Menu

24.02.15

2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

Vanity Fair Party

Here is an quick roundup from the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party, which took place on Sunday (February 22).

Jane Fonda: The actress shows us that Zuhair Murad doesn’t always spell tacky. This Spring 2015 Couture jumpsuit is divine and she is working it like no other. Kudos to her. Jimmy Choo ‘Creole’ pumps and a Rauwolf clutch accessorized her look.

Regina King: This Nicolas Jebran gown won’t be to everyone’s taste, but I love the artful colours on this design. I don’t, however, like the illusion neckline. Not close enough to her skin tone.

Leslie Mann: Like Naomi Watts, Leslie went the white suiting route, layering up with a selection of gold Neil Lane jewels the look probably didn’t really require so much of.

Vanity Fair Party 2

Mindy Kaling: The actress wears colour 364 days of the year, choosing Oscar night to wear black. Once again, Salvador Perez does her proud in this form-fitting design accented with diamante detailing.

Abbie Cornish: The Australian actress wore a Jenny Packham Resort 2015 gunmetal-grey gown, which, despite the Gatsby influence and embellishments, read dull and rather boring.

Jenna Dewan Tatum: I think the actress should’ve stuck with her first Zuhair Murad gown; this rather uninspiring Fall 2014 Couture design isn’t a patch on it.

Vanity Fair Party 3

Heidi Klum: Here we have Heidi Klum in another Atelier Versace dress that I don’t like. Next.

Jaime King: Perhaps it’s the new hairstyle, the gold colour (which is washing her out) or that plunging neckline, but I couldn’t get on board with Jaime’s Altuzarra maternity look.

Brooklyn Decker: I guess her silvery blue Katie Ermilio gown is pretty enough, but I couldn’t get past the creases. There should really be a steamer in place at the start of these red carpets. I’m not sure about the dark metallic-blue Anya Hindmarch clutch with this look, but I do love those earrings.

Vanity Fair Party 4

Brie Larson: Not often one to do high glamour, I love the change of pace. This grand Dolce & Gabbana gown was effortlessly styled with an Edie Parker clutch and retro waves.

Andie MacDowell: The actress wore a Leanne Marshall silk organza rust, white and Bordeaux gown. I love the scorching fire-ball elements of the gown.

Vanity Fair Party 5

Minnie Driver: Opting for a summery look, the British actress wore a Pamella Roland Spring 2015 floral-print dress styled with a complementary fuchsia clutch and Pomellato jewels.

Juliette Lewis: I love this Stella Nolasco dress for being so summery and ultra-feminine. It totally stands out on an carpet full of fall-like hues.

Vanity Fair Party 6

Jennifer Hudson: Following the main-event Romona Keveza gown, the singer wore a Lorena Sarbu black velvet gown with diamond Chimento earrings and a Pasquale Bruni which was what she also wore for her performance.

Faith Hill: The country singer wore a Dolce & Gabbana polka dress with a tiered skirt, which is only new in length as we’ve seen this style a few times before.

Queen Latifah: The actress looked wearing a custom red one-shoulder gown featuring an embroidered cap sleeve by Edition by Georges Chakra styled with Carrera y Carrera gold flower earrings with rubies and diamonds.

Vanity Fair Party 7

Jenny Slate: The actress kept it super simple and chic in Honor.

Laura Dern: The actress fared much better in her Badgley Mischka gown. I prefer this over her heavy metal Alberta Ferretti gown.

Thandie Newton: Always a frontrunner in the style stakes, the British actress opted for a black number enriched with gold detailing.

Vanity Fair Party 8

Hannah Simone: The actress wore a Naeem Khan Fall 2015 gown made dramatic by the ombré coral hues and cut-outs.

Malin Akerman: Proving that sheer dresses are here to stay, the actress wore a black gracing gown from the Diane von Furstenberg Fall 2015 collection.

Vanity Fair Party 9

Keke Palmer: The actress wore a figure-flattering Stella McCartney white gown. Yes, we’ve seen this gown before in several colours, and I pretty sure, like all Stella gowns, we will have many more sightings of this look by the end of the year. Henri J. Sillam jewels, including a chunky necklace, rounded out her look.

Kat Dennings: While I love the gothic style of the look, I’m not a fan of the antique grey colour.

Vanity Fair Party 10

Eve Hewson: This shimmering gold corset gown needs no introduction. Of course it’s Vivienne Westwood. I’m delighted to see Eve wearing a colour other than black for a change.

Serena Williams: The tennis star doesn’t always get it right, but she looked dazzling in a custom Ines Di Santo scarlet-red silk gown with beaded illusion back.

Annabelle Wallis: The British actress wore a boho-inspired Valentino gown. I love the rich detailing on this frock.

Credit: Getty & FameFlynet

2015 Oscars Couples

2015 Oscars Couples

Models @ The 2015 Oscar Parties

Models @ The 2015 Oscar Parties

32 Responses to 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Red Carpet Roundup

1. Sofia February 26, 2015 at 18:02 #

Damn Jane!!!!!!!!

2. Parvati February 25, 2015 at 19:48 #

My favourite here is by far Andie McDowell.
    She is followed by Queen Latifah (who always looks amazing), Laura Dern and Thandie Newton.

3. WhiteLady February 25, 2015 at 11:56 #

Does anybody know who designed Thandie’s dress? I’ve been searching for it like crazy but can’t find a reference anywhere…

My post-Oscar’s parties top 5:
    1.-Hailee Steinfeld & Diane Kruger
    2.-Thandie Newton
    3.-Felicity Jones
    4.-Margot Robbie & Zoe Saldana
    5.-Hannah Simone

4. kane February 25, 2015 at 11:21 #

Again quite a mixed bag. I’ll stay with the positives: Love Thandie Newton’s dress, and the clutch styles it perfectly. Jenny Slate is my other favourite here. She’s turned her quiet elegance into a strength here, fabulous!

5. jessica paster February 25, 2015 at 02:08 #

…….Oscar parties……why change to another dress??????only if ur wearing a ballgown or super heavy…….so obv ” look at me…look at me….”….. luved my jenny slate and my Hannah simone….and was super excited for leslie mann…..too much jewelry?????I wanted a 20’s look…I wanted a layered jewelry look….it would jave been toooo simple …except if it was a darker lip…..fyi :)…..xxjess

6. Christine February 25, 2015 at 01:24 #

My favorite s Thandie Newton, Hannah SImone, Eve Hewson and Queen Latifah

7. Nat39 February 25, 2015 at 00:53 #

Brie, Thandie, and Naeem Khan gown on Hannah Simone is dreamy.

The grey gown on Kat Dannings looks suspiciously a lot like Cate Blanchett’s Valentino she wore last year at Cannes and got highly praised for it, interesting.

8. alvaro_spain February 24, 2015 at 22:47 #

Hannah Simone and Brie Larson are my faves from the bunch.

9. TeaAtTwo February 24, 2015 at 21:08 #

Queen Latifah and Hannah Simone are my favourites of this lot. Jane Fonda lookso good too. Disappointed to see Jaime in that Altuzurra dress as I hoped to see an elegant brunette work it. Malin and Heidi look tacky as usual.

10. Johan February 24, 2015 at 20:57 #

What about princess Marie-Chantal of Greece wearing Alexander McQueen?

11. Patricia February 24, 2015 at 20:52 #

Hannah Simone looks gorgeous. Malin Akerman looks great too.

12. Bailey February 24, 2015 at 20:36 #

Some great looks! Mindy looks fantastic in her slimming black gown with perfectly subtle detailing on the bodice. I like the pattern of Jenna’s dress but the neck appears to be choking her. I really like the dramatic choice for Brie, she looks so unrecognizable! Laura’s dress is really beautiful on her and I like the gold accents on Thandie’s dress.

13. Noemi February 24, 2015 at 20:20 #

Did Andie McDowell find a way to stop time?!? She looks great!

• cherrysoftness February 25, 2015 at 01:40 #

She stood out for me, there’s something magical about her look!

14. Yeliz February 24, 2015 at 20:14 #

Jenna Dewan, Juliette Lewis and Hannah Simone are my favourites of the bunch.

15. Alina February 24, 2015 at 20:03 #

I’m loving Eve Hewson’s look. The dress is gorgeous and it fits her to perfection, plus the styling is flawless.

Queen Latifah looks gorgeous too.

16. kelly February 24, 2015 at 19:43 #

love eve hewson’s look as it’s a nice change for her. hopefully she keeps moving into shades other than black. gorgeous.

17. Raquel February 24, 2015 at 19:30 #

Is this the worst dressed oscars of all time?!

18. pinksugar February 24, 2015 at 19:09 #

I hate reading the word “tacky” with Zuhair’s name as IMO he makes some of the most beautiful designs out there today. Having said that, I think Jane Fonda looks amazing here.

Klum looks ridiculous as per usual.

19. Leo February 24, 2015 at 18:53 #

Jane Fonda shut it down! She took a risk, that jumpsuit has a one way ticket to tackyville but she works it with her natural elegance, amazing look.

20. EmmaWoodhouse February 24, 2015 at 18:46 #

Wow, a lot to take in…
    Favorites here:
    Brie, Minnie, Jennifer, Laura, Thandie. Latifah looks nice as well.
    Kat Dennings’ gown brings to mind Cate Blanchett’s Valentino at Cannes
    Although it looks like a cheap knock-off. Cate wore it better!

Otherwise, there is a lot of tacky and tired trend (looking at you, Malin) here.

• msd February 24, 2015 at 23:41 #

Yes, Kat Dennings dress is a knock-off of the Valentino worn by Cate Blanchett last year at Cannes (which was then worn by Eddie Redmayne’s wife Hannah at the BAFTAs). You’d think plenty of designers would want to dress someone at the VF party … weird.

21. gabis February 24, 2015 at 18:32 #

Too.many.look.to.comment.at.once.lol.
    I do like Jane Fonda from the ankles up. Shoes are not working for me.
    Heide Klum flawless hair and makeup, tacky dress. Andie MacDowell, great look, beautiful dress.
    Laura Dern, much prefer this look over her Oscar’s one. Clutch isn’t working.
    My favorites are Juliette Lewis, Thandie Newton and Hannah Simone.

22. chachanyc February 24, 2015 at 18:32 #

Regina King looks amazing.

23. Iva February 24, 2015 at 18:15 #

Thandie.

24. sanette February 24, 2015 at 18:11 #

Brie Larson, Kat Dennings and Annabelle Wallis are my favourite here. Mindy Kaling looks amazing as well.

25. scarlett February 24, 2015 at 18:05 #

Love Jane Fonda and Annabelle Wallis. It’s nice to see Brie Larson change it up. I’m not a fan of Brooklyn Decker’s, it looks like a stray prom dress and Malin Akerman just screams desperate for attention, sheer and a plunging neckline, go away.

26. Kimma February 24, 2015 at 17:59 #

Yes to Queen Latifah, Hannah Simone (could have done a brighter lip), Regina King, Kat Dennings and Thandie Newton. No to pretty much everyone else.

27. John February 24, 2015 at 17:51 #

For the first time, I have to say that I like the Heidi Klum-Versace combo. Maybe it´s not her best look, but if you see the rest of the “almost naked dresses”, this is almost the best one.

28. Teleholic February 24, 2015 at 17:39 #

Kat looks fantastic, as does Anabelle Wallis, Thandie Newton and Brie Larson.

I’m so looking forward to your awards, FC!

29. JHH36 February 24, 2015 at 17:39 #

Jane Fonda, Jennifer Hudson, AnnabelleWallace look great. Heidi Klum looks ridiculous and while I like Juliet Lewis’ dress, it just so seasonally inappropriate. I am pretty sure that I wore something that looked like Minnie Driver’s dress to my prom and that was years ago.

• Carla February 24, 2015 at 21:12 #

It has been in the 80s in Los Angeles, so seasonal is relative. Juliette rarely missteps for me. I love this.