This is the first time in ages that I’ve been unimpressed with a Rihanna look. So disappointing. I think that dress is just plain ugly.

3. kevinappears March 24, 2015 at 07:51 #

WDOTY worthy, and I bet more terrible looks are on the way.

4. Prudence March 24, 2015 at 05:19 #

LAWDDDDD THE DIOR CONTRACTS STRIKES AGAIN.

This may be Rihs worst look in recent history. She looks at least 25 years older. Lord, what a mess, I cannot. Thankfully this is a seasonal contract so she is not locked in like the Jennifers and Marion.

5. Phoenix March 24, 2015 at 00:04 #

This is one of her worst. Awful dress, and dont like the styling.

6. Bailey March 23, 2015 at 21:58 #

Hating everything about this look. Dress is doing nothing for her and just looks bad. The hair isn’t working and the dark lip is too much

7. Jai March 23, 2015 at 19:25 #

Wow, easily one of her worst-ever looks and this from a girl who can pull off nearly anything.

8. Carrie March 23, 2015 at 19:19 #

…. everything you said, plus it’s wrinkled!

9. sanette March 23, 2015 at 19:00 #

This is terrible, so unflattering and it looks really cheap. I don’t understand why she would ever want to become one of Dior’s faces.

10. Sandi March 23, 2015 at 18:49 #

It seems that Dior looks awful on mostly everyone. But I think Rihanna could make the label look cool if she is allowed to put her own rock and roll spin on the styling and if she carefully edits and chooses what ensemble to wear. She should definitely stay clear of the prim Audrey Hepburn reference which I find matronly in 2015 and does not suit her. She could be stunning in the right Dior outfit as she did in the red Alaia dress.

11. Amanda March 23, 2015 at 17:16 #

Dior ruins stylish ladies!!

• pinksugar March 23, 2015 at 21:34 #

I have to agree with this. I am amazed so many women keep wearing Dior because it ends up being some of their worst dressed moments. It’s hard to take the sexy out of Rihanna but this dress did just that. I also hate the dark lipstick.

12. Renè March 23, 2015 at 16:19 #

… but from neck up she is gorgeous

13. Pedro March 23, 2015 at 16:03 #

#FreeRihanna
    #FreeMarion

Dior ruins everything.

• Nat39 March 23, 2015 at 17:36 #

Normally I’d agree, but on this occasion it’s all Riri ruining the classy and ladylike Dior.

• justme March 23, 2015 at 18:01 #

#FreeJennifer as well lol

14. Cookie March 23, 2015 at 15:29 #

Another celeb has gone down the Dior rabbit hole.

• Fanny March 23, 2015 at 15:47 #

That sums it up.

• CreoleLady March 23, 2015 at 22:31 #

Lol, yep. Ugly, wrinkled, ill-fitting Prada knock-off. What’s to love?

15. Yeliz March 23, 2015 at 15:19 #

This is so awful, but I’m not surprised. I wasn’t excited about this collaboration anyway.

16. Nat39 March 23, 2015 at 15:17 #

Disappointing is an understatement. This is plain TRAGIC.

• Nat39 March 23, 2015 at 15:23 #

Dior looks like a cheap wrinkled Prada dress on her, can’t do anything about the tattoos but that dark lip is a murder.

17. dee March 23, 2015 at 14:56 #

Awful.

18. Anne March 23, 2015 at 14:45 #

I was really trying to find one redeeming thing about this look, but I can’t find one. None of it works.

19. Noemi March 23, 2015 at 14:37 #

This dress would look awful on everybody, it looks a bit cheap and poorly fitted. I find this length really unflattering, most of all with a dress made with stiff fabric.
    The hairstyle is terrible and the makeup, too.
    I think that most of us already knew that this would have been a bad match. That’s what happens when brands choose ambassadors because of their many movies coming out or because of their Twitter/Instagram following.

20. Maria March 23, 2015 at 13:42 #

I agree. I don’t like it at all. I’m still optimistic though and think with the right dress and some of her unique style twists she can really make Dior work for her.

21. meme March 23, 2015 at 13:34 #

this would be awful on anyone. what would rhianna hook up with Dior anyway? she’s more suited to McQueen or Westwood.

22. Christine March 23, 2015 at 13:05 #

What I feared too. SMH

This is so wrong for her. I get the feeling this partnership is not going to work

23. Ariya March 23, 2015 at 12:51 #

She could have easily rocked those dior couture dresses like the one on Jennifer or any from that collection.

But this…no just no! Even the hair and makeup is not good.

24. MNev March 23, 2015 at 12:36 #

She better not have the same contract as J.Law, Natalie, Marion…. I cannot deal with Rihanna being taken down by Dior as well. I don’t hate this from behind. I think it is a sweet look for a children’s movie premiere and with the hair, I am gettng some Audrey Hepburn vibes, but the fit is terrible, the length is wrong, the shoes are wrong, and the knowledge of how much better RiRi can do is killing me.

25. james March 23, 2015 at 12:31 #

Rihanna is like Salma Hayek, she has a natural sex-appeal that she cannot hife not matter what so wth is that? I am sad she wasn’t an amabassador for Gucci or Versace where her sexiness would have been used properly and in a classy way. Dior is for boring actresses of a certain age such as Natalie Portman. Sad all the way 🙁

• Noemi March 23, 2015 at 14:31 #

You define Natalie Portman, a talented and classy woman who is 33 years old, as a boring actress of a certain age (Rihanna is 6 years younger, she’s not 18)… are you serious?

• james March 23, 2015 at 16:12 #

Natalie Portman is a talented actress and classy but she has aged tremendously lately and everytime she wears Dior, she ages even further. She looks like she is in her 40’s. Rihanna looks like she is 18 years which is why I don’t get the Dior collaboration though as a Black woman, I say good for her. And yes, NP on the RC is very boring. Just my opinion. Dior should be worn by women over 40 in my humble opinion. The likes of J.Lawrence or Rihanna are way too young to be wearing this brand unless they spice up a bit their designs.

• Noemi March 23, 2015 at 17:01 #

Well, I agree with you about the fact that Dior is for mature women. I don’t know anybody younger than 60 who buys Dior, to be honest.
          I never understood some choices, I mean, except for the fact that brands lately only look after successful actresses and singers. I think that Mila Kunis did nothing for the image of Dior, and Jennifer Lawrence is doing nothing to it.
          I find that luxury brands are very disconnected from their real target of clients, what do you think?

26. liz March 23, 2015 at 12:30 #

FC, we were all prepared to be disappointed.

I’m basically resigned to hate everything from Dior until Raf Simons is replaced.

27. Lucas March 23, 2015 at 12:26 #

Rihanna would rock the edge dior looks, so i’m sad she opted for This Ugly dress with This poor fabric.

28. Charlotte March 23, 2015 at 12:17 #

One again, an awful dress by Dior !
    The dress is ugly and it makes her look so much wider than she is.

Her make uo is gorgeous though, on the close-up she is so beautiful !

29. Hermoine March 23, 2015 at 11:53 #

Absolutely no!!! That looks terrible on her, not flattering in the least.