Menu

08.02.15

Léa Seydoux In Prada – 2015 BAFTAs

Léa Seydoux In Prada - 2015 BAFTAs

Léa Seydoux attended the 2015 BAFTAs held at The Royal Opera House on Sunday (February 8) in London, England.

The French beauty stunned wearing a canary yellow Prada gown with cap sleeves and cut-outs at the waist.

How does she do it? How does Léa always manage to get the best Prada gown when the designer’s hit rate is well below 50 percent?

This was my favourite of the night. Dramatic, bold in colour, sexy, and elegant—with her confidence shining through. What’s not to love?

Chopard jewels, a stylish blow out and bold red lipstick completed this BDOTY worthy look.

Credit: Getty

Keira Knightley In Giambattista Valli Couture - 2015 BAFTAs

Keira Knightley In Giambattista Valli Couture – 2015 BAFTAs

Madonna In Givenchy - 2015 Grammy Awards

Madonna In Givenchy – 2015 Grammy Awards

59 Responses to Léa Seydoux In Prada – 2015 BAFTAs

1. George February 9, 2015 at 22:37 #

Doesn’s it remind you of Emma Stone’s yellow Atelier Versace gown last year?

2. jo February 9, 2015 at 22:32 #

that colour, hair, make-up, everything – PERFECTION

3. gabis February 9, 2015 at 12:30 #

She looks gorgeous but I’m not crazy about the cut-outs.

4. dedel February 9, 2015 at 11:33 #

I love the color against her skin tone, the hair is perfect and so is the make-up ! BDOTY contender for me.

5. msd February 9, 2015 at 10:49 #

I love this, but I’m a sucker for bright colours and I love yellow. Impeccable styling here too. I really liked Romola Garai in Roksanda as well. She gets props for playing with colour and doing something a bit different. Meanwhile, Hannah Bagshawe wore a dress last seen on Cate Blanchett. This is never a good idea.

6. Jai February 9, 2015 at 10:20 #

I feel like this look has been done a lot so, no…don’t love it.

7. neli February 9, 2015 at 10:05 #

OMG. Perfect from h2t!!!

8. Charlotte February 9, 2015 at 09:37 #

Sutnning !
    I can’t believe this is Prada.
    She looks beautiful, perfect from head to toe.
    I love the color of the dress, her hairtstyle and her make up are perfect.
    BDOTW for sure and on the list for BDOTY !

9. Angela R. February 9, 2015 at 09:07 #

I think that the most of us are “loving” this PRADA dress because it is a copy of a design that have been seen already several times before signed by another designers and worn by other celebrities. Personally, I have a dejavu feeling, I could not say when and where I have seen this model, but I sure did. On the other hand, Lea´s personality is wonderful, she pulls off this intense yellow dress with such a fierce attitude that it is difficult not to adore it. Her hair and make up, flawless, Lea is always one to see on red carpets.

10. Luis February 9, 2015 at 08:38 #

Love the dress on her but very similar to the one Vanessa hudgens wore a while ago. http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/02/03/vanessa-hudgens-in-maria-lucia-hohan-journey-2-the-mysterious-island/

• towanda February 9, 2015 at 14:41 #

yes i thought same

11. amy February 9, 2015 at 08:17 #

how is it that Lea always gets the best Prada bits? Seriously!! the design isn’t super original but she looks so good it doesn’t even matter.love the hair too!

12. Dhppy February 9, 2015 at 06:45 #

Mercy me! The BDOTY race has finally begun.

13. Lavina February 9, 2015 at 06:16 #

Beautiful

14. Valissa February 9, 2015 at 05:59 #

Obviously a yellow gown with a red lip is not original, but hardly anyone is these days and who cares when you looks this good? It is absolutely stunning!
    She always looks so comfortable on the RC and pulls off all her gowns with class and confidence!

15. Alina February 9, 2015 at 05:52 #

Emma Stone’s Atelier Versace from last year came to my mind immediately. Also, the design looks like a MLH dress.

Other than that, she does look breathtaking.

16. fromchi-town February 9, 2015 at 03:29 #

She looks stunning. She has made me fall in love with a Prada look – for that alone BDOTY contender. Blown away!!

17. Gemma Rockets February 9, 2015 at 03:19 #

I truly don’t understand how Prada manages to create unforgettable gowns like this one whilst simultaneously churning out absolutely God awful, ill fitted monstrosities. It’s almost as if there are two Muiccias at the helm.

Apparently, one of them loves Lea.

• CreoleLady February 9, 2015 at 04:14 #

Actually, there is an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal this past week (article at http://www.wsj.com/articles/hollywood-tames-the-runway-1423092870) which discusses how looks go from runway to red carpet. The red carpet gowns often do not follow the design house’s runway aesthetic and may not even be by the designer herself. Lupita’s Oscar gown and Prada were among the examples. Interesting read — and might explain the “two Miuccias”.

• Gemma Rockets February 9, 2015 at 20:16 #

Aargh I can’t read it without subscribing! But thanks anyway!
        I agree with the basic idea though- and understand that Miuccia isn’t designing every prada dress we see. My surprise is as much about the changing aesthetic of prada dresses as it is about the variation in the quality of their pattern cutting and make. Some pieces, like this, are beautiful,y cut and fitted but many more look hastily cut and constructed.

18. Nat39 February 9, 2015 at 02:53 #

Gorgeous hair and makeup, she looks really beautiful. Great colour but the gown is nothing out of the ordinary and quite deja vu-ish with its in fact Maria Lucia Hohan-esque design. Nice but not enough to make a ‘BDOTY worthy’ call here for me.

• Nat39 February 9, 2015 at 05:17 #

also the bodice looks rather cheap and another look that came to mind – Rosamund Pike’s canary yellow Alexander McQueen she wore to ‘Jack Reacher’ premiere a couple of years ago. She does look beautiful but this is not exactly a major extraordinary moment.

19. mango February 9, 2015 at 02:51 #

It looks a lot like that Vionnet dress Liu Wen wore at the amfAR gala: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2014/05/22/liu-wen-vionnet-amfar-cinema-aids-gala/, though still freshly beautiful.

20. sophie February 9, 2015 at 02:18 #

I am the only one who didn’t like the cutouts, as I think they are trendy.

LOVE everything else.

21. McKenzie February 9, 2015 at 01:48 #

Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

Breathtaking.

22. Markness February 9, 2015 at 01:48 #

Clearly Prada loves her. She continues to deliver amazing Prada gowns. I am awestruck by this dress despite people thinking it’s simple and all that. A clear break from the embellished Elie Saab and Zuhair Murad gowns. 😀

23. JamilaMaz February 9, 2015 at 01:44 #

Ohhhhh I’m breathless this is GORGEOUS

24. Alex V February 9, 2015 at 01:38 #

Is it too early for BDOTY?

25. Bec February 9, 2015 at 00:59 #

So am I the only one who thinks it looks PAINFULLY tight at the waist?

Love everything about it except that.

• Kate February 9, 2015 at 02:01 #

Now that I look at it, yes, you’re right. But I think Lea is so slim that it’s cinching at the exact point that her waist naturally narrows (below the ribcage), so it wouldn’t be painful.

• Bailey February 9, 2015 at 03:18 #

+2 Definitely appears too tight. I think this would have been more flattering without the cutouts. Its so fitted, it doesn’t need them

• Kim February 11, 2015 at 10:23 #

I agree completely! I think the cut outs ruin the dress. All I see is a stunningly gorgeous woman with (a small but still present) muffin top. And the rest of the fit is not great….visible horizontal boning on the bust, neckline pushing against the bust…..side angles are even worse. Not a fan at all.

26. Kate February 9, 2015 at 00:40 #

My favorite look of the year so far. Love the design, the color, the hairstyle, the lip color….I’m honestly speechless.

27. Amanda February 9, 2015 at 00:33 #

I totally love it but find the cut outs unnecessary.

• TeaAtTwo February 9, 2015 at 23:49 #

The cutouts weren’t needed but between the colour on her, the divine hair and makeup and how beautiful and graceful she looks she’s selling this big time.

28. Alex February 9, 2015 at 00:32 #

Stunning, stunning, stunning.

29. Angela February 9, 2015 at 00:24 #

I can’t even describe how fabulous I think this look is. I concur with Catherine’s comments completely – best dressed of the night and constantly wearing outstanding Prada gowns. Perhaps Lea and Lupita have a monopoly on Miuccia’s best creations? 🙂

30. Markel February 9, 2015 at 00:23 #

She looks amazing! The color is wonderful, and the fits and the cut-outs too, but it’s really like a Maria Lucia Hohan dress, it was the first thing when I saw her pic online.

• Iva February 9, 2015 at 09:42 #

31. Teleholic February 9, 2015 at 00:22 #

DEFINITELY BDOTY-WORTHY. SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL. Reminds me of the Michelle Williams moment.

32. Athena February 9, 2015 at 00:21 #

Absolutely Stunning! Best dressed of the night and my favorite outfit of the year so far.

33. Nicky February 9, 2015 at 00:19 #

She looks breathtaking. Not sure if this will make the list, but it has BDOTY potential for sure.

34. kk February 9, 2015 at 00:14 #

She looks like Michelle Williams at the Oscars in 2007. The color of the dress, the color of the lip. Great combo, but seen before.

• Frances February 9, 2015 at 05:58 #

Agree that this is very similar to Michelle Williams but we have to understand that the event was a good eight years ago and when someone like Lea rocks something like this, I can definitely see past the fact that we have seen the same combo, albeit some long years ago. It’s fair to say that fashion often repeats itself, especially when something just works together.

35. AnderBoBo February 9, 2015 at 00:09 #

BDOTY-worthy OMG blown away!!! Reminds me of Michelle Williams 2006 Vera Wang Oscar moment, jaw-droopingly gorgeous, perfect!!!

36. Amandad February 9, 2015 at 00:08 #

What’s not to love is right! Perfection!

37. Yeliz February 9, 2015 at 00:06 #

My love for this look is so big that my jaw is still on the floor. Sensational and breath taking, she nailed it in Prada once again. BDOTY-worthy for sure.

38. Pedro February 9, 2015 at 00:04 #

Wow

Perfection!
    BDOTY for sure. The best look of the year so far

39. Phoenix February 9, 2015 at 00:04 #

Holy wow! She looks damn good. Im not a fan of cutouts but I find this overall sooo striking. H2t gorgeousness. Even her hairstyle is awesome….. BDOTW no doubt….n will be on my personal BDOTY most likely.

40. Christine February 9, 2015 at 00:02 #

She was my best dressed of the night and yes BDOTY worthy!!!!!! I will remember this at the end of the year, indeed. So STUNNING!

41. Koma February 9, 2015 at 00:02 #

I was sure it was Maria Lucia Hohan dress, it looks so much like her designs!
    Anyway, she looks amazing! I can’t wait for her Bond promo tour! 🙂

• Bree February 9, 2015 at 00:23 #

Ditto!

• kane February 9, 2015 at 15:43 #

I agree and I can’t say I’m too crazy about the construction of the dress. But I’m giving her this on the basis of the waves in her hair alone. Her poise and confidence are indeed fantastic. Gotta say though, it also was a bit of a underwhelming night.

42. Hannah February 8, 2015 at 23:59 #

Definitely BDOTY worthy. I cannot take my eyes of her. Stunning.

43. Nadia February 8, 2015 at 23:55 #

I’m blown away by her capacity to make me love a Prada look.
    That gown is just amazing !!!

• Christine February 9, 2015 at 00:03 #

Lol. YES!

44. pinksugar February 8, 2015 at 23:54 #

No idea who she is but this is absolutely beautiful. And I rarely, if ever, like Prada on the red carpet.

• sharizal_samah February 9, 2015 at 02:10 #

Prada at its best….an early BDOTY frontrunner