Menu

23.02.15

Emma Stone In Elie Saab Couture – 2015 Oscars

Emma Stone in Elie Saab Couture 2015 oscars

Emma Stone hit the red carpet of the 2015 Oscars at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on Sunday (February 22).

The Best Supporting Actress wore a custom long-sleeved Elie Saab Couture gown with illusion detailing, an open-back and chartreuse beading.

Christian Louboutin ‘Gardnera’ sandals in the same unique shade are the perfect complement to the gown.

Emma loves risks on the red carpet, and while this gown doesn’t belong deep in the risk category, it is a unique color that perhaps some stars would shy away from, but she wears is flawlessly.

Her wavy bob pulled to one side and deeply pigmented coral matte lips are also perhaps slightly unexpected for a complete look that is a delightfully fun turn on the red carpet.

Credit: Getty

Nicole Kidman In Louis Vuitton - 2015 Oscars

Nicole Kidman In Louis Vuitton – 2015 Oscars

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji - 2015 Oscars

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji – 2015 Oscars

63 Responses to Emma Stone In Elie Saab Couture – 2015 Oscars

1. Parvati February 25, 2015 at 17:32 #

I’m not a fan of this colour on her, but she still looks gorgeous!

2. Lee February 24, 2015 at 14:15 #

I think she absolutely killed it, again. So unexpected of her to 1-wear Elie Saab, 2-go the super embellished, sequin gown and 3-wear a very though colour to wear. She looked golden and her hair was amazing. Its the Oscars people, she played it on the safer side but with her own twist, as always. I was not expecting anything less from her and in my eyes, she did not disappoint.

3. Leo February 24, 2015 at 03:25 #

The colour is just perfect for her. That said, the dress is beautiful and she makes it shine, but I expected some kind of twist from her that she did not bring.

4. Sally February 24, 2015 at 00:45 #

I cannot believe that Emma chose to jump on the Elie Saab long sleeved and embellished gown on a night like the oscars!!! I was expecting soo much more from her! Not disappointed not blown away either.

5. ramsay February 23, 2015 at 23:12 #

I applaud her for having really owned this awards season.
    Maybe she does not finish on the same high as she did at the SAG and the Golden Globes, but she really did well this season. And she definitely was the most consistent.
    Well done!!

6. Jai February 23, 2015 at 22:31 #

It feels like something Angelina Jolie would wear, maybe not in that colour, which incidentally I don’t like on Stone (the colour). It makes her looked jaundiced.

• Nat39 February 23, 2015 at 23:02 #

Angelina instantly came to mind. It’s one of those ‘seemingly pretty but somehow matronly’ moments that we’ve seen on her. I expected so much more from Emma than a predictable mature gown and the colour really does nothing for her. Probably “the most disappointing of the event” for me (considering the expectations).

7. Phoenix February 23, 2015 at 18:16 #

I completely fail to be excited. I was waiting to comment on this one to see if its grown on me, and it has a little bit, but not enough to change my mind. Its too light for her skintone. It looks nice with her haircolor but it doesnt have pizazz.

8. coll February 23, 2015 at 14:34 #

Chartreuse with red hair is a match made in heaven. I’m feeling an homage to Nicole Kidman’s Dior Oscar gown of yore…

9. Ana February 23, 2015 at 14:18 #

I loved this dress on video, the color made it stand out and also gives the uniqueness factor amog the other typical Saab. I had my own experience as a red headed girl wearing green for an important ocasion, so I think it’s the perfect combination.

10. gabis February 23, 2015 at 13:07 #

Like it but I don’t love it. Wish she had ditched the bracelets.

11. serapart February 23, 2015 at 12:31 #

she was my favorite dressed of the night, if one can pull of this colour, it certainly is Emma Stone, she brightened up the place and looked beautiful from head to toe.
    I had high hopes for other actresses but was disappointed majorly, at least Emma gave me goosebumps.

• Athena February 23, 2015 at 20:58 #

+1 She was my best dressed out of a very dull red carpet. The color makes it original and it goes perfectly with her hair

12. natasha February 23, 2015 at 12:30 #

I love it! She looks beautiful – and yes; she didn’t go edgy or unconventional this time, but it’s the Oscars and her film, Birdman won big. I completely understand her wanting to choose a more timeless look for this occasion.

13. J February 23, 2015 at 12:14 #

If only I could be as cool as this woman.

14. Kimma February 23, 2015 at 10:28 #

I was ready for her to bid farewell to all the dark colours she’s been wearing lately, but this is NOT the direction I had hoped for. Not a fan

15. Sanya February 23, 2015 at 09:31 #

Well, I like it. One of my favouirites.

16. kane February 23, 2015 at 09:27 #

I hate it a little less in these pictures, in fact one could even say I like it in the close up: the way the illusion is crafted, fine. But the picture on the left just brings it all together: there is too much of that colour, it’s lacking definition around the waist and the shoes are meh. I don’t care for it.

17. Cara February 23, 2015 at 08:57 #

I was a little disappointed and I’m not sure I like the color, but still, it was one of the most interesting dresses in a dull red carpet. Like, this time next year it’ll be one of the few dresses I’ll remember.

I do love the open back and the hair and make-up.

18. snowlion February 23, 2015 at 08:42 #

Oohhh pretty! Colour, yay!

19. msd February 23, 2015 at 08:23 #

The unusual colour saves this outfit from being boring. Hair and makeup are excellent as usual.

20. annel February 23, 2015 at 06:47 #

Aww, girl crush. Love it.

21. Alina February 23, 2015 at 05:15 #

I love this! Green dress and red hair will always be a winning pairing. Plus… her styling is on point and she wears it so gracefully!

One of my best dressed of the night.

22. TeaAtTwo February 23, 2015 at 04:50 #

She gorgeous and the colour looks great on her but was hoping for something more unique looking.

23. Peony February 23, 2015 at 04:46 #

Absolutely love this. Yes it’s another embellished Saab, but it’s not the usual princess fare. The colour is unique and divine on her, and the silhouette works with the 1920s vibe of her beauty look.

24. Jenny February 23, 2015 at 04:44 #

She was the best of the lot, I adored the color on her but somehow the dress is missing her waist and bodice- it could be the color or cut, it makes her figure looks straight which i feel destroys her best dressed spot.
    I did not like the shoe color and choice, there was so much potential to work and elevate this to best dressed

25. EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2015 at 04:11 #

It’s not for me, although I understand why others will love it. It’s a bit shapeless, and I don’t like the slit–plus I wish she had worn a deep teal blue or something. This color doesn’t do much for her, imo, even though she has such a flawless face and carries it off pretty darn well.

• Nadia99 February 23, 2015 at 05:50 #

I’m pretty underwhelmed by this gown…

26. pinksugar February 23, 2015 at 04:02 #

I’m glad she wore color and embraced a little sparkle but I am not completely sold on this look.

27. Maria February 23, 2015 at 03:43 #

beautiful but she can dobetter. and why did not bring her male , Andrew Garfield , why was with the old lady , do not understand it.

• Valissa February 23, 2015 at 06:20 #

Andrew Garfield is currently filming with Martin Scorsese in Taiwan and I can’t be 100% certain but that “old lady” was her mum (or she atleast looked like her mum?). Strange thing to complain about.

Anyway, I don’t hate this. It is a little safe which is unexpected from Emma but the colour is divine with her red hair and red lips. I also love the 1920’s vibe she had going on. It suits her perfectly!

28. TL February 23, 2015 at 03:42 #

Love her makeups and hair, and nice color of dress, even it’s not her best look (she can do better!), it’s a ‘great’ compare to other boring dresses.

29. tweed February 23, 2015 at 03:39 #

This is good on paper, but that lip color is terrible with the dress. The matching shoes doesn’t help either.

30. Magdalena February 23, 2015 at 03:20 #

I’m so disappointed. After being the risk taker of this award season she wears this? Not that it’s not a perfectly fine gown, but I expected more from her…

31. CreoleLady February 23, 2015 at 03:16 #

The coral lip is perfect for this challenging color. I like it.

32. Teleholic February 23, 2015 at 03:15 #

What saves this from feeling “same-y” and what makes this look for me the best dressed of the night, is the color. Red Hair + Green Gown = Perfection as we all know, and I love that she gave us a slight variation of that for a radiant look. This one sticks out in a sea of white and nude gowns.

• dee February 23, 2015 at 15:27 #

• Susan N. February 23, 2015 at 18:16 #

33. Pedro February 23, 2015 at 03:05 #

She looks fantastic! One of the best of the night

Love her

• ayatlaw February 23, 2015 at 15:05 #

Agreed! PERFECTION!

34. annie February 23, 2015 at 03:05 #

i think she looks absolutely gorgeous, however i was expecting to be blown away and thus am disappointed.

35. fromchi-town February 23, 2015 at 03:04 #

She looks beautiful, but we have seen this gown so many times. Curse of the Elie Saab fatigue. I don’t like the shoes and don’t understand the bracelets.

36. Ashlee February 23, 2015 at 03:01 #

am I the only one that loves this look? The color suites her so well

• Fanny February 23, 2015 at 03:03 #

I love it!

• Kate February 23, 2015 at 03:05 #

I love this look too! This is so different than anything we’ve seen her in; it’s refreshing. While the color may not be that popular, I think it looks heavenly against her skin & hair.

• Laana February 23, 2015 at 03:35 #

I also loved it. She looks so refreshingly radiant. LOVE the color with her hair and lipstick. One of my favorites of the night.

• bas February 23, 2015 at 19:12 #

Total perfection

37. Vicky February 23, 2015 at 03:00 #

This dress does not photograph well. It looked much better on TV.

• elle February 23, 2015 at 03:19 #

It looks gold on my tv (I’m literally seeing it in an audience shot as I write this) but greenish in the picture. I don’t know which to believe but I’m not wowed either way.

38. Nat39 February 23, 2015 at 02:59 #

Boring, mature, typical, even this unusual hue isn’t working well on her – it washes her out. I’m beyond disappointed.

• Larissa February 23, 2015 at 10:17 #

I was waiting her to shake things up on the red carpet with an unconventional dress and then she goes and chooses the same old Elie Saab embellished gown..and one of the most unflattering ones I’ve ever seen. Sigh.

• Nat39 February 23, 2015 at 23:09 #

…make it emerald green and give it to Angelina Jolie. This is WAY below my expectations. Try something dramatically unique and modern a la Diane Kruger at the after-party, and she could’ve been a knockout. This is REALLY disappointing for me.

39. Chris February 23, 2015 at 02:58 #

Definitely one of my favorites of the evening. I especially love the color and her hair looks amazing!!

40. Bailey February 23, 2015 at 02:57 #

Can’t say I love the dress or colour, but on Emma, she makes me atleast like it. She pulls it off so well and her hair and makeup are the perfect compliment

41. Claire February 23, 2015 at 02:57 #

I’m sorry, but that color makes me gag. I cannot stand that shade of green, even on Emma. So disappointed in this look!

42. B February 23, 2015 at 02:56 #

I love this, works perfectly with her hair colour. Might not have been the most exciting dress but she was the only one who had a memorable dress

43. Prudence February 23, 2015 at 02:52 #

…………….really Emma?? Tonight is the night you choose to join the elie saab embelished same gowns bandwagon?!!

There is nothing here we have not seen before in either white, light pink or blue. NEXT!

• Yeliz February 23, 2015 at 02:58 #

You are right, this is a bit of a safe choice, nothing new indeed and I also thought that she’d take a risk and do something different. I do think she looks beautiful, but I can understand your point of view.

• CathyC February 24, 2015 at 02:38 #

*elie saab embelished same gowns bandwagon* LOL!!!
      you are so right this elie-saab-play-safe thing is a major disappointment

44. AnderBoBo February 23, 2015 at 02:52 #

The styling is bringing this down, why those bracelets? And the matchy-matchy shoes are a not working, especially considering the color. Also not sure I love the long sleeves.

45. Christine February 23, 2015 at 02:52 #

Them shoes are budget looking. Not working with this dress. Finally she is wearing color!

• cherrysoftness February 23, 2015 at 08:04 #

“Budget-looking”, definitely! It’s a bit… like it was dyed to match a bridesmaid’s dress.

46. Yeliz February 23, 2015 at 02:52 #

I love black, but I’m glad that she decided to wear some colour. She looks stunning, I love the hairstyle.