Lorde In Narciso Rodriguez – 2015 Golden Globe Awards

Lorde In Narcisco Rodriguez – 2015 Golden Globes Awards 2

Lorde tried the tuxedo trend at the 2015 Golden Globe Awards, held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on Sunday (January 11).

With baggy ill-fitting black pants and a peekaboo transparent crop top, the singer was a renegade on the red carpet in her Narciso Rodriguez Pre-Fall 2015 pantsuit in black. Adding to the maverick style, she opted for a heavy ornate diamond and platinum Neil Lane choker.

With hair styled into a low bun, the look was even more severe. And with goth cherry red lipstick, Lorde looked dated and older.

This outfit felt more Addams Family than up-and-coming rockstar.

Salvaging this look would involve a tailor and a trip to a tween store.

Credit: & Getty

Anna Kendrick In Monique Lhuillier - 2015 Golden Globe Awards

Anna Kendrick In Monique Lhuillier – 2015 Golden Globe Awards

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Miu Miu - 2015 Golden Globe Awards

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Miu Miu – 2015 Golden Globe Awards

31 Responses to Lorde In Narciso Rodriguez – 2015 Golden Globe Awards

1. Kate January 17, 2015 at 22:07 #

“Salvaging this look would involve a trip to the tween store”? What? Lorde is not a tween. She’s nearly out of her teens, and she has confidence and maturity beyond her years. I think she’s rocking this look and it’s true to her style.

Enough with the snark, new writers who are not FC.

2. Tyghe January 13, 2015 at 23:09 #

I love this, and like it better than the Emma Stone pantsuit, which looked like a wedding outfit from a department store.

3. admmgz January 13, 2015 at 19:58 #

I think she looked fabulous & the look is definitely her style.

I also agree that the write up was snarky..

4. Dean January 13, 2015 at 12:44 #

ITA that the writer was a bit snarky. I’m not a fan of her, but that’s her style. She chose a modern outfit, that compliments her style. I think it’s one of her better looks.

5. kane January 12, 2015 at 17:12 #

I would have preferred the white bra and no necklace. I may not like it but it’s her style.

6. Matt R January 12, 2015 at 16:09 #

I have to say…I really liked this look. I think she stayed true to her personality, but found a good balance with the event she was at. I think had she shown up in a tween-style dress, we would all be saying she isn’t being herself and that it’s not like her. Me gusta 🙂

7. natasha January 12, 2015 at 12:15 #

agree with most people here. aside from the tailoring, she looks beautiful and that necklace is perfect. I think her style is becoming more polished, I love it.

8. Jess2 January 12, 2015 at 10:40 #

I think the trousers needed to be tailored a little more but other than that I really like this look! It is true to her style and I love the little twist with the gorgeous necklace. Also loving her hair pulled back to see her gorgeous face.

9. Regina January 12, 2015 at 10:29 #

Aside from the trousers being a tad too long, I think she looks fabulous and true to her style. She’s definitely having fun!

10. Shantal January 12, 2015 at 08:57 #

With a better length of her trousers I would have liked this better. 5 out of 10.

11. Yeliz January 12, 2015 at 06:10 #

I’m not into her style, but I guess this look is better than a lot of her looks.

12. arang January 12, 2015 at 05:49 #

I actually like this for her. Yes, the pants need more tailoring, but the overall look is good for her. And please don’t send her to a tween store — first, because she’s nearing twenty and second, because she’s rather fabulously out of step with the average teen crowd and should remain so if she pleases.

13. Alina January 12, 2015 at 05:26 #

She looks good. Yes, a little mature, but it’s not bothering me this time.

14. easyBlake January 12, 2015 at 04:42 #

I like this look. It would be sexy if she were older, but her smiling presentation keeps it young enough.

Aside, I thought tween ages are 10, 11, 12 years old. Why would you want Lorde to shop there?

15. sophie January 12, 2015 at 04:22 #

No to this look because I know she can do better.

I don’t get her success as I think she is just another teen who thinks she is deeper and more mature than she is, and I don’t get her style, but I am rooting for her on the red carpet.

16. Ash January 12, 2015 at 04:13 #

Narciso not Narcisco. I’ve made that mistake a few times, too!

17. Phoenix January 12, 2015 at 03:19 #

Well considering her usual looks I’m used to seeing, this is pretty darn good. She sticks to what she feels good in but it seems alot cleaner and slicker than usual.

18. Aitchy January 12, 2015 at 02:52 #

If you look at the model, the pants are over long as well, presumably that is the look Narciso is going for. Lorde looks great, and very much true to herself.

19. Alex v January 12, 2015 at 02:41 #

Omg she looks so beautiful! I wish she would wear normal heels instead of those ugly shoes she’s used to

20. Angela January 12, 2015 at 01:47 #

Overall I actually like the look, but the pants are too long and the pumps create further awkwardness in that area.

21. bfly January 12, 2015 at 01:34 #

I actually thought this was one of her better looks.

22. Alex January 12, 2015 at 01:03 #

I think she looks great

23. DivaDebbi January 12, 2015 at 01:02 #

Epic bad.

24. Christine January 12, 2015 at 01:00 #

PS. Um, I miss the old writers that used to help out. No offense to the new ones, but some of these write-ups are not making sense and a bit all over the place. Just my 2 cents.

• Tina January 12, 2015 at 02:14 #

That’s what I thought too. The tone of this post was rather snarky and not what I remember of previous ones. To say she needed a trip to the “tween” store is rather inappropriate. I rather admire Lorde for her unconventional and mature attitude – she is not someone like Bella Thorne and Victoria Justice despite age similarities – I think she is very much dressing like herself and looks pretty good actually.

• Kelly January 12, 2015 at 04:15 #

My thoughts as well. It’s a good look for her with the more polished hair and successfully pulling off a mininalist look. She knows that she can go with more mature looks than some her peers and has the confidence to make them work.

• Veronika January 12, 2015 at 13:00 #

exactly! I read all coverage in one go and found myself missing the “old FC”. the style of the writing is completely different. I used to agree with FC with most of the looks and today the connection feels off..
      ..and as for Lorde, despite pants being too long I think she owns the look as she is not the dress type!

• steph January 12, 2015 at 21:39 #

ITA. 100% I thought she killed this look and glammed it up but in a style appropriate for her.

• Kate January 17, 2015 at 22:06 #

I’m just now reading all the Globes coverage because I was busy with exam studying last week, but I must say that I agree.
      I know FC can’t do it all but I would actually be willing to wait a week or two for all the looks from a big event go up on this site…if it would mean that all the commentary could come from Catherine herself, maybe a few posts per day.
      Some of these writers are terrible. Aside from being hypercritical of strange things (Claire Danes’ “strikingly similar” choice of earrings to earrings she wore to the Emmys, which were not similar imo), sometimes the writing just plain makes no sense! One look was called “not glamorously lauded”–what does that even mean?

The Golden Globes, SAGs, and Oscars are red carpets I look forward to every year around here but these new writers honestly dampen the experience. Luckily I can find better points in the comments 🙂

• Catherine Kallon January 18, 2015 at 01:54 #

Thanks for your comments. I was trying out new people and it didn’t work, so normal service will be resumed going forward.

25. Christine January 12, 2015 at 00:58 #