Menu

24.02.15

Rita Ora In Donna Karan Atelier – 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Rita Ora In Donna Karan Atelier - 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Rita Ora attended the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar party held at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday (February 22) in Beverly Hills, California.

Feeling rather thirsty following her performance at the main event, the British songstress wore a side butt revealing gown I was surprised to learn was Donna Karan Atelier.

I like the idea and the style, however, Donna (and Rita) lost me at the mesh part which reveals too much at the back for my liking.

This also gave me a rather strong feeling of déjà vu, taking me back to Jaimie Alexander’s Azzaro ‘Thor’ premiere look.

Credit: Getty

Amy Adams In Atelier Versace - 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Amy Adams In Atelier Versace – 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture - 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Jennifer Lopez In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

41 Responses to Rita Ora In Donna Karan Atelier – 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Sofia February 26, 2015 at 17:51 #

Rita tried to be the talk of the town… She would have made if Irina Shayk wasn’t in the building.

2. Parvati February 25, 2015 at 19:22 #

I immediately thought of Jamie Alexander’s Azzaro dress, too. Rita looked so good on the red carpet, why did she have to ruin it?

3. Phoenix February 24, 2015 at 23:18 #

I actually didnt mind it from the front…..it was from the back that I just had to shake my head. Wtf. She just had to take it to tackyville. Such a shame.

4. alvaro_spain February 24, 2015 at 18:33 #

Gorgeous! Love the hair and the styiling.

Love the front of the dress, if it had covered the ass, it’d have been perfect!

5. tuftufwang February 24, 2015 at 16:07 #

Donna Karen? What a low point in her design career.

6. Larissa February 24, 2015 at 14:18 #

I saw Rita looking good and kinda classy at the Oscars and I knew it was too good to last and in no time she appears again wearing…..this. This dress is so vulgar I can’t even find the words to describe it and I’m side-eyeing Donna Karan so hard right now for creating this joke of a gown.

7. Mem February 24, 2015 at 12:42 #

Whoa DK you are so much better than this trash. I cannot believe she designed this hideous getup.

8. manja February 24, 2015 at 11:14 #

no words

9. Alina February 24, 2015 at 09:01 #

After looking so classy at the main event, she decides to wear this?!

10. Guest February 24, 2015 at 08:43 #

Was it made at a request by Ora, cause really, why would any designer cheapen themselves by producing such a hideous and cheap piece of c**p?

11. Mimmi February 24, 2015 at 07:58 #

Seriously, what the hell?!?!

12. Yeliz February 24, 2015 at 07:55 #

Can’t believe that this is Donna Karan either. So bad.

13. dressaddict February 24, 2015 at 07:45 #

How about Irina Shayk that had almost the same dress at the Vanity Fair afterparty?

14. Prudence February 24, 2015 at 07:41 #

JESUSSSSSSSS SAVE THESE GIRLS! I CANNOT STAND THESE WOMEN. WHY ARE THEY SOO DESPERATE?? YALL GET SOO MUCH ATTENTION ALREADY. WHY WHY WHY? WHERE IS THE SELF RESPECT. WHERE IS YOUR INTEGRITY. WHERE IS YOUR MAMA???????????????????????????????????

15. TeaAtTwo February 24, 2015 at 05:48 #

Haha FC, your writing makes me laugh ‘ Feeling rather thirsty’ – some serious shade there. After looking good at the awards show to this. This is definitely WDOTY contender. Her and Irina Shayk were vulgar embarrassment to this red carpet.

16. Pedro February 24, 2015 at 04:16 #

This is tacky, try hard and trashy even for Rita.

Another Worst Dressed Celebrity Of The Year for her! lol

17. snowlion February 24, 2015 at 03:31 #

Revolting.

• Pascale February 24, 2015 at 04:23 #

Truly. What else is there ?

• EmmaWoodhouse February 24, 2015 at 13:04 #

+1000. It’s appallingly bad. And after her red carpet gown, which was one of her best looks ever! Such a come down.

18. Leo February 24, 2015 at 03:07 #

Worst dressed of the night? I can’t believe there was a team of people behing this and everyone just believed this was a good idea. Tacky tacky tacky.

19. olive February 24, 2015 at 02:13 #

I felt sorry for D K though, what did your inspiration come from? A prostitute?

20. Arwa February 24, 2015 at 01:58 #

I don’t know if you have seen Irina Shayk in the same event wearing almost identical version of this from Atelier Versace Spring 2015? To be honest when I saw the Versace one on Style.com I didn’t think one would wear this kind of dresses. But apparently I was wrong, and there are fans for nearly nothing kinda dresses. I’m not against women wearing whatever they like. But I don’t think I would pay $100,000+ (not that I can ) on dress that has no fabric. This kinda dresses reminds me of Hans Christian’s The Emperor’s New Clothes story.

21. CreoleLady February 24, 2015 at 01:57 #

I am disappointed in Donna Karan. As for this one, her butt is not that great clothed, what makes her think … oh, never mind. I just remembered, I heard she had a bit part in 50 Shades of Gray. Guess she’s “an actress” now *snort*.

22. Peony February 24, 2015 at 01:55 #

So, so tacky. Donna Karan, really? If the opaque panel at least went all the way across the backside, it could have been redeemed.

23. Claire February 24, 2015 at 01:54 #

So incredibly tacky. I was hoping for at little elegance from Rita for the Oscars of all things, but this is just gauche. This isn’t the VMA’s!

24. JHH36 February 24, 2015 at 01:33 #

This is so awful. Maybe Tom Ford or Versace would so something this trashy but to see it from Donna Karan is shocking. And the train is just nasty.

25. Bec February 24, 2015 at 01:32 #

So tacky, expecially with the tattoos on display…..there’s no way the back of the dress stayed put all night with dancing etc….everyone would definitely got an eyeful of crack!

26. julyol1972 February 24, 2015 at 01:25 #

Blech! How desperately tacky, and awesomely thirsty is this getup? Someone on another site said she was “pooping fabric”, and now that’s all I can see.

This is not lovely, nor is there anything redeeming about it….it’s tacky, and Donna Karan should’ve been ashamed to put her name on it. Once again, Rita proves she can rival Kim K for attention seeking antics. She might as well have been naked on the RC!

This is too reminiscent of the Jamie Alexander dress (which I thought was tacky also), and the Rihanna dress which was done much better, slayed at the CFDA, and featured underwear. Actual underwear!!! The thought of her sitting in the chairs with nothing but a scrap of netting and a pray, is nauseating. Also, hate the Brigitte Nielsen hair!

Thirst Award of the Night!!!

• ChristinA February 24, 2015 at 19:02 #

I think you may have a point re hygiene implications of her (lack of) outfit. In fact, you may have about 30 well-formulated points in your rant. I hope Rita Ora reads it!

• Vera February 25, 2015 at 18:00 #

You’d think, at this point, that people understand how they sit and how their body works. I mean, when you sit naked, the parts you are thinking of, the ones that need to be protected, do not touch the surface of the chair. Only your buttocks do it, but I daresay they are cleaner that most people’s hands. There is no risk with this dress for Rita, as the dress has a train, she’ll sit on top of that.

And you can only wear a dress like this in certain days of the month (I won’t say anymore because this is a very ewwww subject), not all days, certainly not when there is a risk.

Tacky, yes. Unnecessary, yes. Absurd, yes. But unsanitary, no.

27. pinksugar February 24, 2015 at 01:24 #

This is so beyond trashy. Not only for an Oscar event but to wear period. No one wants or needs to see your rear at an a-list event.

• Bailey February 24, 2015 at 01:55 #

• Noemi February 24, 2015 at 09:36 #

I agree, this is beyond tacky, I can’t believe that it’s Donna Karan.

• dee February 24, 2015 at 14:57 #

+1000

28. Christine February 24, 2015 at 01:23 #

What an offensive ripoff. So offensive that Donna Karan would stoop this low. From that marvelous Diane Kruger fabulous shut down to this stankness.

Ew.

• Jenny February 24, 2015 at 06:36 #

Agreed!
      The designer is crazy to follow rita’s instructions and losing her reputation all in one gown

29. Alex February 24, 2015 at 01:21 #

Tacky and inappropriate

• arouet-marie February 24, 2015 at 08:49 #

• ayatlaw February 24, 2015 at 16:32 #

I mean really! How desperate!

• bas February 24, 2015 at 22:07 #