Menu

Best Dressed Of The Week – Emmy Rossum In Donna Karan Atelier

Best Dressed Of The Week - Emmy Rossum In Donna Karan Atelier

I can finally take a breather to announce, not that there was any doubt, that Emmy Rossum was your best dressed last week.

While some questioned the colour and the straps, the rest of us were sold on Emmy’s Donna Karan Atelier gown plus her remarkable presence.

This is the kind of Donna Karan Atelier gown we all long to see more of and more often on the red carpet.

Credit: Getty

Models @ The 2015 Oscar Parties

Models @ The 2015 Oscar Parties

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2015 Oscars?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2015 Oscars?

11 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Emmy Rossum In Donna Karan Atelier

1. Allie February 25, 2015 at 10:50 #

Best Dressed on Oscar week is no small feat. The Oscars were a bit of a snooze this year :/ I did like some of the dresses there, but none of them really had the grand + fashionable down like this look. Good choice!

I also read somewhere that Emmy picked the “no-colour”-colour because it was the Costume Designers Guild Awards and she wanted to keep the focus on the costume designers. I like that thought.

2. cherrysoftness February 25, 2015 at 01:31 #

Dang, I wish this happened at the Oscars. THIS.

3. Larissa February 24, 2015 at 20:49 #

Emmy deserved so much to win in my opinion. She was simply stunning and oozing sophistication even in a simple gown like this. I agree that her beauty and class played a big part in making the look, but isn’t it always like this? I mean, the person who wears the dress is crucial as much as the piece he/she’s wearing. I remember ending up hating a beautiful Elie Saab pink gown that I loved on the runway just because Rita Ora was wearing it in the worst possible way. (Not hating on Rita, just making an example).

4. Alina February 24, 2015 at 20:13 #

I wasn’t so impressed by this as the majority. She looked beautiful, but you won’t see this on my BODTY list.

Odette was my winner this week.

5. Nat39 February 24, 2015 at 19:58 #

I do think that it’s a worthy pick for the last week but the neckline/bodice did look cheap/poorly made, it’s like a home-sewn ballet leotard and while she did carry it well and gracefully I wouldn’t exactly call that remarkable (I’d call Odette Annable’s supreme poise and posture remarkable though). Overall nothing that remarkable really, looking beautful is what she does. A nice BDOTW winner, surely, but I wouldn’t go overboard with the praise, which I thought was a little bit over-the-top.

• Nat39 February 24, 2015 at 23:55 #

…or actually the poise Kiernan possesses at her age – That(!) is, in fact, remarkable or the way Elisabeth Banks rocked ES gown the other week…

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 24, 2015 at 18:47 #

She is gorgeous and so put together. That said, I don’t like this dress…

7. Marcel February 24, 2015 at 18:37 #

“we all long to see ” ? Sorry for being the voice of dissension but I don’t . The bodice was just bland and ill fitted. It looked like undergarments.

• Nat39 February 24, 2015 at 20:08 #

I honestly doubt if this look/gown would’ve been this highly praised had someone else worn it. I think people were sold on Emmy’s beauty for the most part and overall grand feel of it.

8. meme February 24, 2015 at 18:30 #

And then Donna Karan went on to design that hideous slut dress for Rita Ora for the VF Oscar party.

9. Raf February 24, 2015 at 18:12 #