Menu

02.02.15

Katy Perry In Jeremy Scott & Moschino – Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show

Katy Perry Superbowl 1

Katy Perry performed on stage during the Pepsi Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show held at the University of Phoenix Stadium on Sunday (February 1) in Glendale, Arizona, where she let out a ‘Roar’ and some ‘Fireworks’ with some major assists from Lenny Kravitz and surprise guest Missy Elliott.

As expected, Katy put on a colourful, fun show, performing other hits such as ‘California Girls’ and ‘Teenage Dreams’.

With her four costumes custom made by Jeremy Scott and Moschino, she made an impactful, strong and powerful entrance wearing a flame-emblazoned mini dress with cut-outs and gold leather appliqués.

Katy Perry Superbowl 2

The second look, which featured a bustier and skirt set inspired by her hit ‘California Girls’, took a more humorous turn with nods to beach balls, capturing both Jeremy and Katy’s senses of humour with fashion.

Katy Perry Superbowl 3

For her performance with Missy Elliott, Katy rocked an urban-style oversized hoodie football jersey decked with crystal appliqués.

Katy Perry Superbowl  4

Closing the performance with ‘Firework’, the singer was seen floating through the stadium wearing a Moschino custom one-shoulder silver lamé gown with cut-out and silver holographic star detail.

Each of her powerful looks were styled with Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

The flame entrance look is my favourite here.

What did you think of Katy’s performance looks?

Credit: Moschino & Getty

Alexis Mabille Spring 2015 Couture Wish List

Alexis Mabille Spring 2015 Couture Wish List

Felicity Jones In Erdem - 19th Annual Art Directors Guild Excellence In Production Design Awards

Felicity Jones In Erdem – 19th Annual Art Directors Guild Excellence In Production Design Awards

14 Responses to Katy Perry In Jeremy Scott & Moschino – Super Bowl XLIX Halftime Show

1. Maya February 3, 2015 at 17:43 #

I really liked everything about her performance. It was so fun, colorful and entertaining. Appropriate for a super bowl event.

2. cherrysoftness February 3, 2015 at 01:39 #

Jeremy Scott and Moschino, really? Love or hate her, she’s a world star performing at the Super Bowl, she deserved better.

• charlotte February 3, 2015 at 08:16 #

That’s exactly what I thought, Jeremy scott’s designs are usually beyond tacky. katy deserves better

3. Vanie February 3, 2015 at 00:43 #

The looks are typical Katy so that’s great. I enjoyed the performance especially by her sharks 😀

4. sophie February 2, 2015 at 15:27 #

Even though I find her vapid, I enjoyed the show. Each look works fine, though I love classy Katy best.

• Yeliz February 2, 2015 at 18:26 #

5. Bailey February 2, 2015 at 15:02 #

Love how each look was themed for her performances

6. CreoleLady February 2, 2015 at 13:35 #

Still enthralled by that mechanical lion/tiger, amazing entrance. She gets points for wearing performance gear that didn’t show all the goodies and was in keeping with songs/venue.

7. Marcel February 2, 2015 at 13:33 #

I found all costumes boring and lacking in originality. Madonna did much better with Givenchy and that it was not even her most stellar performance.

• pinksugar February 2, 2015 at 15:57 #

I agree. A 30 year old woman still wearing cheesy costumes like this isn’t appealing to me. Beyonce came out there in a simple leather leotard & boots and rocked the place. She didn’t need all this hoopla. I’m ready for Katy to mature and reinvent herself.

8. kane February 2, 2015 at 13:01 #

I know they are performance looks but none of them translates well from the sketch.

• Lara February 2, 2015 at 13:38 #

Have to agree, perhaps with the exception of the football hoodie, which I guess would be pretty hard to get wrong.

9. H February 2, 2015 at 13:00 #

I loved every single detail about it, and every minute of it, this was so entertaining and fun to watch, her costumes were on hand with her music and well, loved every second of it.

10. Christine February 2, 2015 at 12:32 #

I like all her costume choices. It worked perfectly with each song and overall theme for this show. She did an great job! Loved her performances.