Menu

24.02.15

Lady Gaga In Alaia – 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter - Arrivals

Following her performance at the Oscars, Lady Gaga attended the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party held at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday (February 22) in Beverly Hills, California.

This was her third Alaia gown of the night, following the red carpet and the performance, but sadly it was my least favourite of the three.

Yes, it possessed plenty of drama with that sweeping train and the dark cherry lip, but I’m so very bored by the body of the dress, which is totally and deliberately see-through.

This is when I don’t favour sheerness.

Her thong is completely visible, as are the twins. It’s all in very, very bad taste.

Credit: Getty

Christina Aguilera In Marc Bouwer - 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Christina Aguilera In Marc Bouwer – 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Jessica Chastain In H&M Conscious Collection - 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Jessica Chastain In H&M Conscious Collection – 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

24 Responses to Lady Gaga In Alaia – 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Noemi February 25, 2015 at 14:12 #

“Why doesn’t one of these girls just run naked on the red carpet and get it over with?” You’re so right!

2. kane February 25, 2015 at 11:24 #

I wasn’t aware that it was sheer 🙁

3. Cuteboy February 24, 2015 at 23:27 #

Its quite an odd dress – In the official Vanity Fair Oscar Party Portraits it comes across as one block, not sheer, which makes me unsure of if it is intentionally sheer or just a very bad material.

Regardless, in my opinion it is one of her best looks ever – its just a shame you can see everything.

(http://photos.vanityfair.com/2015/02/23/54eba3c88a2fdf6464602afa_oscars-seliger-lady-gaga-cop.jpg)

4. Regina February 24, 2015 at 21:49 #

But, FC, when Rihanna did this last year at the CFDA Awards you said she looked dazzling.

5. TeaAtTwo February 24, 2015 at 20:58 #

Her brazen hussy style is so desperate.

6. Bailey February 24, 2015 at 20:42 #

At first my mind was blown by this look for its dramatic normality on Lady Gaga. However, upon realizing it was sheer enough to see her entire body, I’m not so in love

7. julyol1972 February 24, 2015 at 20:36 #

I’ll forever laud Rihanna’s sheer dress to the CFDAs! For 1) Rihanna has pushed fashion boundaries for years, and continued to stay true to herself in the process. 2) It was the perfect occasion to wear such a dress to a celebration of all things fashion.

My problem with all the sheer on the Oscar party carpets is that it reeks of desperation, and media-whoring at it’s finest! Rita, and Irina….they’re all still trying to make their marks, and what better way to do it, than with little more than scraps of cloth covering their important bits. All the better to be in all over the media for the next week.

But Gaga is actually uber talented, and it’s a shame that the same night we were lauding her fantastic performance, she wore this monstrosity. I wish she’d just let her talent speak for her, and let the thirsty birds above have their moment!

8. Yeliz February 24, 2015 at 19:59 #

After her great performance look at not so bad (without the gloves) red carpet look, I expected a nice, a bit decent after party look, but this, this is plain awful and a WDOTY-worthy look.

9. Sam February 24, 2015 at 19:52 #

FC …u just echoed my sentiments…..y do these girls even bother putting on these types of clothes…………..imagine in years to come…what will happen …fashion will be known as what?….I shudder to think…….Don’t you think we are regressing…like going back to homo sapiens evolution days. Y don’t women realize that you can be sexy without even showing an inch of skin.

10. steph February 24, 2015 at 19:47 #

What I find amusing is that the naked dress Rihanna wore was wildly inappropriate as well, and even more sheer, and yet it was positively received…not a fan of this, but to be fair, Riri was equally skanky and should not have been applauded for what was just another naked dress.

11. B February 24, 2015 at 19:33 #

It’s Alaïa, not Alaia.

12. JHH36 February 24, 2015 at 17:25 #

Please fashion powers that be — make sheer stop.

13. laila February 24, 2015 at 17:23 #

im sorry but i disagree she has a great body let her show it!!! she looks hot hot hot best she ever looked. give her some credit you guys she’s one of the people who faced lot of creticisim about her body image, she ROCKS.

• Marcel February 24, 2015 at 17:49 #

Because the only way of a woman showing her power is to rub her ho*ha on our faces….

14. meme February 24, 2015 at 17:17 #

What is the point of these tacky sheer dresses? The women wearing them look cheap and desperate. I don’t get it at all. No one wants to see your lady bits at the Oscars or Oscar parties. Classless.T

15. dee February 24, 2015 at 17:11 #

Terrible. The sheerness trend is tacky and overdone.

16. Larissa February 24, 2015 at 16:06 #

I’m sure total nakedness would somehow be classier than these see-through disasters I’ve seen today thanks to Gaga and Rita Ora.

17. pinksugar February 24, 2015 at 15:34 #

What a shame. I loved this until I realized it was sheer. No one gets a pass for a visible thong.

• Leti February 24, 2015 at 16:22 #

Me too. This would have been my favorite. Love the hair, makeup and moodiness of this look. I also thought this was the most flattering of the dresses she wore that night.

• Chris February 24, 2015 at 22:05 #

I thought it was a nice outfit until I saw this pic. What a desperate disaster. On the other hand, she is one of the tacky/cheap ones, so it would be a surprise if she actually wore sth classy and appropriate for the event.

18. lee February 24, 2015 at 15:27 #

her sound of music performance was so classy and then……….

• Christine February 25, 2015 at 01:27 #

I know right? SMH

19. Alina February 24, 2015 at 15:09 #

No words for this.

20. EmmaWoodhouse February 24, 2015 at 14:58 #

Hideously tacky, competing with Rita Ora for WDOTY.