Menu

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 'Serena' New York Screening

Jennifer Lawrence attended the screening of her latest movie ‘Serena’ on Saturday (March 21) in New York City.

The actress wore a Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture striped sequin and off white cotton guipure dress, with cut-out details which had me singing hallelujah.

All too often I find Jennifer’s looks can be aging, but here she opts for a contemporary look which is modern, injecting a youthful viability back into her red carpet repertoire, taking me back to the good ol’ days of her first Hunger Games promo tour.

The look was styled with Kimberly Mcdonald and Ana Khouri jewels and simple sandals.

Are you as excited about this look as I am?

Jennifer Lawrence Dior March

After Party: For the after party, she changed out of her Dior Couture frock for a simple satin Helmut Lang ‘Mere’ dress, keeping the hair and beauty, but changing the accessories to complement this look. This look is more in keeping with her simple style, but I’m glad it wasn’t a red carpet option.

Press Junket: Earlier in the day, Jennifer looked like she meant business, achieving a high standard of style and comfort, wearing a Dior black and off white graphic knitted wool top with a swishy skirt. Celebrity power dressing is certainly back with a vengeance.
How do these looks fair?

NMT9D0J_mz

You can buy Jennifer’s Helmut Lang Mere Belted Sleeveless Satin Dress from
Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kerry Washington In Hellessy - 26th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

Kerry Washington In Hellessy – 26th Annual GLAAD Media Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad - 'Home' LA Premiere

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad – ‘Home’ LA Premiere

26 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture & Helmut Lang – ‘Serena’ New York Screening, After-Party & Press Junket

1. Amy March 25, 2015 at 17:47 #

the last looks is the real thing: very chic.

2. Agathe March 25, 2015 at 10:59 #

First thing that came to my mind when I saw this Dior dress (that I don’t dislike by the way):

3. Claire March 24, 2015 at 10:44 #

She’s looking gorgeous on these three occasions! My favorite has to be the first look, as it’s so young and fresh and she manages to look very classy, it’s not an easy look to pull off. I’m less keen on the Helmut Lang dress but it’s classic. The third look is also very chic. So nice to see her legs, she’s got stunning ones!

4. Dhppy March 24, 2015 at 05:15 #

If a wealthy woman were headed to a street walker theme party, the first Dior ensemble is probably what she’d come up with. However, when she came back to her senses, the third look (press junket ensemble) would be a smart choice.

5. Phoenix March 23, 2015 at 23:59 #

The first one is tacky. The third I love, she looks mega cool!

6. Bailey March 23, 2015 at 22:00 #

Really like the first look on her and her hair looks great too.

7. pinksugar March 23, 2015 at 21:42 #

Cage dancer is all I see int he first look. Too Vegas for my liking. The premiere dress was a total snooze. The sweater is as good as it gets here.

8. Claire March 23, 2015 at 15:37 #

I love all these looks, especially Look 1 and Look 3. That skirt/top combo for look three is absolutely flawless, and I love her sunglasses there too. She really is the girl on fire with these looks!

9. Nicky March 23, 2015 at 15:33 #

Love the first, like the third, meh for the second.

10. dee March 23, 2015 at 15:01 #

I like the 1st and 3rd look. Not crazy about the 2nd look.

11. Anne March 23, 2015 at 14:51 #

I’m honestly a bit surprised these looks are generating so much dislike. I think she looks pretty great in the screening’s Dior dress (even if I find the skirt a bit short). I love the sequins, hair and makeup. The other two looks aren’t super, but she looks event appropriate and stylish. The last look is definitely more conservative, but I wouldn’t classify it as aging.

But, to each her own!

12. Noemi March 23, 2015 at 14:43 #

I love the third look, the first is just ok, but at least it’s something fresh.

13. meme March 23, 2015 at 13:39 #

The Dior dress looks far better on Jennifer than the model but that’s not saying much. LOVE the Lang dress and the second Dior outfit though.

14. Chris March 23, 2015 at 13:19 #

I love the premiere dress! I was really excited when I saw this, because it feels ‘young’ and edgy somehow and it’s a really welcome change from the kind of dresses she usually picks.
    I also think that the third look is very elegant and chic as well, but maybe a bit aging.
    I don’t like the after party dress.

15. Yeliz March 23, 2015 at 12:59 #

I think she looks great in all of these looks.

16. Penny March 23, 2015 at 12:36 #

UGH, that first Dior dress. I can’t even find a single thing to like about it: it reminds me of a bad late 80s swimming suit mixed with something Julia Roberts wore in pretty woman! Why, oh why, would her stylist choose this awful outdated look for her? I agree it’s “younger,” but not in a good way. (Question: is she still with Rachel Zoe? Because that would explain a lot…).

17. Valissa March 23, 2015 at 11:43 #

Her Dior at the screening is wonderful! She actually looks comfortable and age appropriate…it also seems to suit her personality. Much better than those OTT Dior gowns they usually put her in.

Unfortunately, she went back to unflattering and ageing in the bottom two looks.

18. Marcel March 23, 2015 at 11:23 #

The couture dress is the only outing that I absolutely hated in that collection.
    I love the 3rd look.

19. elena March 23, 2015 at 11:22 #

She looks fantastic in the Dior dress!!! Love it

20. kane March 23, 2015 at 10:51 #

Look 1: Hair and make-up are great, the dress is styled down/better than on the runway, but frankly what she’s working with is plain bad. I can’t quite put into words just how much I hate that collection.

Look 2: Rather non-descriptive. Looks what we wore on school parties in the 90s.

Look 3: Now there: simple, elegant, stylish.

• kane March 23, 2015 at 10:58 #

On? A little Germanism right there. At, I guess.

21. Christine March 23, 2015 at 10:49 #

I like her premiere and press junket looks. They’re not bad

22. Charlotte March 23, 2015 at 10:47 #

The dress is awful !

• Charlotte March 23, 2015 at 10:48 #

I was talking about her Dior dress, but the other one is not good either, really cheap looking. Her last look is good but way too mature for her, it’s something for Nicole Kidman.

• Fiona-Brasil March 23, 2015 at 17:33 #