Menu

12.01.15

Kristin Wiig In Delphine Manivet – 2015 Golden Globe Awards

Kristin Wiig In Delphine Manivet - 2015 Golden Globe Awards

Kristin Wiig attended the 2015 Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday (January 11) in Beverly Hills, California.

The comedic actress wore an off-white, ill-fitting Delphine Manivet Spring 2015 gown that had a bohemian and peasant-like feel to it, heightened with Bulgari jewels.

Normally very stylish, Kristin’s red carpet look paled in comparison to the majority of stars. The off-the-shoulder cut highlighted her shoulders and collarbone, but the material sagged around her hips and waist.

Kristin’s polished bob, coupled with her light mauve lip stain, fortunately brought a positive focus to the upper half of her body.

Though this look was not glamorously lauded, it has definitely proven to be unforgettable.

Credit: Delphine Manivet & Getty

Catherine Zeta Jones In Angel Sanchez - 2015 Golden Globe Awards

Catherine Zeta Jones In Angel Sanchez – 2015 Golden Globe Awards

Lauren Jauregui's Dsquared² Ruffled Detail Dress

Lauren Jauregui’s Dsquared² Ruffled Detail Dress

19 Responses to Kristin Wiig In Delphine Manivet – 2015 Golden Globe Awards

1. Amber January 13, 2015 at 04:27 #

I look at this and all I see is Naomi Harper from Mama’s Family. Probably not what her stylist was going for.

2. Bailey January 13, 2015 at 02:44 #

This is too casual..I actually don’t hate it but I don’t feel its suited for her…someone with a more boho style could have pulled this off

3. Phoenix January 12, 2015 at 19:12 #

How dull. I do not like the fabric. The fit is just weird, almost looks like x-long beach wear to me.

4. kane January 12, 2015 at 16:37 #

The bohoish neckline works on the younger model with the shorter hair, not so much on Kristin at an awards show.

5. Nat39 January 12, 2015 at 15:43 #

A tablecloth. This is a bit too mumsy and not inspiring even for a presenter.

6. pinksugar January 12, 2015 at 15:38 #

As usual with Kristen, this doesn’t work. It’s frumpy and unflattering.

7. Nicky January 12, 2015 at 15:29 #

I wasn’t a huge fan of this, but it’s growing on me. It suits her, in some way.

8. Kourtney January 12, 2015 at 14:48 #

IMO, this is one of her best looks. It “fits” her personality. I loved the styling- her hair and makeup looks incredible and I’m in love with the bracelet. One downside for me is the fabric made it look as bit cheap…this in a matte creamy color like Calvin Klein or Michael Kors would have been perfection.

• arang January 12, 2015 at 15:48 #

Yeah. The fabric is making me rather ambivalent about this look.

9. kelly January 12, 2015 at 14:35 #

i have a hard time saying Kristin’s style is normally ‘stylish’, and most past posts on her have not been favourable….this writing is so… :\

10. Yeliz January 12, 2015 at 14:17 #

I think she looks great but yes, a bit underwhelming.

11. DivaDebbi January 12, 2015 at 14:09 #

This just looks sloppy to me. IMO Kristen never gets it right.

12. betty brandenburg January 12, 2015 at 13:40 #

Sorry to disagree here – this is a great look, and fits her perfectly. I”m not normally a fan of these 80s throwback outfits, but this one works very nicely on Kristen. As to “not glamorously lauded” (what does that even mean?) who else disliked it?

You were also wrong, in my view, with your take on Ruth Wilson’s dress. For me one of the outstanding dresses, simply because it wasn’t trying too hard, which can’t be said for some other people (Rosamund Pike? Heidi Klum? LJo, always?)

13. gabis January 12, 2015 at 12:02 #

This is bad. The dress is awful but her hair is the worst. Not even for a new year’s beach party this is a good look.

14. mattison January 12, 2015 at 10:38 #

I don’t usually care for Kristin’s style, but this isn’t her worst. It’s not particularly event-appropriate, though. I wish she’d do a little more with her hair, but I prefer it blond over that dark shade she had for awhile.

15. Christine January 12, 2015 at 10:32 #

This is not working

16. Alina January 12, 2015 at 10:26 #

I think she looked nice.

Off topic: Can she and Bill host next year? 😀

• Anj January 12, 2015 at 15:18 #

Totally agree on both points! Would love to see them co-host.
      I’m not sure how this dress is ill-fitting. It’s supposed to be loose on the top and it’s not sagging at the hips- it’s fitted. I think she looks great and stays true to her own style.

• easyBlake January 13, 2015 at 03:00 #

Yeah, it’s actually a little tight across the hips, lol. As mentioned below, I would like this better if it were in a different fabric.