Menu

23.02.15

Nicole Kidman In Louis Vuitton – 2015 Oscars

Nicole Kidman In Louis Vuitton - 2015 Oscars

Nicole Kidman walked the red carpet on Sunday (February 22) at the 2015 Oscars, hosted at Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre.

Louis Vuitton was the designer of choice for Nicole, whose gown, shoes, and white crocodile Petite-Malle with crystal details clutch were all by the design house, with her jewels by Harry Winston.

Nicole’s strapless, yellow sequined gown put the focus on her tiny waist with a red belt. My favorite detail of the gown was the hemline, which had a torn, jagged-edged effect.

The actress’ hair and makeup were on point with many other starlets at the Oscars–simple and naturally radiant.

How do you feel about Nicole’s Oscars style?

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Aniston In Atelier Versace - 2015 Oscars

Jennifer Aniston In Atelier Versace – 2015 Oscars

Emma Stone In Elie Saab Couture - 2015 Oscars

Emma Stone In Elie Saab Couture – 2015 Oscars

38 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Louis Vuitton – 2015 Oscars

1. Dhppy February 28, 2015 at 05:15 #

This looks like gift wrapping. I expect it to tear as easily.

2. Parvati February 25, 2015 at 17:31 #

Another underwhelming look…

3. ramsay February 23, 2015 at 23:06 #

I like the idea of this dress: the fact that it reunites Nicole with Nicolas Ghesquiere the designer who has made so many of her most iconic dresses. I also think that positioning Nicole close to Vuitton (probably the hippest brand out there since Ghesquiere joined) is good for her image. It helps her seems cool and less prim than she’s seemed over the past few years. I also think that the idea of this dress is quite cool. It’s supposed to be a modern take on glamour: it’s not a princess gown, it has a graphic line and modern materials.
    The reality of this dress is different: the dress is ill-fitted. The idea is nice, but the execution is poor, from whatever angle something seems to be off. And it’s a shame, because had it been well executed it would have a really bold (albeit divisive) choice for the academy awards.

4. Tara February 23, 2015 at 17:31 #

This dress belong to Primark. If this dress weren’t from LV no-one will ever look at it twice.

5. Maria February 23, 2015 at 16:28 #

nice dress but not for the Oscars! where is the jewelry?

6. Molly February 23, 2015 at 15:46 #

Her hair was amazing. Doesn’t look it in these photos, but on TV, it was stunning and flattering and new – made her look very current. The photographs really don’t do justice to the look overall. While it wasn’t a home run, it didn’t look tacky as it does in the photos.

• Phoenix February 23, 2015 at 17:58 #

+1 Agree! The photos make her washed out but on tv when I saw a wide angle of the audience she stood out. Her dress was shining. Im not overly excited by the dress….i think it was the wrong event, but not nearly as bad as others are thinking.

7. gabis February 23, 2015 at 13:10 #

Very, very underwhelming. If she was so uninterested on the event she should’ve just stayed home.

8. J February 23, 2015 at 12:15 #

Stick to bags, Louis Vuitton.

• olive February 23, 2015 at 18:21 #

+1!

9. Kimma February 23, 2015 at 10:23 #

I don’t love or hate the dress itself, but the styling is awful. So disappointed in Nicole. She normally does so much better.

10. kane February 23, 2015 at 09:33 #

Wherever I look there is something that doesn’t fit: the colour, the red waistband (wtf), the simplistic cut, the shoes, the clutch, the hair. I can’t get over the fact that this is supposed to be the same person as the one shutting down Cannes one-and-a-bit years ago. I wasn’t even as wowed as everybody else back then, but I have now learned to appreciate those looks the very hard way.

11. Alex February 23, 2015 at 07:55 #

The dress is a no from me, but that clutch is hideous!

12. Valissa February 23, 2015 at 06:25 #

This is so disappointing. Nicole should not be one of my worst dressed at the Oscars but sadly she is.
    The gown is unappealing. From the yellow sequin to the red band to the jagged hem line. Even the hair and makeup look lazy. Huge miss for me 🙁

13. ashleyw February 23, 2015 at 06:24 #

It actually looked beautiful in motion, quite iridescent.

14. dafne February 23, 2015 at 05:30 #

amazing!

15. Peony February 23, 2015 at 05:20 #

It’s really quite an odd gown, but she looks statuesque and beautiful. The hair is great.

16. Alina February 23, 2015 at 05:18 #

I don’t like the dress and… I can’t say she wears it too well.

17. Mm February 23, 2015 at 04:54 #

The red band makes this dress look cheap. Don’t like the color with her complexion.

18. TeaAtTwo February 23, 2015 at 04:53 #

The gown is okay. The hair looks fresh but the shoes and clutch don’t work at all.

19. Jenny February 23, 2015 at 04:46 #

Nicole is no stranger to the oscars, fact she chosed this dress that does nothing at all but highlight that freezing face is puzzling.
    STYLING is a mess, that petite malle with this gown is not working at all

20. EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2015 at 04:09 #

I think it’s a really weird dress. It looks a cheesy costume, especially with that hem.

21. elle February 23, 2015 at 03:24 #

I moderately enjoy this although I wish the silhouette was a bit more interesting. I do think LV must have paid her to carry that tiny case/clutch/thing.

22. camille February 23, 2015 at 03:08 #

yellow and red combined always makes me think of McD’s and the Golden Arches. I think the sparkling hologram like fabric was supposed to be the star in what is a fairly basic design, a strapless column dress. Unfortunately the color combo just doesn’t work for me, tho Nicole is such a stunning woman she transcends. Love her hair and makeup, just wished she’d gone with a better dress.

23. Pedro February 23, 2015 at 03:06 #

The Madame Tussauds version of Nicole is back, that’s sad.

The dress is terrible

• ayatlaw February 23, 2015 at 15:04 #

24. fromchi-town February 23, 2015 at 03:01 #

Don like itat all …. Disappointed!!

25. Bailey February 23, 2015 at 02:58 #

Terrible dress. The light reflects a random assortment of colours that clash entirely with the bright cherry red belt. Awful choice!

26. Claire February 23, 2015 at 02:58 #

The dress is nothing to write home about, and that belt makes me cringe! Not a good look.

27. Prudence February 23, 2015 at 02:57 #

I feel like this color is beyond ugly against her skin tone. I also cannot believe Nicolas came up with this mega dated overly done basic as hell gown for the OSCARS???

Nicole, Lupita, Cate and Emma all failed, this is the worst RC in history I swear!!!

28. Fashionista February 23, 2015 at 02:51 #

She, along with Dakota Johnson, nailed it. Unforced elegance. Pure chic. They did not look like they were trying too hard and that’s why it worked. This dress was difficult to pull off. The color is whimsical and the red band is a bit stark — yet Kidman makes it work. The effect on stage when she presented was staggering. Pure star power. She did not disappoint.

• tweed February 23, 2015 at 03:28 #

I agree. That’s the kind of effortless elegance that sets them apart from others who can be quite lazy an default to a “best dressed” mindset. This is directional and striking in its starkness.

29. Christine February 23, 2015 at 02:51 #

This is not a good look. Very awful. So beyond dated!!!

30. John February 23, 2015 at 02:49 #

I love it. Does anyone know who her new stylist is? I wonder if she’s going to be the new face of LV because she’s been wearing a lot of it lately.

• Susan N. February 23, 2015 at 18:28 #

Isn’t Ghesquiere the head of LV now? She did wear a lot of Balenciaga when he worked there.

31. AnderBoBo February 23, 2015 at 02:49 #

To quote Countess LuAnn “Even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes”. And this is a big one.

32. Yeliz February 23, 2015 at 02:48 #

I don’t like this at all.

• daryl February 24, 2015 at 05:06 #

I love Nicole Kidman’s style of glamour
      and elegance and beauty.
      Keith Urban is a man of style as well,
      he does look hot in Levis jeans.